IGNORED

If Millen Left

stroudy

Bobby Gould. He has a house in the area.

Failing that, Martin O'Neill.

Come on you can do better than that surely?

You've been told that Bobby's second cousin's, brother-in-law's paper-boy, has seen Bobby in a local estate agent looking at houses close to the Gate...? And you managed to see a private plate with MXN 700 driving through Bristol recently?

here we go again the same post time after time WHOS GONNA BE THE NEXT CITY MANAGER heard it all before

Not at all, if you read the post I am asking pople's thoughts on who they would have. Not WHO will be.

This is a place for debate is it not?

Honestly I don't think Milly is going anywhere and don't think he will but lots of thread's on getting Milly out but no one really saying who they would bring in. Hence the debate! If you don't like this sort of thread dont read it. Simples!

The intention is not to turn this thread into a debate on him staying or going it is a hypothetical debate on WHO the forum think they would like IF Millen left.

Any out of Eddie Howe, Gus Poyyet or O'Driscoll would be an inspired choice. All are successful managers and punch above their transfer budget, know the lower leagues, play attractive football and would be hungry for success as City would, in terms of potential, be a step up for them. Coppell's brief reign showed that, unless there are rare personal circumstances like James, that it's hard to attract decent players (aside from loans) from the Championship or Premier League. So it's essential that a quality manager who can pick the very best bargain future stars from the lower leagues is appointed. I don't think many people appreciate the footballing miracle that Eddie Howe has produced given the finances and squad numbers available to him. He's picked up some gems and brought the best out of the young players. I think out of the three that would be my choice but SL would have to bring his EH plus backroom staff. Leave it much longer and some other Championship Club will snap him up and I dare say SL might regret a missed opportunity.

The current manager of a Prem club?

Inspired.

Why anyone thinks O'Driscoll would want to come here now I've no idea, have those of you who do actually looked at the league table recently?

I believe the article said 'who do you want't' therefore people have said who they wanted just as i said i would want O'Driscoll as he was my #1 choice when GJ left (admittidly Coppell was #2). Howe from Bournmouth would be a more realistic choice therefore if we are thinking that way, or potentially Phil Brown, has the experience of promotions and getting out of this division.....although were doing that at this rate already.

Whoever comes in theirs no guarantee's he'll keep us up. We are in that much trouble.

This new man will have a massive squad on his hands lacking any real quality, players shot on confidence and a squad full of miss match players - GJ's, Coppell's and Millen's. Not a blend you want as Jackett pointed out last night on sky.

No doubt any new man will want to strengthen too in January when money's already tight - yet more new players! Takes time to gel, it's all a mess for me.

Amazed to think the chairman thought Milly was ready for this job after coppell walked when just 3 months earlier obviously thought he wasn't.

I think SL should appoint the man he should of done once coppell walked - SOD.............though reckon Poyet a good shout also.

Archived