IGNORED

Marv Or Skuse?

Mclovin BS14

The average form in a poor side last season. I can't wait. At the moment on current form he has to be 3rd choice

Pete1975Legend mugging off Cole Skuse? I must be seeing things.

He was excellent in a largely poor side last season, and was awarded player of the year for his efforts, above 21 goal Nicky Maynard. This would suggest he was better than average. I saw him play a lot, he was better than average.

I think we're all agreed we need a creative mid in every game.

LJ is the best we have, Williams included. Given that our wingers are our best option at the moment, an LJ-type player is a good fit.

Let's hope that LJ is up to it because we don't have any good options without him.

It may be a coincidence, but Marv has played well since LJ's return. I wouldn't like to have to manage Marv and am not sure under what circumstances he should be dropped & Skuse brought back.

Cisse looks even more defensively-oriented than Marv and not sure how he fits into the current setup.

Probably none of them, Cisse best option IMO - Out of the two however Marv as he is stronger and more of a presence.

I think however like many others that we do need another creative midfielder. I would say G.Williams but i'm not sure if he's even doing that well at Yeo. An above poster said Shelvey. I heard we were in for him at one stage but couldn't get him here for some reason.

If Spurs have a midfielder of similar prowess to Caulker I'd have no problem with him coming here innocent06.gif

Pete1975Legend mugging off Cole Skuse? I must be seeing things.

He was excellent in a largely poor side last season, and was awarded player of the year for his efforts, above 21 goal Nicky Maynard. This would suggest he was better than average. I saw him play a lot, he was better than average.

got to agree with phil ,pete1975bellend spends his life slating cs and bigging up little lee btw this thread is a absolute joke

got to agree with phil ,pete1975bellend spends his life slating cs and bigging up little lee btw this thread is a absolute joke

First of all thanks for the name change. As you know I have never rated skuse and I don't believe some people give as much negativity to skuse than they did LJ. If skuse plays a ball sideways or back some see that as great if LJ did it it meant he got slated for it . I am just balancing that skuse ain't as good as people make out

First of all thanks for the name change. As you know I have never rated skuse and I don't believe some people give as much negativity to skuse than they did LJ. If skuse plays a ball sideways or back some see that as great if LJ did it it meant he got slated for it . I am just balancing that skuse ain't as good as people make out

well m8 in fairness ive nothing against lj and hope he gets a fair crack ,but youve made it personel mission to slate skuse every chance u get youe been at it for ages even last season you would start some thread about skuse this, skuse that bare facts are skuse has had a poor start to this season along with the other 10 players around him lj played two games one decen,t one so so i dont belive lj is a patch on skuse when hes found his form i think ljs performances will slowly get worse until all the numptys on here on are on his back again,but as i said iam happy for him to have a bit of run in the team without slating him unlike you do with cole

well m8 in fairness ive nothing against lj and hope he gets a fair crack ,but youve made it personel mission to slate skuse every chance u get youe been at it for ages even last season you would start some thread about skuse this, skuse that bare facts are skuse has had a poor start to this season along with the other 10 players around him lj played two games one decen,t one so so i dont belive lj is a patch on skuse when hes found his form i think ljs performances will slowly get worse until all the numptys on here on are on his back again,but as i said iam happy for him to have a bit of run in the team without slating him unlike you do with cole

Tbf Lee Johnson is supposed to be a creative midfielder, whereas Cole Skuse is traditionally a more defensive midfielder. I'd also say that last season, when I thought he was very good, he'd drive us forward a lot more than Johnson ever did. He'd also put in a hell of a lot more tackles, and played the holding role very well in my opinion. I agree he's been significantly worse this season, and right now I would definitely have Elliot in the team ahead of him. This would most certainly not have been the case last year, when Elliot was very poor.

Just wondering who you would play alongside little lee because it shows marv and skuse cannot play together because they are similar players. Personally i would play skuse because he will run all day like marv but can create better than marv so thats my reason, however the saying goes you should never change a winning team. Thoughts?

Definately Marv, can pop up from deep with the occassional screamer :whistle2:

Archived