IGNORED

Can We Get Rid Of The Wurzels Pre Kick Off?

dezgimed

Dunno if anyone else agrees but the Wurzels playing as the teams come out is really cringeworthy now.

Makes us look really smalltime and amateur (more than the performance on the pitch!).

Can we not just let the crowd build up naturally? James must feel like he's joined a circus.

Are you insane?????

Dunno if anyone else agrees but the Wurzels playing as the teams come out is really cringeworthy now.

Makes us look really smalltime and amateur (more than the performance on the pitch!).

Can we not just let the crowd build up naturally? James must feel like he's joined a circus.

Disagree Dez.

We are at heart a West Country club and we draw lots of support from the nearby ( mainly) agriicultural regions of Somerset, Wittshire and Gloucestershire.

So, what's wrong with celebrating that culture with the good old Wurzels songs ?

Even though I live in the city of Bristol, I love all that "I've got a Brand New Combine Harvester" stuff.

It's part of our club indentity.

Celebrate that please and don't change it

The OP has got this all wrong... What we need to get rid of instead of the wurzels is miserable supporters like yourself. You are exactly what is not needed at Ashton Gate right now, I suppose the non playing of music would give everybody the opportunity to slag off the pathetic start to this season, the load of has-been, useless players that have been signed, the absolutely shocking decision by Steve Lansdown to appoint Keith Millen and the price of a coffee in the williams these days... The music hopefully gets played loud enough that all of this whinging and moaning cannot be heard. How is an atmosphere ever going to be created when the moaners have written off any chance we had of winning the game before they had even got to the ground, Somebody said at half time on Tuesday night and I totally agree with him, that the reason its like it is at Ashton Gate right now has nothing to do with the Chairman, the board, the players or the staff its the fans! Yes you read write the fans!!! Since those dizzy days of the play offs in the Championship the expectation has been so huge that unless we qualified for Champions League football within the next two years of that season then nothing was going to do. Maybe if everybody drew a line under everything that has happened this season and turned up with the same attitude the atmospher would be bouyant and the players would respond to this. Play the music loud, play it with pride, sing, shout and raise the roof and maybe , just maybe it might work, but as long as the miserable contingent carry on with the moans and groans then we have had it.

The OP has got this all wrong... What we need to get rid of instead of the wurzels is miserable supporters like yourself. You are exactly what is not needed at Ashton Gate right now, I suppose the non playing of music would give everybody the opportunity to slag off the pathetic start to this season, the load of has-been, useless players that have been signed, the absolutely shocking decision by Steve Lansdown to appoint Keith Millen and the price of a coffee in the williams these days... The music hopefully gets played loud enough that all of this whinging and moaning cannot be heard. How is an atmosphere ever going to be created when the moaners have written off any chance we had of winning the game before they had even got to the ground, Somebody said at half time on Tuesday night and I totally agree with him, that the reason its like it is at Ashton Gate right now has nothing to do with the Chairman, the board, the players or the staff its the fans! Yes you read write the fans!!! Since those dizzy days of the play offs in the Championship the expectation has been so huge that unless we qualified for Champions League football within the next two years of that season then nothing was going to do. Maybe if everybody drew a line under everything that has happened this season and turned up with the same attitude the atmospher would be bouyant and the players would respond to this. Play the music loud, play it with pride, sing, shout and raise the roof and maybe , just maybe it might work, but as long as the miserable contingent carry on with the moans and groans then we have had it.

Blah blah blah. Didnt read.

If you lot were one tenth as passionate as you pretend to be, it'd be one for the Bristol City blaring across the stadium, instead of the usual tumble weed, POINT MADE.

Blah blah blah. Didnt read.

If you lot were one tenth as passionate as you pretend to be, it'd be one for the Bristol City blaring across the stadium, instead of the usual tumble weed, POINT MADE.

Didnt read? obviously dont like the truth then... you can just blur into insignificance and hopefully you do, the music can play as loud as it wants then hopefully it'll drive you out of the stadium and back into your boring world!

i would rather have H&S bollox from Labour than be thrown on the dole by this lot now.

well Portland, I run my own business and have to balance my books. If I spend more than I make I have to trim the fat. I don't see why UK plc can be any different. Cradle to Gravy train from Labour might be nice in Fantasia Land but sadly, before too long, it has to be paid for with real money and not via borrowing more and more and printing the stuff like confetti. Its ever the same in British Politics... Many love Labour for a while as they increase spending on the back of a surplus left to them by the Tories, they eventually come a cropper by not putting aside for a rainy day or selling gold at historic lows and the Tories come in and begin the clean up only for people to get sick of cuts and vote the profligate spender back in and so the cycle begins again. It's always been thus and probably always will be.

As for health and safety ref alcohol : I believe I heard it on a consumer watch program.

Guest Old East End Skinhead

KEEP THE WURZELS!!!!

IF MORE CITY FANS SANG OUT LOUD AND WITH HEARTFELT PASSION TO GENERATE A SPINE-TINGLING ATMOSPHERE WE WOULDN'T NEED CRAPPY TANNOY MUSIC.

ASHTON GATE IS LIKE A MORGUE THESE DAYS. MOST OF THE FANS DON'T EVEN SEEM TO KNOW THE WORDS TO CHANTS AND SONGS.

FANS OF OTHER TEAMS HAVE TOLD ME THAT WHEN WE SANG "DRINK UP THY ZIDER" AT THEIR GROUND THEY JUST LISTENED IN AWE.

Have to say I agree with this- atmosphere today seemed pretty mediocre for a fair chunk of the game really.

Then that is down to US the fans. I know we are all unhappy and disillusioned with our current plight so lets cut out the booing of individual players and GET BEHIND the team at Cardiff and the rest of the season. Remember WE ARE BRISTOL CITY WE ALWAYS BELIEVE.................................. COME ON U REDS.

I'm not that bothered about One For The Bristol City either way, but dezgimed makes a very valid point. If it is such a great tradition etc, why does hardly anyone sing it? Seems to indicate to me that the majority are not that keen.

Archived