IGNORED

Boro

Rob k

There fans were terrible yesterday and completely outsung by 300 city who made the trip, on a serious note I hope to god when we get our new ground we can still make it a little bit hostile for the away teams. Every new ground I've been to bar possibly Swansea the atmosphere has been rubbish.

I was their too, and thought exactly the same. I call it the '1000 yard stare'. People sat in their bigger plastic seats, in a sterile, atmosphere. Staring into space, with a glazed look on their face.

I'm sure Clubs have found a way of dumbing down the fans, to make them less hostile and easier to control. It has, crossed my mind.

People say, it's the fans that make the atmosphere, and not the ground. Well...these modern type of grounds, drain any enthusiasm, you have, out of your system.

It seems if a Ground is not too comfortable, then it generates a better atmosphere. Just an observation...

Comfortably Numb...has an all too different meaning now. Looking forward to AV...not. :rolleyes:

I was their too, and thought exactly the same. I call it the '1000 yard stare'. People sat in their bigger plastic seats, in a sterile, atmosphere. Staring into space, with a glazed look on their face.

I'm sure Clubs have found a way of dumbing down the fans, to make them less hostile and easier to control. It has, crossed my mind.

People say, it's the fans that make the atmosphere, and not the ground. Well...these modern type of grounds, drain any enthusiasm, you have, out of your system.

It seems if a Ground is not too comfortable, then it generates a better atmosphere. Just an observation...

Comfortably Numb...has an all too different meaning now. Looking forward to AV...not. :rolleyes:

I think you are being overly critical to the Boro fans, as you do not know what thier state of mind was coming into the game.

How do you know one of thier whippets had'nt just died? Eh?

:violin:

Can I suggest you temper your future posts, because you don't always know who you are upsetting.......

Their fans who did try to make a noise were actually sent letters by the club asking them not to, as people were complaining!

Compare that to City, who actually engage with fans group. Forget this myth about the design of the ground being key, just look for youtube videos of Greek fans. They don't seem to have a problem is roofless bowls.

Their fans who did try to make a noise were actually sent letters by the club asking them not to, as people were complaining!

Compare that to City, who actually engage with fans group. Forget this myth about the design of the ground being key, just look for youtube videos of Greek fans. They don't seem to have a problem is roofless bowls.

Oi! Please excuse me - a bit of hush please.

Can we please have a minutes silence for the Boro whippet?

:pray:

FFS...Have you ever been to a Greek game? The Atmosphere comes about because, there is no H&S, you can take in anything you like, and your crammed in like Sardines. Stupid bloody comment. You can't compare other countries with here.

I was sat with a Boro friend, in amongst the Boro fans. It was dead, apart from the City faithful singing. They did the Club proud.

Boro have punched above their weight for years due to a wealthy benefactor who now seems to have run out of ideas. It seems the fans have not taken very well to the fact that they aren't as big as they thought they were. I love to see them go down.

Boro have punched above their weight for years due to a wealthy benefactor who now seems to have run out of ideas. It seems the fans have not taken very well to the fact that they aren't as big as they thought they were. I love to see them go down.

Relegation, AND the death of a much-loved pet.

You must REALLY hate Boro .......

Why so much hatred, friend?

You single handedly are brigging this whole forum down to your dullness level.

I'm sure if a family member had just died they wouldn't be at the game.

That's it CIDER ARMY 12 - rearrange these words:-

FACE / PLAYTIME / IN / SMASH / YOUR.

Stop breaking my balls, will you?

:bruce_h4h:

FFS...Have you ever been to a Greek game? The Atmosphere comes about because, there is no H&S, you can take in anything you like, and your crammed in like Sardines. Stupid bloody comment. You can't compare other countries with here.

The atmosphere comes about because you can take in what you what??? Priceless.

Atmosphere comes from fans singing, not exactly a tough concept for even luddites like you to realise.

Infact "all the noise came from the 300............" check mate.

The atmosphere comes about because you can take in what you what??? Priceless.

Atmosphere comes from fans singing, not exactly a tough concept for even luddites like you to realise.

Infact "all the noise came from the 300............" check mate.

Luddites read pragmatists.

Boro thoroughly raucous noisy support now reduced to a slumber and on my one not to be repeated visit they were the same then as well.

Examine the reasons to what has been happening to support here in this country and learn instead of chucking in the righteous "oh a country with different laws for football does this and that" and "fans make an atmosphere duh".

