IGNORED

Sousa Sacked

Snufflelufagus

Leicester is (now) my second team, as I grew up there, and I have to say my first response to this was relief. I'm generally all for managers being given time, but I've seen nothing to suggest Sousa is a good manager.

Having said that, IMO having Mandaric as chairman is a pretty awful fate for any club, and there has to be a worry that he'll bring in someone even worse, and try to run the team as well as the club.

Anyway, I'm hoping neither team is anywhere near their current position in a few months' time.

According to the beeb, Eriksson's been linked to the job:

"Sven-Goran Eriksson has been linked with the now vacant post at the Walkers Stadium, but he refused to comment when asked by the BBC.

The former Notts County director of football said: "I have had a lot of contact with clubs in the last week, that's normal, but I won't comment on this story."

When he says "clubs", anyone think he might mean us? What would you think if SL brought him in?

Perhaps it's the right move. I personally think Sousa is a great manager, and trys to play attractive football. But i think his failings, are trying to play continental style football in a British set up.

He recently wrote a report on the faillings of the English coaching set up and that we are 7 years behind the rest of Europe. His view is that we have the talented youngsters here, but poor coaches and teaching from the top. It made very interesting reading and a lot of sense.

Mandric might have his faults, but i think he's probably doing the right thing for the Club and Leicester will improve.

I wonder who they will appoint?

"Sven-Goran Eriksson has been linked with the now vacant post at the Walkers Stadium, but he refused to comment when asked by the BBC.

The former Notts County director of football said: "I have had a lot of contact with clubs in the last week, that's normal, but I won't comment on this story."

When he says "clubs", anyone think he might mean us? What would you think if SL brought him in?

Not a chance. SteveL isn't a Hicks/Gilette joke of a chairman.

what job does Sven not get associated with though?

he will end up somewhere he can earn shed loads of cash and get as much nookie as a dog in heat

Radio5 says an appointment will be made really soon, so I guess they have someone in mind. The sacking comes days after they were beaten 4-3 by Norwich, and before that 6-1 by Portsmouth. Who is it we got next! :o

Really? The Watford & Coventry games were both fairly hopeless.

Burnley and Portsmouth performances showed commitment and evidence that we are going in the right direction.

Even Coventry showed progress from the Watford game which i must agree was dire. ?

closedeyes.gif

Sven is a joke, has achieved very little recently apart from making his wallet fatter.

You're kidding right?

Just because the national press decided his time should end as England manager doesn't mean you should beleive the negativity surrounding him from most englishmen...

Dont remember us ever playing as badly as we did this year under Sven...

Bloke is a World Class coach and manager. He saw an opportunity at Notts County and was sold a load of lies, He did a great job of turning Man City round too.

the only failure I can see on Sven's CV is Mexico...

Ridiculous slating him like that.

Would be great have Svennis at Ashton Gate on the 19th of November.

Scandinavian Branch will teach him what team to support.

You're kidding right?

Just because the national press decided his time should end as England manager doesn't mean you should beleive the negativity surrounding him from most englishmen...

Dont remember us ever playing as badly as we did this year under Sven...

Bloke is a World Class coach and manager. He saw an opportunity at Notts County and was sold a load of lies, He did a great job of turning Man City round too.

the only failure I can see on Sven's CV is Mexico...

Ridiculous slating him like that.

Mexico might have been a failure but the time he enjoyed most in his footballing life.

Guest ITKBCFC

Mate of mine is a season ticket holder down the walkers said he's heard Gary Johnsons name mentioned dont know if theres any truth in this, it may just be a case of chinese whispers :tumbleweed:

Archived