IGNORED

City Were Brilliant Tonite

Danny P

To all u Keith millen haters out there city were a breath of fresh air tonite compared to previous performances, I haven't seen an attacking perfermance as good as this for years, adohmah, stead, and rose were fantastic as were our defence for the majority of the game, mark my words, on this performance, there is NO way we will go down, we were robbed by an imcompitant referee, onwards and upwards with keithy millen, U REDZZZ

Oh that old chestnut! Blame the ref.

Why was he to blame for Portsmouths 3 goals?

If you were there mate you wouldn't of asked this question. Yes he was to blame for the last goal due to not given us clear free kick after rose was clattered in there half. And we should of had at least 2 stone wall pens.

I didnt go tonite & have said on other threads dont thing KM is man for the job, but taking it from you who went that the proformance was good will wait to see how the net 3-4 games go, just worry that we seem to be getting cut adrift at the wrong end, know its early days but dont want us to get stuck down there to long

Were you there mate! Obviously not then! You just keep on slagging the team when they played out of their skins tonight, credit where credit is due they done us proud tonight and if you were there you would understand that! The ref was a **** watch full highlights and you will agree but I was there and we deserved a point!

On the way home and echo everything kingswood down red says, we were excellent today just didn't get the rub of the green. The ref had a shocker and there were a number of decisions thathat wrongly went against us including two stone wall pealtys. Little things didn't go our way and we were just unlucky, its football, it happens.

On the whole it was a game that you would have had to of seen to believe. We should have won the game and I'm VERY confident if we carry on playing that way (bar the sloppy defending) we will be fine this season.

We were good tonight and yes the ref shafted us, city needed a bit of luck tonight which didn't happen.

Pompey have got a darn good side who are also in transition under a new boss, keep the faith!

I've said it a thousand times but Albert was class tonight, he's getting better and better

Performances don't earn points...

Yah De Yah Go Drink your glass of half-empty milk, go to bed---and try to dream about supporting the team, instead of criticising. The performance tonight was much better than the score suggests, 2-2 would have been more accurate. Things can only get better!!

Just back from the game

Great performance. Stead worked hard and Ademoah was exciting to watch

The new lad in defence did well too for someone so young - I found him quite composed and assured on the ball

It was good to see Millen go for all out attack in the second half.

John Utaka for Pompey was man of the match for me. A different class

Performances don't earn points...

for all you people who dont like this comment, and as much as i hate to say it, simplyred is correct.

this is what makes football the most wonderful, most frustrating, most loved game in the world.

We can play so well, but lose by 2 goals. I hate it, you hate, we all hate it, but, just as an example, would you rather we played crap and won or played well and lose??? we could be mid-table / playoffs or even higher by christmas if we play crap and win every game till then, or we can play well, keep losing, and fall adrift at the bottom of the league.

and dont be a smart arse and say play well and win, cuz life just aint that fair. (although it would be nice)

hopefully we can convert these performances into wins.

Just back home too, long journey home with no mobile battery!

Adomah is different class, outstanding tonight and developing a real partnership with Stead, the goal was a great piece of clever play by the two of them. Elliott did well, skuse not so. We were crying out for Johnson when Elliott went off, no good having 4 strikers when we have no one to give them the ball.

Ribs looked out of sorts playing wing back, but Utaka was class so we can forgive him that, hopefully he will have learned from tonights game.

The most disappointing thing was that the two goals (3rd shouldn't count!) were so avoidable. The first, was from our own free kick in the centre circle, which we tried to be clever with and just gave the ball straight back to them. The second should not have led to a corner in the first place, Ribs panicing under no pressure.

All in all, there were a lot of positives, and we DID play well. We look a threat going forward and should have had a stick on pen. I still have concerns that Millen cannot find a settled side, and that could cost us with a tough run of games coming up.

Archived