IGNORED

O'neill

the1stknowle

Looks like Millen will be sacked or asked to resign soon. Things have never looked right. Maybe it is Coppell's fault. Maybe it's not. It doesnt really matter. Something is wrong and needs to be done.

Everyone mentioning Pardew.. who is a decent manager. But why are we dismissing O'Neill or at least dismissing the likelihood that he'd be interested?

There aren't that many Premier League teams where he can win stuff and none who are likely to appoint him so his best bet is to build something. And we are bottom of the second tier, with the a good chairman with finance behind him, a new stadium on the way (stupidity allowing) and the largest catchment area without top flight football in the whole of Europe. So it isnt totally unthinkable that someone like him would be up for the challenge of building us for 3 or 4 years.

If I'm totally off mark and he isn't interested, then I'd suck it up and pay the money and get O'Driscoll, Eddie Howe or Tisdale. Give someone that has earned their stripes a chance. Tisdale in particular has an incredible record in the teams he has managed and is doing amazing things at Exeter. Can only be a matter of time before someone snaps him up.

And I know we have a manager etc etc but let's all be honest that anyone who has watched a game this season (Pompey aside and we LOST that one) knows that something is going horribly, horribly wrong. And I just think that very soon we won't have a manager.

Hmm it's slightly more possible than Mourinho quitting Madrid and flying to Bristol first thing Monday morning so yeah maybe he would be interested.. I've got a source that tells me he's eyeing up a house in Nailsea right now as well actually!

Martin O'neil you must be kidding? He wouldn't come down to BS3.

I feel sorry for Mr Lansdown, we have brought in alot players this summer and blatantly nothing has worked/ poorly invested, whilst losing Orr, Hartley, Maynard (inj).

James (big wages, cant blame him but doesn't put his authortiy character in)(Probably reason Coppell left).

Cisse 500k (is he fit? Dropped?

Vokes (must be still paying his wages)

Pittman 800k (struggling to be given chance, left on bench/ would Swansea pay these fees and leave on bench(Sinclair)?

Stead 300k (not looking profolic)

Adomah 300k (Only bright spot, puts in effort and is improving)

Hunt - Has he ever been fit?

Stewart - no better than Mccombe

Rose - thought he was a left winger, not a utilty player?

Caulker - looks good did nothing wrong today

Combine this with flops like Clarkson 800k, I am very worried. Disorganised side.

Coppell was an iceberg on the horizon SL never spotted, The damage looks done and unless the side become a "team" were going down or we get some more investment/ new boss were going down...

Martin O'neil you must be kidding? He wouldn't come down to BS3.

I feel sorry for Mr Lansdown, we have brought in alot players this summer and blatantly nothing has worked/ poorly invested, whilst losing Orr, Hartley, Maynard (inj).

James (big wages, cant blame him but doesn't put his authortiy character in)(Probably reason Coppell left).

Cisse 500k (is he fit? Dropped?

Vokes (must be still paying his wages)

Pittman 800k (struggling to be given chance, left on bench/ would Swansea pay these fees and leave on bench(Sinclair)?

Stead 300k (not looking profolic)

Adomah 300k (Only bright spot, puts in effort and is improving)

Hunt - Has he ever been fit?

Stewart - no better than Mccombe

Rose - thought he was a left winger, not a utilty player?

Caulker - looks good did nothing wrong today

Combine this with flops like Clarkson 800k, I am very worried. Disorganised side.

Coppell was an iceberg on the horizon SL never spotted, The damage looks done and unless the side become a "team" were going down or we get some more investment/ new boss were going down...

Good post. Not sure I can feel "sorry" for Steve L though...he has my sympathy but he's responsible for running this club...he picks the managers and agrees the signings...and I'm afraid that he has to carry the can for decisions that are made...

When we were after a new manager there was loads of people who applied , a club going for promotion... if the manager position comes up now i wonder how many people will apply ? I feel we need to act soon as millen will take us down with this team!

hmmm let me see, Oneil left villa in the sh*t at the start of the season because he did not feel right. Remind you of anyone. Last season managed a team competing for the top 6 in prem. I know why dont i go manage a team bottom of the championship, thats going to be motivational and inspiring for me................ Top post dude you should be our next chairman. :disapointed2se:

Looks like Millen will be sacked or asked to resign soon. Things have never looked right. Maybe it is Coppell's fault. Maybe it's not. It doesnt really matter. Something is wrong and needs to be done.

Everyone mentioning Pardew.. who is a decent manager. But why are we dismissing O'Neill or at least dismissing the likelihood that he'd be interested?

There aren't that many Premier League teams where he can win stuff and none who are likely to appoint him so his best bet is to build something. And we are bottom of the second tier, with the a good chairman with finance behind him, a new stadium on the way (stupidity allowing) and the largest catchment area without top flight football in the whole of Europe. So it isnt totally unthinkable that someone like him would be up for the challenge of building us for 3 or 4 years.

If I'm totally off mark and he isn't interested, then I'd suck it up and pay the money and get O'Driscoll, Eddie Howe or Tisdale. Give someone that has earned their stripes a chance. Tisdale in particular has an incredible record in the teams he has managed and is doing amazing things at Exeter. Can only be a matter of time before someone snaps him up.

And I know we have a manager etc etc but let's all be honest that anyone who has watched a game this season (Pompey aside and we LOST that one) knows that something is going horribly, horribly wrong. And I just think that very soon we won't have a manager.

mate you are clearly very stupid if you think O'neill will take over a team BOTTOM of the championship

Oh My Days!! :igiveup:

Archived