IGNORED

Two Points Lost

old_eastender

You've done exactly the same to Millen in your post! How exactly was it poor? We stretched QPR in the first half constantly and looked a threat on the break on numerous occasions. Neil Warnock pretty much said a draw was a fair result & so did most of the fans there, and that reflects directly back onto our tactics. If that's not enough for you against top of the league then I think you need to lower your expectations.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. You obviously haven't read my posts, as i said we played better in the first half. Why should we have to settle for second best? QPR were no better than us two seasons ago. See the bigger picture, rather than one game at a time.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. You obviously haven't read my posts, as i said we played better in the first half. Why should we have to settle for second best? QPR were no better than us two seasons ago. See the bigger picture, rather than one game at a time.

In 1978 we beat Arsenal. Things change, you can't lay the difference in QPR and us over the past 2 seasons at Millen's door.

I don't think we were pinned back. We sat back and invited them into our half. We sat far too deep. It is possible to play the formation Millen adopted, but not that deep. All the soccer pundits on the Radio and on Sky agreed with this. It was obvious to see. We were on the back foot as soon as Cisse was employed. At least Warnock was Proactive. Millen is always reactive. When is he going to be proactive and let the other managers worry about us? The same thing happens regardless of who we play. If we score first, we never ever ride it out. We just invite trouble and enevitiably conceed.

Football can be made a simple game. If the ball is in the opponants half, they aren't going to score. In theory, we need to defend further upfield. Apart from the their dissallowed goal, how many offsides did they have...think about it. We sit far, far too deep.

This can also be attributed to a lack of confidence. We seem to react negatively even if we score first, let alone concede first. What baffled me was moving Stead back into the left-midfield role straight after he scored- He was leading the line superbly, and all of a sudden he's patrolling the left flank for 20 minutes?? Fair enough to put another man in midfield for 5 or 10 minutes, but Haynes could have done that while Stead could have continued running their defence ragged. Its almost like we dread going in front, rather than thriving on it and trying to get a couple more.

Stead was fabulous last night, how Sky managed to give the man of the match award to their right back is beyond me.

In 1978 we beat Arsenal. Things change, you can't lay the difference in QPR and us over the past 2 seasons at Millen's door.

I'm not blaming KM...But he has been working with the first team players as Coach for the last 6 years. Just because he is now 'manager' it doesn't mean he starts with a clean slate. If he doesn't know what motivates or what formations are best or what is the best position for each player by now, then he never will. SIX years he's been doing this job, albeit under a different name. Coach...manager...He's probably worked closer with all the players, than anyone down at the Gate.

People on here, know i don't think KM is the best person to be in charge at the City. So i'm not going to keep banging out the same old story...as it gets boring. But talking and having opinions and banter on here, is all good fun. IMHO, I think KM played the perfect game first half...it was just frustrating for me, to see all that hard work go to waste, because we didn't try to kill them off with a second Goal.

Draws are a waste of time at this moment in time. Yes every point is precious, but last night was definately 2 points dropped. It was there for the taking and we didn't. It doesn't matter that it was QPR...we could have won that game if we had stuck to our guns like in the first half. Maybe if we had scored a second, I would have employed Cisse like KM did. But hey...we all see it differently, which makes Football such a frustrating but enjoyable game to talk about.

Lets hope we can continue the confidence into the 'Boro game, and have the Balls, if the opportunity comes along, to not sit back and have the confidence in our own ability to win.

Archived