Comparing the UK to Greece :rofl2br:

It is highly possible, very possible, it is almost nailed on Ashton Vale is going to have as dull and sanistised an atmosphere as the Riverside. The club could propose slashing the prices to get a regular ninteen thousand in.

Luddites read pragmatists.

Boro thoroughly raucous noisy support now reduced to a slumber and on my one not to be repeated visit they were the same then as well.

Examine the reasons to what has been happening to support here in this country and learn instead of chucking in the righteous "oh a country with different laws for football does this and that" and "fans make an atmosphere duh".

Comparing the UK to Greece :rofl2br:

It is highly possible, very possible, it is almost nailed on Ashton Vale is going to have as dull and sanistised an atmosphere. The club could at the very least propose serioulsy cut the prices to get a regular ninteen thousand in.

I'm glad you said that...I wasn't going to be so nice. So i bit my tongue.

You only have to travel throughout Europe to see the different atmosphere at grounds. Brought about by, no H&S of sorts. Massive Ultras influence. Lots of Alcholhol, and in many grounds Drugs. Many 'fans' wouldn't even get into a ground in the UK, because of checks on the turnstyle.

Society and fans in this country have been successfully dumbed down, to except a sanitised 'safe' environment.

A few on here need to get out of Bristol, and stop fannying about, and experience some real atmosphere.

To call yesterday...Atmosphere, is laughable. Really sad...

I'm glad you said that...I wasn't going to be so nice. So i bit my tongue.

You only have to travel throughout Europe to see the different atmosphere at grounds. Brought about by, no H&S of sorts. Massive Ultras influence. Lots of Alcholhol, and in many grounds Drugs. Many 'fans' wouldn't even get into a ground in the UK, because of checks on the turnstyle.

Society and fans in this country have been successfully dumbed down, to except a sanitised 'safe' environment.

A few on here need to get out of Bristol, and stop fannying about, and experience some real atmosphere.

To call yesterday...Atmosphere, is laughable. Really sad...

The comparison should always be this Country.

Boro, Coventry, Derby, Leicester in years gone by home supports :chant6ez:

Boro, Coventry, Derby, Leicester now in new stadiums :fastasleep:

Bristol City have less fans than any of these clubs did before their moves. The potential of Ashton Vale could be one where Bristol City become as lauded as Coventry is now for its atmosphere.

The comparison should always be this Country.

Boro, Coventry, Derby, Leicester in years gone by home supports :chant6ez:

Boro, Coventry, Derby, Leicester now in new stadiums :fastasleep:

Bristol City have less fans than any of these clubs did before their moves. The potential of Ashton Vale could be one where Bristol City become as lauded as Coventry is now for its atmosphere.

I dont believe it has anything to do with new stadiums at all, the atmosphere inside stadiums has died since we've had all seater stadiums introduced combined with reserved seating. That's why I believe unreserved seating in the new stadium behind both goals is essential to creating a good atmosphere.

I dont believe it has anything to do with new stadiums at all, the atmosphere inside stadiums has died since we've had all seater stadiums introduced combined with reserved seating. That's why I believe unreserved seating in the new stadium behind both goals is essential to creating a good atmosphere.

EXACTLY!

When we had unrestricted standing, all the singers could choose to congregate together with like minded people and that would create the atmosphere. The nearest we have to that now is the EE.

The other important factor was in the old days, you could just meet up with your mates in a pub, have a few jars, then queue at the turnstiles and all stand together in the ground, in the same place week after week. Now you're sat by some person who randomly bought a ticket that happens to be next to you.

A massive loss to us fans imo.

Fans in Europe and over the rest of the world are on a completly different level to English fans. Its embarassing to watch that video of the greek cup final and then watch a video of the FA cup final at wembley. For example why is it that the UK is one of the only places to have banned flares ? Ok people will argue they will be used as missiles blah blah but that is the mentaility we have been brain washed with in this country..

H&S and stupid politicians that havnt got a clue about football have ruined the atmosphere at grounds over here, the whole ''making grounds safe for familys'' is the type of bollox that makes grounds what they are like. I dont want to bring up the whole Hillsborough topic but that day really and truly changed football in the UK for the worse.

Fair comment!

