IGNORED

David James Dropped?

100200300dear

Guest big red dog

Everyone needs a scape goat...to some, David James is one. Some fans on here were calling him a disgrace because he didnt \"clap the fans who went to Ipswich.

The problem is not our goal keeper....its the fact we have the worst back four we have had since 1998

You dont know for sure the problem lies with the defence. Remove James and they might start playing. Maybe they dont get along with him behind the scenes.

I cant understand why some people think David James is infallible and can do no wrong just because he used to be famous.

I dont really care either way about DJ, but something clearly needs changing and i say put Gerken in on Saturday. Nobody expects us to get anything and its away from home so no pressure. If we concede 6 then we know James is not the problem.

Get used to it's in his contract to play !

No man is bigger than the club whether it is James or flipping Beckham. I beleive that James is only here to pick up his pay check every week for me he adds nothing to the team. All goalies make mistakes I know but bring back Gerkin. We have Portsmouth next Tuesday who have not up to now won a game this season , something tells me they will next Tuesday!!!! BRING BACK GERKEN.................

I think we need to look at the 4 in front of him, and Saturday Carey was at fault for both first he does his normal arm up not playing to the whistle then he stupidly clambers over their attacker to give away the free kick.

I was one In the minority that thinks Carey days should be over now and I believe he has too much say in the dressing room hence the removal of one of our most successful managers

Louis Carey has been a stalwart of this club for years and as Captain of this club surely he has the right to voice his opinions. I cannot believ that you are pointing the finger at him for the dismissal of Johnson!!! Do you really know what was going on in the dressing room , I dont think you do !!!!

Whats amusing is that you are unable to use a computer.

One post is always suffice! Two is often just damn rude!

Oh.....no need to leave such a large space. It impacts on your carbon footprint you know.

Now, that is amusing Andrew! And it rhymes.

You think DJ is worse than Dean Gerkin? Your mental!

Gerken was scapegoated ( by some) for some horrendous performances by the defence last season, despite many fantastic saves and numerous games where he prevented further humiliation.

This season one or two of the personnel may have changed but individually and as a unit our defence is still dire. Not one of our defenders has been consistently adequate for over a year.

The blame for the amount of goals conceded lies almost entirely with the form/ability of the defenders - we have excellent goalkeepers but all too often they are hopelessly exposed.

There isn't a single goalkeeper in the League who wouldn't occasionally appear a bit jittery behind that lot.

Archived