IGNORED

Much Better Atmosphere

CotswoldRed

A much better effort all round from the fans last night.

The only downside (aside from some fragile defending at times) was the constant drone in the East End of that new song that a number of fans were singing endlessly.

I'm sure many fans will love it, but for me its monotone, uninspiring, and just sought to compete with every other song that was sung.

I appreciate if you invent a new chant you want to get it into the fans consciousness, but this one is pretty crap imo. The worst song i've heard in my 25 years watching at the Gate.

Happy for others to disagree. What do you lot think?

I don't want to try to remember the words or I won't get it out of my head all day.

For me the atmosphere last night was really good at the start in EE then they started that song and pretty much refused to join in anyother. I'm all for new song being started, hell i started the how sh!t must you be chant, but after a while you should just accept it not going to catch on as you said it was uninspiring

If it was you that started the how sh!t must you be chant then well done. The funniest thing we have sung for ages!!

We think of a few of those a game...... most of the time we just get weird looks! so we give up..... unlike those at the back ZZZZZzzzzzz

If it was you that started the how sh!t must you be chant then well done. The funniest thing we have sung for ages!!

It was made more great because of a couple of seasons back when Reading slaughtered us 4-1 when at the time they couldn't buy a win away from home. They were singing the same but with 'were winning away'.

Im sure they remembered that!

The only downside (aside from some fragile defending at times) was the constant drone in the East End of that new song that a number of fans were singing endlessly.

I'm sure many fans will love it, but for me its monotone, uninspiring, and just sought to compete with every other song that was sung.

I appreciate if you invent a new chant you want to get it into the fans consciousness, but this one is pretty crap imo. The worst song i've heard in my 25 years watching at the Gate.

Happy for others to disagree. What do you lot think?

I don't want to try to remember the words or I won't get it out of my head all day.

There were a number of funny chants last night, but the one that made me laugh was when the Reading fans started singing (at 0-0) "Going down, Going down, Going down" to which a group in the Williams started singing "So are we, so are we, so are we"

There were a number of funny chants last night, but the one that made me laugh was when the Reading fans started singing (at 0-0) "Going down, Going down, Going down" to which a group in the Williams started singing "So are we, so are we, so are we"

Also sung by the Reading fans to the tune of " We always believe" . " Sir Stevie Coppell, he knew you were shit"

The atmosphere last night was so good largely because City played some good stuff and from the Steads early shot against the bar really set the place alight. Its not rocket science to work out that when the team is putting on a great dispaly the fans react accordingly. Same applies when City are playing crap and get then booed off.

As for the EE 'drone', I can't say I noticed it from my seat in block B in the Dolman.

honestly that was one of the most annoying chants ive ever heard. who ever is singing it, please stop. it is a terrible song and is not going to catch on. ever.

point taken about the "how shit must you be" chant (the comment which you have now removed) - But we did'nt think anyone would join in!

haha dam you noticed i removed it.

well i didnt really like that how shit must you be song, however was only light hearted i guess

was just a bit off topic cos this thread is about the other chant, which is why i removed it

Fair Enough

The atmosphere was cracking last night. As always as long as us City fans can see the players giving 100% then we will back them and there is no doubt they all put in a full shift last night. More of the same required then onwards and upwards.

Thats as maybe but what if ........ Reading had scored twice in injury time, can you honestly say that there wouldnt have been a chorus of boos at the end, and that this forum would have a very different mood today?

Thats as maybe but what if ........ Reading had scored twice in injury time, can you honestly say that there wouldnt have been a chorus of boos at the end, and that this forum would have a very different mood today?

They didn't.

oh Bristol city, cider army

Our name is Bristol city we play at ashton gate

so come on all you city fans time to celebrate

I dont know the tune but its really dreary and makes you feel like having a nap!

Thats an ancient chant back from the 70,s does sound good if sung properly ,should be up tempo but didnt hear the EE version last night being in the Atyeo

Archived