IGNORED

Seems A Stupid Question But...

hinsleburg

since the pompey game people have said how much we'd looked better despite losing 3-1. this got me thinking do fans want to see us try and play football every week or grind out results.

most people got fed up with johnson because of the style of the football we played but we were still around mid-table.

so what would you prefer on saturday? a great team performance but draw or lose the game or alternatively another dire game with a 90th minute own goal giving us the win. me personally i will take any win no matter how it comes at the moment.

I think this season has been a classic case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Before the witch hunt for johnson's head, we were never in any danger, albeit we played limited football.

I believe history will be kind to Johnson and it could be years until we are genuine contenders again.

I think this season has been a classic case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Before the witch hunt for johnson's head, we were never in any danger, albeit we played limited football.

I believe history will be kind to Johnson and it could be years until we are genuine contenders again.

Stupid post, i guess your another blind johnson lover? the word 'hindsight' springs to mind :tumbleweed:

Stupid post, i guess your another blind johnson lover? the word 'hindsight' springs to mind :tumbleweed:

I'm certainly not a Johnson lover, whatever that is, but I'm certainly greatful for what he bought to the club. He lost his way and had too go. That said, we were rarely a soft touch under his leadership, even if the football became turgid.

All I'm saying is give me results over 'exciting' defeats any day.

since the pompey game people have said how much we'd looked better despite losing 3-1. this got me thinking do fans want to see us try and play football every week or grind out results.

most people got fed up with johnson because of the style of the football we played but we were still around mid-table.

so what would you prefer on saturday? a great team performance but draw or lose the game or alternatively another dire game with a 90th minute own goal giving us the win. me personally i will take any win no matter how it comes at the moment.

At the moment I'd have to agree with you. We need the points. And for as long as we need points to get/stay clear of trouble, I think most people would agree. And if we were close to promotion or a play-off place then again I think most people would live with functional performances as long as we got the points.

Longer term, though, many people won't pay £25 - £30 a game to watch dull football that only gets us to mid-table.

Often, people miss the point with this argument, and seem to assume that you can only succeed with dull football and that playing an entertaining style is bound to lead to lots of defeats. The problem we've had recently (lots of last season, and the beginning of this) is that we've been awful to watch and got poor results. So I am more positive after the last couple of games than I was a couple of weeks ago not because I think "Oh good, I'm going to be entertained tomorrow even if we lose" but because I think "If we carry on playing as we did against Portsmouth we'll almost certainly start picking up points, whereas if we'd carried on playing as we did against Watford we'd certainly end up relegated".

So I'll be putting a sneaky bet on City winning 3-0 or 3-1 tomorrow - and hoping to be entertained as I win a few quid!

I believe history will show we were on a steep downward spiral towards relegation with a split dressing room when Johnson left.

I think with good football comes confidence and then good results will follow, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Archived