IGNORED

David James Dropped?

100200300dear

I was level with it in the lower Dolman, he could not have come for it, he was half expecting a shot (as a lot of us were) and would have had to leave his line as the player was taking his run up!. I dont know where you sit in the ground but you would not have had a better view of it than me so just trust me!!

Well we will see the highlights in a bit and then decide. From where I was sat our £15k a week so called goal keeper was accountable.

I can't believe some of the idiots on here sometimes.

If Basso was better, why weren't fulham or sunderland after him in the summer?

Just because we've lost a few games doesn't make James accountable.

His attitude to me seems fine. I hate how everyone is watching his every move, trying pick something out and have a moan.

Dear god i hope he doesn't read these forums, some of our fans are a joke, always looking for somebody to pick on that's controversial.

Dont worry Jamo, some of us City fans do have sense

Hopefully!!! The guy is a misrable waste of space who hates playing for City, thinks he's above & beyond everybody in the dressing room, and is totally crap. I would rather have Henderson.

JAMES AND MILLEN OUT!

What a load of pants. If he wasn't interested then he wouldn't be balling out instructions all game to his defence and encourage the younger players, and he is the only keeper we ever have had who looks to distrbute the ball with purpose, but hey if you want to put inexperienced quiet goalkeepers in ahead of a keeper who has played at the highest level all his career and a player that half the prem would take as a number 1 then thats fine.

What a load of pants. If he wasn't interested then he wouldn't be balling out instructions all game to his defence and encourage the younger players, and he is the only keeper we ever have had who looks to distrbute the ball with purpose, but hey if you want to put inexperienced quiet goalkeepers in ahead of a keeper who has played at the highest level all his career and a player that half the prem would take as a number 1 then thats fine.

Thank god, somebody with a bit of sense.

I can't believe some of the idiots on here sometimes.

If Basso was better, why weren't fulham or sunderland after him in the summer?

Just because we've lost a few games doesn't make James accountable.

His attitude to me seems fine. I hate how everyone is watching his every move, trying pick something out and have a moan.

Dear god i hope he doesn't read these forums, some of our fans are a joke, always looking for somebody to pick on that's controversial.

Dont worry Jamo, some of us City fans do have sense

Hes as accountable as anyone else in the side if he makes mistakes, like it or not he has made mistakes this season so nobody is picking on him.

Hes as accountable as anyone else in the side if he makes mistakes, like it or not he has made mistakes this season so nobody is picking on him.

This is my point, 11 other players are at fault. We could have had Van der sar in goal, and I couldn't see him making much difference. Yes he probably lost us the Ipswich game, but we were poor all round that day. Scunny he won us the game. The defence he has played with so far has been awful to say the least, he probably can't believe how bad it really is. But he gets on with it, looks like he wants to win as much as everyone else. He's constantly shouting and instructing players, and whenever he gets the ball, hes looking for a short release. Whilst we most certainly aren't the best team in the Football League, we have the best keeper in it. So leave this one alone, our goalkeeping position is the best its ever been.

James will go down as one of the clubs worst signings and biggest mistakes in its history. The sooner he is removed from goal and Gerken reinstated the better.

It is cringe worthy watching the arthritic 40 year old fall over in a heap each time the ball comes anywhere near him. It is also quite embarrassing to be honest. He has become increasingly a monkey on our backs and the sooner we can shake him off the better.

He has done nothing to help or inspire the team whatsoever. He has always been a crap keeper and always will be. There was a reason he was named "calamity" and it wasn't for his stand up comedy.

James is not a patch on those before him and he is not deserving of wearing the city no. 1 jersey.

I was level with it in the lower Dolman, he could not have come for it, he was half expecting a shot (as a lot of us were) and would have had to leave his line as the player was taking his run up!. I dont know where you sit in the ground but you would not have had a better view of it than me so just trust me!!

I was sat behind the goal.

The ball came across and was inside the 6 yard box at the far post.

Keepers ball in my opinion.

James stood in the middle of the goal and watched it headed back across goal.

What and Gerken or Henderson would have plucked the ball out of the air, towering above a crowd of players and two commanding centre backs.....Not their strengths it has to be said.

Saw it from the Williams and to be honest with you, it was the easiest goal I have ever seen at Ashton Gate. Could see from their initial movements when the ball was played exactly where it was going. How the defence or goalkeeper or manager or anyone involved with the team could not see what was going to happen is beyond me!

well you are wrong, ive just watched it again and it was NOT his ball to come for. He wasnt in the middle of the goal either, as i stated earlier, when the ball was headed he was at his back post.

Thanks mate, now perhaps some on here will actually believe me when i said i had a great view and stated he could not come for the cross.

