IGNORED

If Millen Left

stroudy

Phil Brown is a motivator, though he arguably lost the dressing room with his rant on the pitch so something like that here in our current position would be disastrous.

Added to that he kept Hull up from a similar position at this level 4 years ago- took them from that to promotion to PL survival. Yes he got the old heave ho but I think he would have had a greater chance of keeping them up than the man who they chose to replace him with- Dowie. There would be worse choices out there for a club in our position, but I know he is not particularly popular on here...

Of course any talk of a replacement is all conjecture at this juncture.

pardew ticks every box IMO, experience, hunger(after being sacked) shows passion, remember that fight he had with Wenger? And a good track record with clubs the similar size to us. and he's not in the job, GET HIM!!!

I'm beginning to think Pardew as well.

Curbishley won't come now, O'Driscoll is a pipe dream, wrong time for Howe or Tisdale and Poyet's Brighton are on the up and could leap frog City this season.

Brown is too flamboyant for a relegation fight, too much baggage with Jewell.

The case has been well made elsewhere for a disciplinarian like Megson, but all in all Pardew strikes me as the sort of no nonsense, focussed and determined individual to really shake this squad up.

Gazza you think curbs would come here?? I think you are wrong tbh we are dreaming if you think he will come here.

I think he would, he has been out of work now for a while and realistically will not get a premier league job, so why not? Aside from our league position, the job is appealing as I think alot of managers would jump at the chance to work under our chairman.

Curbishley won't come now, O'Driscoll is a pipe dream, wrong time for Howe or Tisdale and Poyet's Brighton are on the up and could leap frog City this season.

The case has been well made elsewhere for a disciplinarian like Megson, but all in all Pardew strikes me as the sort of no nonsense, focussed and determined individual to really shake this squad up.

A very well reasoned post Nogbad. Post Gary, my first choice was always Sean O'D, but I agree that's now pie in the sky. We would have to look at someone currently out of management. The fact that Pardew is hurting after the Southampton debacle means that he is ready for a fight and could be ideal, should SL deem it necessary to make a change.

IF (note IF) KM and Wigley were to exit stage left and Pardew were appointed, any thoughts as to who he would bring with him on the managerial/coaching side? We would surely need a sea change in that area to give the appointment the necessary momentum.

A very well reasoned post Nogbad. Post Gary, my first choice was always Sean O'D, but I agree that's now pie in the sky. We would have to look at someone currently out of management. The fact that Pardew is hurting after the Southampton debacle means that he is ready for a fight and could be ideal, should SL deem it necessary to make a change.

IF (note IF) KM and Wigley were to exit stage left and Pardew were appointed, any thoughts as to who he would bring with him on the managerial/coaching side? We would surely need a sea change in that area to give the appointment the necessary momentum.

Not really silverfox, but his coaching assistant at his last job - Southampton - was Wally Downes, who left at the same time.

Although I've made the case for Megson myself and am not a particular fan of Pardew as a person, how much more confidence would we all have that we at least had a chance of avoiding the drop if he was in our dugout than its' present incumbent?

For me it would be Curbs, what he did at Charlton on a very small budget was excellent!!! I just hope the board do appoint a proven manager at this level, and dont go for a good lower league manager such as Howes, Tisdale etc etc.....we have had enough of unproven managers, if SL truly wants us to get to the prem he needs to bite the bullet and appoint a manager thats going to lead us there. IMO if we go down the unproven root again and it goes wrong we will not have enough time to recover and will definately be relagated, so lets get a proven man in and hopefully we can recover :fingerscrossed:

In my humble opinion...

Sousa would be a ****ing disaster, Mowbray has all the charisma of a dead fish, Megson has taken so many teams down it really isn't funny...

...Pardew for me.

As I tend to say on threads like these though, I wanted Coppell, so what do I know?

:dunno:

Oh my god we are in trouble if the likes of Bobby Gould and Phil Brown are being mentioned.

I like

Pardew but 2 mates who are Saints fans are over the moon he has gone and replaced by Adkins.

Apparently clueless in team selection and ridiculous substitutions.

Curbs or O'Driscoll.

Pardew couldn't save Southampton from relegation from the championship, what makes you think he could save us

He'd have had a job on to do that, he wasn't appointed until July 2009 and they were already down by then.

As for his clueless formations, substitutions, etc, they had a ten point deduction last year and still nearly made the playoffs (they would have done so without the points knocked off), plus they won the JPT, he won 34 out of his 64 league games there, so it can't have been too bad, could it?

The Saints fans I know were incredulous he was sacked, especially after a 4-0 away win..

Oh my god we are in trouble if the likes of Bobby Gould and Phil Brown are being mentioned.

I like

Pardew but 2 mates who are Saints fans are over the moon he has gone and replaced by Adkins.

Apparently clueless in team selection and ridiculous substitutions.

Curbs or O'Driscoll.

I have family who live in Southampton and go to the games on a regular basis and they said Pardew was excellent and all of the players had respect for him and didnt want him to leave! funny how opinions differ!

We are in a dreadful situation and I'm not so sure anyone can turn it around this season even if Millen does go. I am amazed though that so many folk are putting a shout for Mowbray. The reason WBA failed under him (admittedly in the prem) is the lack of defensive qualities.

It's all very well trying to play nice football but if the defense is leaking like a sieve where are the points coming from? Plus he didn't do very well north of the border in Mcfootie land either.

Brown got Hull up so he might be the answer, though I don't like him much.

Don't like Warnock either, but I'd have him down here without a shadow of a doubt if he was looking for work!!

Paul Jewell got Bradford and Wigan promoted. I hate curbishley he is utterly useless, they showed his notes and they said shit like "more passion" ...FFS

Phil Brown second

O'Driscoll third

O'Neil obviously is a possibility, he has a less impressive CV than Eriksson... for a an outside shout...Shearer, Stuart Pearce,

Strike that, is anyone watching Blackpool? Break the bank for Ollie because that is what I call a team. Organised, passionate, quality passing, all they're missing is a top striker. They are on less money and cost much less than us, yet they are mud table Prem and we are bottom of Champ. He is very family orientated, if we double his wages and brought him home.... Cue abuse...

:city:1/ o'neil(dream ticket)

:city: 2/curbishley(been there done that)

:city: 3/pardew(knows the league and the one above and below)

:city: 4/poyet(big risk but worth a shot)

:city: 5/o'driscoll(not a big club manager)

:city: 6/hoddle(wed play great football under him but been out the game to long)

:city: 7/mc'claren(if available)

:city: 8/moyes(if avalible would be number 1 choice)

:city: 9/warnock(missed out when johnson was sacked,hates him as a opposition manager love him as youre own).

..:city: 10/brown(youve been tangoed and no thank you,one job wonder).

:city: 11/paul jewell(nobody wants him so why should we).

:city: 9999/holloway( he is and always will be a gas c u next tuesday)

maybe SL is hanging on til Gordon Strachan becomes available.

On a serious note, the shortlist must be pretty darned short. People like O'Neill won't come to Bristol, Warnock is well settled, Moyes, O'Driscoll and McLaren ditto. We claim we need someone with managerial experience at this level - and then suggest names like Eddie Howe and Paul Tisdale. The shortlist can surely only come down to Glenn Hoddle (issues over his comments over disabled people), Curbs (hasn't managed for a country age) and Alan Pardew, Paul Jewell, Phil Brown and Tony Mowbray (realistic candidates).

I'd love to see Hoddle at City (purely for his coaching ability), but I guess the outstanding candidate is a toss up between Mowbray and Pardew.

Archived