Fans in Europe and over the rest of the world are on a completly different level to English fans. Its embarassing to watch that video of the greek cup final and then watch a video of the FA cup final at wembley. For example why is it that the UK is one of the only places to have banned flares ? Ok people will argue they will be used as missiles blah blah but that is the mentaility we have been brain washed with in this country..

H&S and stupid politicians that havnt got a clue about football have ruined the atmosphere at grounds over here, the whole ''making grounds safe for familys'' is the type of bollox that makes grounds what they are like. I dont want to bring up the whole Hillsborough topic but that day really and truly changed football in the UK for the worse.

In part true.

At Boro fans can still stand and it is still poor. They have a section of fans called Red Faction doing their best but they can't defeat what has been built.

Build a dull ground which sounds crap inside like Boro, Coventry, Derby and Leicester and the vocal support nosedives. Hardy a suprise if you take time to think it through.

Club after club has seen their vocal support crash in new stadiums and to say it has nothing to do with the stadiiums is naive.

My mother used to live in Middlesbrough. Its the ar8e end of a place called hell. A truly awful place.

Relegation? Bring it on.

Relegation is one thing. The sexual abuse and mistreatment of whippets is another ALTOGETHER.

I seem to be a lone voice in the defence of these loveable svelt doggies.

Thet say you can judge people by how they treat thier animals - this thread is showing people from Bristol in a very dubious light.

I wish to distance myself from all comments lauding animal abuse on this forum - you all know what those animal rights people are like ......

:shocking:

Today whippets ..... what tomorrow? Chimpanzees?

Health and safety to blame? Someone phone the Daily Mail, that's 1 headline sorted for next week.

There's 3 main reaons for me, and by no coincidence 3 major differences between the UK and abroad:

1) Standing

2) Fan Culture

3) Social Demographic.

You put 4k like minded fans together and they will create a decent amount of noise no matter the stadium. City and England away games.

My mother used to live in Middlesbrough. Its the ar8e end of a place called hell. A truly awful place.

Relegation? Bring it on.

I live just outside middlesbrough mate and i think your being a bit harsh on middlesbrough.

you get bad areas everyway, live in a city mate thats waht happens.

Still it was fantastic yesterday, i was there and look forward to 3pts against preston.

Howay the lads !!!!!!!!!!

Health and safety to blame? Someone phone the Daily Mail, that's 1 headline sorted for next week.

There's 3 main reaons for me, and by no coincidence 3 major differences between the UK and abroad:

1) Standing

2) Fan Culture

3) Social Demographic.

You put 4k like minded fans together and they will create a decent amount of noise no matter the stadium. City and England away games.

You are forgetting the UK has laws and regulations which are targetted only at football fans which is responsible for 1-2-3, that is a massive difference rendering any comparison meaningless between the UK and European countries.

Back to the UK.

Design can affect 1 to a degree but certainly 2 & 3.

Build a dull stadium which has a poor sound within and it will desensitize fans as it is x times harder to create an intense tight atmosphere.

Place fans in a dull stadium which they dislike complete with a poor sound within and is also far too big for their clubs attendances they would have to be a remarkable set of fans not to become less reactive.

The atmosphere was everything you would expect from a bowl stadium several yards from the pitch - shite.

You could have heard a pin drop other than their goal.

There were about 200 of their lads doing their best high up in one corner, but in a half empty bowl they had no chance.

Youre right, the bowls are not conducive to a good atmosphere, and thats exactly what the makers of these stadiums want.

1) Standing

2) Fan Culture

3) Social Demographic.

Bang on, if for example you had the fans of Royal Antwerp who played their home games in an exact replica of the Ricoh stadium the noise would still be superb, the working class British football culture died a long time ago and has been replaced with middle class family supporters in the main. This has still not happened on the continent, it's still a working mans game and the price of tickets prove this.

No matter how the "old school" think they can return the good old days to British grounds by keeping existing stadium or building bowls, or building huge home ends behind the goal, it wont make much of a difference. The game has moved on, new supporters are here and the old football terrace culture where men were men has gone, sad days for some, others would see it differently. Personally I loved standing on the terraces and my enjoyment of matches has decreased because of them no longer being around.

The best I believe we can hope for is unreserved seating in the new stadium should it be built, that way those wishing to sing and make a noise will still congregate behind each of the goals and those with families will head for the sides of the ground along with the old timers where they can enjoy a cup of Bovril in peace.

Archived