I do now believe that some people see a different game than some of us.

Previous post taken back there was not a lot he could have done, i sat in Dolman bloack D and it looked much closer than that,

well you are wrong, ive just watched it again and it was NOT his ball to come for. He wasnt in the middle of the goal either, as i stated earlier, when the ball was headed he was at his back post.

Well I've just watched it again, and I cannot believe that a ball to the corner of the six yard box is not a ball for a 6'4" keeper to either to claim or punch.

I accept, having seen it again, that by the time the ball was headed he had moved to the back post, but why?

It then reduced any chance he had of stopping it once it was headed back across goal. If he wasn't going to claim the ball, why not stay in the middle and keep all options open?

There seems to have been constant discussions over recent years regarding the failure of our 'keepers to dominate their box.

I've thought until now that DJ was better at this than others.

Yesterday gave me doubts.

But then what do I know? :dunno:

By the way just seen interview with DJ on BBC at the Great North Run.

Drove up apparently to support his wife who is running.

Good on him!

What and Gerken or Henderson would have plucked the ball out of the air, towering above a crowd of players and two commanding centre backs.....Not their strengths it has to be said.

Gerken and Henderson combined aren't on a quarter of the money of James. He's supposed to be one of the best keepers in the country and although he's by no means at fault for many of the goals raining into our net at present he certainly should have done better with that second goal yesterday. And that's not to mention his numerous spills and the way he doesn't organise the defence at all when we leave huge gaps in front of him inexplicably unguarded during set pieces. He looks distinctly average.

Now, I don't think DJ is just an average keeper, but he IS the ultimate confidence player. If his bottle ain't up for it, he transforms into the well-known Calamity James figure that Pompey fans can tell you all about.

I think after a shite World Cup, probable doubts in his mind over the wiseness of his move to a Championship club, Coppell's departure and the dreadfulness of our start, he just doesn't mentally want to be here. And it shows.

It is very hard to drop our 'flagship' signing but unless the competent DJ returns soon, I'm hoping he just decides to tear up his contract and look elsewhere.

I can't believe people are moaning about him!!, He's only as good as the defence around him, when he's one on one with a striker becase our hopeless defence yet again messed up, James can't be accountable for that. And as for Gerken...this is a keeper that was second string at Colchester before he came to us and look at the amount of clangers he made last season. I can gaurentee that most the people who have called for Gerken to get a first time slot again; moaned about him last season. His kicking is awful, and he put to much pressure on himself and the defence, and added pressure on this defence is definatly not needed, just look at the state of it already! Give Millen and James a chance, If and when this defence is sorted out, everybody will be praising James as his preformances will improve.

Well we will see the highlights in a bit and then decide. From where I was sat our £15k a week so called goal keeper was accountable.

I was discussing with the guy sitting next to me at the time that the free-kick in the lead up to the goal shouldn't have stood, and as such missed seeing it live. Seeing it on the Player highlights confirms the above quote to be rubbish from the initial looping header, the question that needs to be asked is how their scorer had such an easy route to the ball.

I was discussing with the guy sitting next to me at the time that the free-kick in the lead up to the goal shouldn't have stood, and as such missed seeing it live. Seeing it on the Player highlights confirms the above quote to be rubbish from the initial looping header, the question that needs to be asked is how their scorer had such an easy route to the ball.

Yep you could ask yourself that question could you not!

God you lot are a joke! I bet over 80% of you were over the moon when James signed for us! But the thing is because James has played the highest standard of football that he should be the dogs bollocks and not concede any goals! Well that's not the case, look at casilas and van dar sar they concede goals. A quality goalkeeper behind a piss poor defence is not any good! Only 2 goals maybe 3 with Saturday he was at fault at! The rest are because the shite he's got infront of him! Give the bloke a rest Christ, majority of you lot were asking for gerkin to get dropped last year I bet! It's easier looking at the conceeded goals but we need to score goals to win games and we aren't doing enough of that! In David James I trust!

Thanks mate, now perhaps some on here will actually believe me when i said i had a great view and stated he could not come for the cross.

I do now believe that some people see a different game than some of us.

Everyone needs a scape goat...to some, David James is one. Some fans on here were calling him a disgrace because he didnt "clap the fans who went to Ipswich.

The problem is not our goal keeper....its the fact we have the worst back four we have had since 1998

I think we need to look at the 4 in front of him, and Saturday Carey was at fault for both first he does his normal arm up not playing to the whistle then he stupidly clambers over their attacker to give away the free kick.

I was one In the minority that thinks Carey days should be over now and I believe he has too much say in the dressing room hence the removal of one of our most successful managers

Archived