IGNORED

Our Superfan Justin Lee Collins.

bringbacktherobin

So, he works out he could milk a bit of publicity when we thought we were going to the prem, doing his stupid interview on the side of the pitch, saying how amazing we were and all that crap.

Where has he been since, where is his support for the new stadium?

Amazing what people will do for publicity.

I think you might be being a tad harsh there mate. He probably doesn't get as many interviewers asking him about City as he did when we were in the play-off final. In this article from earlier in the year, he does state that he hasn't been to a game since the play-off final, but he does have a young kid (too young to take to games) and like most of us I'm sure he has to prioritise work. I expect he's more likely to be working when City play than those of us in 9-5 jobs.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jan/10/justin-lee-collins-sport

He doesn't claim in this that he is a superfan. In fact, he mentions that he isn't a diehard. It would be nice if he could come out and support the stadium though. Maybe he wants us to stay at Ashton Gate, like others on here!

So, he works out he could milk a bit of publicity when we thought we were going to the prem, doing his stupid interview on the side of the pitch, saying how amazing we were and all that crap.

The bloke strikes me as a complete knob. I see him walking around Clifton regularly, lapping up the attention he gets as a so-called 'celebrity'. I do not believe he is a City fan and if he is, he's an extremely fair-weather one.

While we are on the subject, I haven't heard Tony Robinson's views on the stadium issue either, and he truly is a City fan.

Hmm... tongue.gif

Walked into that one, didn't I!! TBH I usually read the website to get some local news, stadium updates etc. But every single page of their website is accompanied by an ad pop-up, standard BEP really. Despite adding 'a hit' to their website, i like to think i'm contributing no more financially to that shower.

What does make me laugh are the comments on each story - there are some real characters on there.

What a pathetic thread, slating a fellow fan by the OP, has anyone from the club contacted him about support for the stadium

I know going back 5/6 years ago he was a semi-regular but has never been a week in week out fan by his own admission,

I recall a cup game when we were in league one against Coventry and he was ripping the hell out of John gaunt who seemed to think he was a superstar, classic stuff.

Unfortunately though for some if you don't make 3000 posts on a forum, see 35 games a season, sit in the east end and buy home & away shirt for you and your 7 kids every season your not a real Fan........tosser

What about Jenson Button? doesn't he support us? Has he come out about the stadium?

And I once saw JLC in Clifton with his shopping bag, huge glassess whistling away, or maybe it was just another hairy guy.

As a kid I believe he watched us semi-regularly but he is an Arsenal fan now.

Whats John Cleese doing! He could play a bumbling council member in a sketch surely...

Good times. Fair shout to him we all need to make a living. I didn't realize he had to mention City everytime he was on telly, also what you find when a club is doing well news station and papers seek out the clubs famous fans not the other way round.

Yes, let's turn on our own!

Now Little Lee and Macca have shut their critics up ... people have to moan about something at the Club.

Sad muppets.

Lee has always been a good player. Jamie is just going through bad patch.

All i mean though, before we were going up we didnt hear a sqeak about him or city. Since we lost, we have heard a sqeak.

At least "famous fans" like Tony Robinson and Cleese do it in a sensible manner. Then again, i guess its maybe his way of coming across, bit like marmite.

Just because he doesn't/can't make it to the Gate every other Saturday why do people have to slate him! There's 1000's of City fans like him who don't attend most home games for whatever reasons, not every supporter can be a die-hard! Are some of you really stating that every "celebrity" city fan must be shouting from the rooftops to the local and national press about the new stadium problems and if they don't then they can't be classed as city supporters at all?

Just because he doesn't/can't make it to the Gate every other Saturday why do people have to slate him! There's 1000's of City fans like him who don't attend most home games for whatever reasons, not every supporter can be a die-hard! Are some of you really stating that every "celebrity" city fan must be shouting from the rooftops to the local and national press about the new stadium problems and if they don't then they can't be classed as city supporters at all?

As SL said. We need more people down at AG. I would hazard a guess that every person who lives locally who hasn't been to a game since the playoff final is simply apathetic.

Is not whether you are die-hard or not. Its whether you care about the club or not. I would suggest caring includes making the effort every once in a while, even if its one game a season.

The only time I have seen JLC in the flesh was after the playoff defeat at Paddington station. For getting on an hour people continuously kept asking him for autographs and pictures, each of them seeming to think they were the first, and JLC did not turn any of them down.

I actually felt quite embarrassed at it all, that people got so excited about a celebrity and could not leave the poor bloke alone. I know it's a small price to pay for him, but I think he's a top man after seeing that

Yep, I saw him there too and he was a top guy.

What a pathetic thread, slating a fellow fan by the OP, has anyone from the club contacted him about support for the stadium

I know going back 5/6 years ago he was a semi-regular but has never been a week in week out fan by his own admission,

I recall a cup game when we were in league one against Coventry and he was ripping the hell out of John gaunt who seemed to think he was a superstar, classic stuff.

Unfortunately though for some if you don't make 3000 posts on a forum, see 35 games a season, sit in the east end and buy home & away shirt for you and your 7 kids every season your not a real Fan........tosser

Thank God there's people like you on here talking some sense. Great post. Has anyone thought about the fact that JLC might not have commented on the new stadium because he doesn't believe in the professed 'self importance' some of you lot on here perceive him to have.

:mf_sleep:

Great he's a city fan BUT tbh the guy has prostituted our accsent to get laughs from the middle classes.

I'm just glad he has not got so desperate as to wear a farmers smock,chewing a piece of grass and singing "I am cider drinker" on tv.

But then i may be speaking to soon because with his lack of talent i wouldn't put it passed him.

Archived