IGNORED

Time To Mock The Taffs! C.c.f.c

Dolman Block B

Maybe my babber.

My office is in Southville, so why not pop in for a cup of tea and some English lessons? We can also discuss why you felt that Bristol, England was a preferable choice to work and live than your native Wales. Come on over, it'll be fun...................................

Now, now no need for that. I was only asking a civilised question. It's just that I can't understand a word of it. Are there many farms over that way?

You say there is no need for it, but then say you don't understand it. So how can you get offended by something you don't understand?

One is written in something approaching Enlgish whilst the other is spoken in a dialect I can't make head nor tail of. Keep up :)

By the way, do you REALLY play the Wurzels as the team comes onto the pitch?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear................. I'm not the one who needs to keep up me thinks.

It's the money guv. Loads of it. And I take it all home to spend on sheep and leeks. nom nom nom...

So you are ethically and morally corrupt given that you've spent the last few days accentuating the merits of being from, and living in, Wales, yet you live and work in England because of the money.

I suppose it is no different to being from any other third world country and coming to England to earn money so you can send it home to your family so their sad existences can be made a little better.

So you are ethically and morally corrupt given that you've spent the last few days accentuating the merits of being from, and living in, Wales, yet you live and work in England because of the money.

I suppose it is no different to being from any other third world country and coming to England to earn money so you can send it home to your family so their sad existences can be made a little better.

Cardiff is rammed to the rafters with people from South West England. There are more people where I work from the South West than from Wales.

And..

Average Weekly Wages, 2009.

Median Mean

Cardiff: £396.70, £482.10

Bristol: £395.70, £447.00

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloads/theme_labour/ASHE-2009/tab8_1a.xls?bcsi_scan_DA71D81C42451786=0&bcsi_scan_filename=tab8_1a.xls

I feel sorry that you lot will be charged £5.50 for the bridge now, realising how financially impoverished you are.

Cardiff is rammed to the rafters with people from South West England. There are more people where I work from the South West than from Wales.

And..

Average Weekly Wages, 2009.

Median Mean

Cardiff: £396.70, £482.10

Bristol: £395.70, £447.00

http://www.statistic...ame=tab8_1a.xls

I feel sorry that you lot will be charged £5.50 for the bridge now, realising how financially impoverished you are.

Why on earth is it cheaper to buy things in cardiff than bristol? I always assumed it was due to wages being better over here.

Why on earth is it cheaper to buy things in cardiff than bristol? I always assumed it was due to wages being better over here.

I don't think things are cheaper in Cardiff really.

The difference though is that the Cardiff hinterland is significantly less wealthy than the Bristol hinterland. 600-700,000 people live in the Valleys and many shop/work/commute into Cardiff, so it does keep the prices down for a lot of things.

I enjoy all this banter, but if there is any truth that needed stating, it's that Cardiff very much is not like the rest of Wales.

I don't think things are cheaper in Cardiff really.

The difference though is that the Cardiff hinterland is significantly less wealthy than the Bristol hinterland. 600-700,000 people live in the Valleys and many shop/work/commute into Cardiff, so it does keep the prices down for a lot of things.

I enjoy all this banter, but if there is any truth that needed stating, it's that Cardiff very much is not like the rest of Wales.

I didnt mean white goods like TV's etc, but going out to cafe's and pubs it is cheaper over there.

I didnt mean white goods like TV's etc, but going out to cafe's and pubs it is cheaper over there.

Well again, partly because on any given day a lot of people consuming the products in Cardiff are from the Valleys, which generally are poorer (although there are an awful lot of wealthy people that live in the valleys too).

Again though, I'm not sure a pint is really cheaper in Cardiff. I paid £4.25 for a pint of Welsh cider the other day. A bottle of the local stuff Brains beer can easily be £3.50. A pint of Brains is typically approaching £3.

Needless to say, it all depends where you choose to spend yer money.

Archived