IGNORED

Can We Get Rid Of The Wurzels Pre Kick Off?

dezgimed

Dunno if anyone else agrees but the Wurzels playing as the teams come out is really cringeworthy now.

Makes us look really smalltime and amateur (more than the performance on the pitch!).

Can we not just let the crowd build up naturally? James must feel like he's joined a circus.

I think it is quality. Just need the crowd to sing or get some atmos going.

Most people can't wait for the game to start, moan like fk all the way through, leave early for bevvy at half time

and can't wait to get out at the end.

There's some people up behind me in the Dolman who try and start stuff but apart from that..maybe having all the

nutters in the east end is both good and bad.

What songs would you want instead then?

What songs would you want instead then?

I reckon a bit of Phil Collins, or even The Kinks,

Fck me why do we need music? Its a footy match not a concert. Game is in a sad state of affairs. Look at the atmospheres at grounds around europe, I bet they dont have corny songs blaring out to get the crowd goin.

I agree with those who support the Wurzels music staying.... They've been a part of this club for the best part of 40 years and were with us in the old first division when we were a much bigger club than we are now, so I don't get the small club mentality. Can I assume that those slagging off the Wurzels don't bother joining in when we sing our own anthem of Drink Up Thy Zider? I'd be surprised if that's true.

Having said that though i did think that it would've been more apt on Tuesday to run out to Strangers in the Night instead!

yea ok also everton shoud get rid of z cars man city should get rid of blue moon and Liverpool should get rid of never walk alone,

Exactly.

Many clubs have their own individual anthems.

The Wurzels 'One for the Bristol City' and 'Drink up thee cider' are unique to us. I've even heard 'Blackbird' sung at AG.

As I've always maintained: the Wurzels are shit and give the area, let alone the club, a bad impression. Shit music and shit tag that goes with it. Inbred, dopey, thick farmed crap that makes us all look stupid.

I'm inclined to agree, but at the same time I've got a huge soft spot for it, and I'd be sad to see it go :laugh:

As I've always maintained: the Wurzels are shit and give the area, let alone the club, a bad impression. Shit music and shit tag that goes with it. Inbred, dopey, thick farmed crap that makes us all look stupid.

im proud to be from the west country in fact im proud to say ive seen the wurzels live, does that make me an inbred, dopey farmer? jesus if you're that ashamed why bother showing up?

Because I show up to watch the football? You do realise you can buy their songs and listen to them at home rather than pay £30 to listen to them at a football match? This is the point you're making right? If not you've completely lost me.

I dislike them and their 'music' so I shouldn't bother going to the game? Nice one

Nothing wrong with a minute or so of the wurzels as the players come out of the tunnel but i'd be more concerned about changing a performance in 90 minutes dished out vs watford as a few more games like that is not going to inspire fans to build the atmosphere up naturally without music.

I'm quite proud of the wurzels and they are light hearted entertainment which is lacking in music these days.

Nothing wrong with a minute or so of the wurzels as the players come out of the tunnel but i'd be more concerned about changing a performance in 90 minutes dished out vs watford as a few more games like that is not going to inspire fans to build the atmosphere up naturally without music.

I'm quite proud of the wurzels and they are light hearted entertainment which is lacking in music these days.

My kids love it too.

I love driving to matches with my little nippers singing a few wurzels numbers. They pi55 all over Craig David - perhaps the OP would prefer him instead as they walk out.

Because I show up to watch the football? You do realise you can buy their songs and listen to them at home rather than pay £30 to listen to them at a football match? This is the point you're making right? If not you've completely lost me.

I dislike them and their 'music' so I shouldn't bother going to the game? Nice one

my point is more to do with the fact that you said in your first post that having them gives our team the tag country bumpkin and inbred. so please explain what you mean because i like them and have been to see them and yes sing along to their songs from east end does that make me and the other few thousand that join in inbreds and country bumpkin?.are you ashamed that we drink cider? maybe that we have a huge fan base from somerset, who might even drive tractors?

And yes i am aware you can purchase their music, in fact i have the majority on my ipod. Next question?

:farmer:

X2

I'm all for turning the music off pre-game. but The Wurzels are a tradition and part of our history (albeit off the field)

You sound like a right barrel of laughs. Don't try stand-up.

X2

I'm all for turning the music off pre-game. but The Wurzels are a tradition and part of our history (albeit off the field)

True.

ok they may not be everyones mug of cider but cutting ties with their music is going a bit too far as they have been a part

of Bristol city for years in the ground and pubs around BS3, there are loads of flags bare wurzel lyrics and names, the EE mural is ''ernie'' named after the drink up thy zider lyric, the eastend mural logo bares the name ''when the moon shines'' ,,

the wurzels is very much a part of Bristol city culture like it or not, so a bit of the wurzels is not going to hurt as the players walk out on the pitch, 2 minutes or so is not the whole game of their music.

Stop being so miserable.

What he said.

True.

ok they may not be everyones mug of cider but cutting ties with their music is going a bit too far as they have been a part

of Bristol city for years in the ground and pubs around BS3, there are loads of flags bare wurzel lyrics and names, the EE mural is ''ernie'' named after the drink up thy zider lyric, the eastend mural logo bares the name ''when the moon shines'' ,,

the wurzels is very much a part of Bristol city culture like it or not, so a bit of the wurzels is not going to hurt as the players walk out on the pitch, 2 minutes or so is not the whole game of their music.

Archived