IGNORED

Fa Cup Run

Kingswood Robin

If we can carry on improving (lets hope), we could well end up in a mid table position which while safe, could make for a bit of a dull season. I really hope we put some effort into putting an FA cup run together in the new year. These games can be really exciting with a great atmosphere and can be a welcome distraction from the league, not forgetting additional revenue. It seems like ages since we had a decent run (don't know why we even bother entering the league cup). Even the gas made the FA Qtr finals a few years back. It's time we get ourselves on Match of the Day again!

If we can carry on improving (lets hope), we could well end up in a mid table position which while safe, could make for a bit of a dull season. I really hope we put some effort into putting an FA cup run together in the new year. These games can be really exciting with a great atmosphere and can be a welcome distraction from the league, not forgetting additional revenue. It seems like ages since we had a decent run (don't know why we even bother entering the league cup). Even the gas made the FA Qtr finals a few years back. It's time we get ourselves on Match of the Day again!

Yes a cup run would be nice and its crossed my mind as well!

With the exception of the League cup in 71 and 89 we really haven't done that much...Although Leeds in 74 Chelsea at home in 1990 and Liverpool in 92 will be remembered by many of us...18 years since anything really glorious happend is a long time!

Yes a cup run would be nice and its crossed my mind as well!

With the exception of the League cup in 71 and 89 we really haven't done that much...Although Leeds in 74 Chelsea at home in 1990 and Liverpool in 92 will be remembered by many of us...18 years since anything really glorious happend is a long time!

Not that well remembered. Wasn't it in 1994? :) Well, we're definitely due a run in any case.

Well hopefully come January we'll be in the boring realm that is mid-table and a cup run would be just what we'd need to make the season more exciting. However if we're still struggling the league will obviously be our priority, not that we won't try and win the cup games. A cup-run would be nice I must admit, to just win a third round game would please!

The club is clearly anticipating a good cup run, from the article about Lewin going to Posh:

Lewin, 22, will not be allowed to play in the FA Cup.

A 2-0 home loss to Huddersfield in round 3 then? tumbleweed.gif

I hope for a good cup run every year, we've done round 5 twice since 2000 - I was just too young to whitness the Liverpool win but we got to round 5 that year didnt we?

I'd love to go further but can't see it, yet. Some teams are good "big match" teams, (Burnley under Coyle) The cardiff game showed we'd need to improve ... we have the capabilities but must kick on from the start we had

what would the two spurs boys be tied to in the cup?

Also we're due to play Middlesbrough, Everton or Leicester surely this year

I was just too young to whitness the Liverpool win but we got to round 5 that year didnt we?

I tend to call Scott Minto something unsavoury when he's reporting on Sky Sports News.

Agree, we are well overdue a good cup run.

My wife's team, Stoke City, used to have the worst record in the cups in recent decades by clubs of our size and bigger.

Now I think that record must go to us, we have been diabolical in the last 15 years and not much better the 15 before that.

Another 10th place finish and a good cup run would do nicely after what we've been through lately.

Brought this topic back. It has extra meaning due to today's figures. I can't stand any of the cups, but there's no denying that a long cup run and a few premium ties would go down nicely now.

No doubt we'll lose in round three to someone like Brentford or Chesterfield.

Archived