IGNORED

New Signings - Who Got You The Most Excited?

Carey 6

Come on guys, take the blinkers off.

It was not long ago that David James was hailed as the most monumental signing city has ever made.

This place was full of threads on the subject, and we were the talk of the sports channels.

Surely no contest if the question is based on reaction at the time, rather than reaction with hindsight?

Come on guys, take the blinkers off.

It was not long ago that David James was hailed as the most monumental signing city has ever made.

This place was full of threads on the subject, and we were the talk of the sports channels.

Surely no contest if the question is based on reaction at the time, rather than reaction with hindsight?

The first post that i started this thread off says "besides James" because i knew that it would just be a long list of people saying him.

the day we signed Nicky Hunt, Damion Stewart and David James an hour later was a very good day, a nice feeling at the time

Hopefully evantually, all will come good

"Hopefully" is the right word to use bcfcchris, because unfortunately none of these three signings have performed as expected so far.

My own assessment (open to challenge on here as usual) is:

Hunt - disastrous Copout signing, no wonder Bolton got rid of him.

Stewart (another Coppell signing I believe) - looks too slow and not great in the air but (might) just be OK given the right defenders around him (not convinced though).

James - brilliant career, fantastic achievements in the game, but now WELL past it and (I believe) happy to have nice easy (huge) income from us - close to his home in the twilight of his career.

Ref James. Frankly his record with us so far is APPALLING. I know our defence has been woeful this season and they are responsible for lots of goals we have conceded - but look at the stats so far this season.

James has conceded an average of nearly 2 goals per game. We have the worst goal difference of any club in our league.

As I said on another thread, I would start Gerken at Cardiff.

"Hopefully" is the right word to use bcfcchris, because unfortunately none of these three signings have performed as expected so far.

My own assessment (open to challenge on here as usual) is:

Hunt - disastrous Copout signing, no wonder Bolton got rid of him.

Stewart (another Coppell signing I believe) - looks too slow and not great in the air but (might) just be OK given the right defenders around him (not convinced though).

James - brilliant career, fantastic achievements in the game, but now WELL past it and (I believe) happy to have nice easy (huge) income from us - close to his home in the twilight of his career.

Ref James. Frankly his record with us so far is APPALLING. I know our defence has been woeful this season and they are responsible for lots of goals we have conceded - but look at the stats so far this season.

James has conceded an average of nearly 2 goals per game. We have the worst goal difference of any club in our league.

As I said on another thread, I would start Gerken at Cardiff.

Red Planet: I couldn't agree more with regards to Hunt and Stewart, however I do think that you are a little harsh on James. On this forum we have had various threads and posters both deriding and extolling the virtues of David James. To be fair to the man, I believe that his career record up to the point of joining us should grant him the luxury of not being too harshly assessed until he is afforded the favour of a half decent defence in front of him. :innocent06:

Also, while we are dealing in opinions, I actually rate Henderson over Gerken! :preacher:

no way James shouldnt be dropped. Only the other month ago he was playing in a world cup picked by Fabio Capello how can u drop the guy! makes me mad how ppl are blaming James for some of our blip to be honest i think i could have been far worst if James wasnt in goal? he could still do a job in the premier league now. Its not James its the defence, hes a massive asset to the squad and influences the rest of the team. Time will come for victories and hopefully the 1st win is against Cardiff COME ON U REDZ

no way James shouldnt be dropped. Only the other month ago he was playing in a world cup picked by Fabio Capello how can u drop the guy! makes me mad how ppl are blaming James for some of our blip to be honest i think i could have been far worst if James wasnt in goal? he could still do a job in the premier league now. Its not James its the defence, hes a massive asset to the squad and influences the rest of the team. Time will come for victories and hopefully the 1st win is against Cardiff COME ON U REDZ

i think u mean 2nd mate we have already beaten S****horpe 0-2 at S****horpe

Archived