IGNORED

David James

redpole

He picks and plays Shaun Wright Phillphs ? Being able to spend endless cash and bring players to huge clubs like Milan and Madrid aint all that hard really when you have a team of coaches below you. Is he really that good a manager ? Has Hart improved so much in the last 2 months doing a job he wasnt capable of in the summer ?

Need I need to go on ?

Sweet jesus, you missed out the fact that he also had a very successfull playing, international and managerial career and one of our best players in Beckham thinks very highly of him?

Christ being a manager and keeping all those ego's in check is easy huh?

Guest Parson St Station

Why is that important ?

I just wondered if it was a defender, and if so would indicate a beginning of becoming a 'unit' which is what we need in the back 5.

I wasn't trying to imply you were a BS spouting tosspot.

Just asking a simple question. :innocent06:

I know mar-mite about the realities of the shituation but this is a fans internet forum so I´m entitled to chat my shite as much as the next idiot, so here goes.-

During the hysteria of his signing, I was gonna pipe up with some possible interpreted ´negatives´ an did to trusted people but luckilly on here my credit run out just as I was gonna click post.

secondly, the ambition claim. What the donald effing **** does a 39 year old keeper, who´d just retired from being England´s no.1 during an era of outright embaressment an clearly lacking in a world class No.1, who´d endured a career with ´calamety´stuck in front of his name, as he sticks to his Devon home, turning down a top flight option really mean when he says [paraphrase] ´´I came to Bristol City because they´re ambitious, and so am I´´?

Had been travelling with a top flight Club supporting mate and he just took the piss: ´´calm down, thought you thought you were a big club, thick star struck yokel **** bastards!!´´ pissing himself after 3-0 at home first day

Marcus Stewart/Michael Bridges take two? wish I´d post this at the time an wish the hysteriacs would get a grip

PS/sincerly did an do wish the guy well here, just stating a few realities as I see them but am in no bit surprised should it go tits up

I dont think the James signing, albeit on a Pay as you Play basis is of any real merit for the club other than the initial media frenzy which may have sold one or two more season tickets and bolstered the gate receipts early season.

Im afraid James career, even in Championship football came to an end a couple of seasons ago, ok so he was Englands pick for the WCF but that was on the basis of his reputation not on actual form. If he was of any value to the future of the club I would be of a different opinion, but hes not. I would much prefer to see Gerks in the no 1 shirt as he would be playing his heart out for BC and not just because it was a convenient arrangement.

We can all see why now supporters of his previous clubs nicknamed him calamity...you just never know what he is going to do next.

You cant blame the Chairman for signing him, who wouldnt want the current England Goalkeeper on the Staff, but his peformances to date have been less than ordinary to say the least...the bigest problem when you play in a side with a "star" is that you expect too much from them and its obvious our defence this season is doing just that. Unfortunately David is knowhere near the level he used to be, doesnt command the box wih his presence ( he never did) and ceratinly doesnt have any Phsycological advantage over the opposing players.

Regardless of what anyone on here posts, it is of the upmost importance to have harmony in the back 5 and you cannot have your first choice goalkeeper training away from the main body of the team, irrespective of how bad his knees are or how old he is...its of fundamental importance to have the back 5 working as a complete unit both on and off the pitch.

I think if Millen had anything to do with it James would be the GK coach and Gerks would be in the No. 1 jersery. I dont doubt that a couple more poor performances for James and he will be replaced by gerks and will probably be down the road on a similar deal with Southampton, Swindon, or Yeovil.

It was a good bit of PR and Publicity signing DJ but Im afraid thats all it was......

This is the worst post I have ever read on OTIB I'm afraid, and that is saying something - I started reading it thinking it was a joke but can see no punchline at the end so can only assume it is an honestly held opinion.

:igiveup:

I'm sure ive seen an interview with DJ before the World cup where he stated he no longer did 'standard' training but more gym work and stretching. In a similar suitation im sure Ledley King doesn't actually train with the rest of the defence at Spurs as he has to look after his knees as well and he seems to do ok when he plays.

i can't be arsed to read through all the posts so sorry if this has been said above.

This also goes for Ryan Shawcross at Stoke, his knees are not stable and has a different regime than the rest of the players at the club. (well he used to, not sure whether it still happens)

This is the worst post I have ever read on OTIB I'm afraid, and that is saying something - I started reading it thinking it was a joke but can see no punchline at the end so can only assume it is an honestly held opinion.

:igiveup:

I bet now David James has proved his quailty we dont hear much more about his career being over a season or so ago :laugh:

Regardless of what anyone on here posts, it is of the upmost importance to have harmony in the back 5 and you cannot have your first choice goalkeeper training away from the main body of the team, irrespective of how bad his knees are or how old he is...its of fundamental importance to have the back 5 working as a complete unit both on and off the pitch.

I bet you flt silly when Fridays training pictures came out and there was David James playing with the rest of the first team squad for Saterday, bet you felt even more silly when he had a MOTM game on Saterday.

Guest Parson St Station

Wouldn't mind this guy in goal for us

000802ab4a630920e68704.jpg

Robin, mate...thats really going too far!!!

However Nick Carle is clearly enclosed inside this chaps right thigh.

BTW, is this a real pic, not 'photoshopped', jesus how old is this fella, 20 ??

Best advert ever for NOT eating that extra kebab after 12 pints of Natch.......

Archived