IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

_Bristol-City_

I love the amount of people talking with hindsight on this thread.

Prior to yesterday there was no doubt that he started the season injured and played through the pain when therre was no other options.

Before yesterdays game millen had the choice between Hunt and Ribereio......BOTH of whom have had recent fitness issues.

He's got young players in Fontaine and Caulker in defence with older full backs providing vital expeeience to both defenders.

His options are between the two defenders ....do you choose another young player and risk having a back 4 with Fontaine, caulker and riberio?

Or do you go for the old head with a point too prove who can help the younger players if needed?

Everyone ask yourself those questions.......and be honest

PERSONALLY. I would have picked hunt, if I had more expeinece in central I'd be tempted with riberio but against a team like Leeds, you need experience at the back.

Hunt came on and was ripped apart, and personally his name would now be on the transfer list tomorrow.

The important thing is no one expected Hunt to play sooo bad, but as long a the manager learns from this then it's no problem.

Either way. If Carey is not fit for Saturday, regardless of fitness I would not start Hunt OR Riberio.

We can't play a back 4 of McAllister, Caulker, Fontaine and Riberio, we will get ripped apart, personally I'd play Skuse or look to loan market.

At right back....we have a problem

PERSONALLY. I would have picked hunt, if I had more expeinece in central I'd be tempted with riberio but against a team like Leeds, you need experience at the back.

Hunt came on and was ripped apart, and personally his name would now be on the transfer list tomorrow.

The important thing is no one expected Hunt to play sooo bad, but as long a the manager learns from this then it's no problem.

Either way. If Carey is not fit for Saturday, regardless of fitness I would not start Hunt OR Riberio.

We can't play a back 4 of McAllister, Caulker, Fontaine and Riberio, we will get ripped apart, personally I'd play Skuse or look to loan market.

Skuse may well be asked to cover for Carey. However if that is trhe case I cannot see any realistic circmstances where Ribs would be used by City. Unless of course we have 3 or 4 other defenders out simultaneously.

You're in good company though, if you remenber GJ held the same view as you when faced with a similar decsion in the past , Leicester at home if my memory is correct. Anyway, these are all just opinions and good debate, but if the RB postion is filled by a midfielder Ribs may as well take the hint.

Prior to yesterday there was no doubt that he started the season injured and played through the pain when therre was no other options.

Before yesterdays game millen had the choice between Hunt and Ribereio......BOTH of whom have had recent fitness issues.

He's got young players in Fontaine and Caulker in defence with older full backs providing vital expeeience to both defenders.

His options are between the two defenders ....do you choose another young player and risk having a back 4 with Fontaine, caulker and riberio?

Or do you go for the old head with a point too prove who can help the younger players if needed?

Plenty of fans never wanted to see Hunt in a City shirt anytime soon.

You can excuse players for lacking ability, you can excuse them for looking out of sorts in a different position, what is inexcusable is lack of effort.

If he's not fit then surely with all his experience, he can still find himself in position, and running himself into the ground before being hauled off knackered, it's called professional pride, unfortunately he looks like he's enjoying being paid a fortune for doing nothing.

From day 1 he has never shown any desire in his play, even yesterday when he had it all to prove, after he got skinned he jogged back. He's crap, and is heading out of league football after his 2 years here is up.

Reasoned debate and criticism is one thing but some of the comments on this thread are truly appalling. Comments like eff of out of our club and the like - hysterical over-reaction reflecting well on nobody.

Everyone can see the goals for themselves and make their own minds up, as worrying for me was the astonishingly awful distribution. I'd like to know what Bradley Orr's critics have to say about that.

Hunt is one of those journey men players that will probably collar half a million per year out of Bristol City in return for naff all in terms of playing minutes but the fault for that lies only with the persons responsible for his signing.

However I would hope that if and when Hunt is out on the pitch again he receives 100% backing. Encouragement and positivity is the only way, barracking will not help him and therefore will not help Bristol City.

Agree Nick, but the fella has had a shocking start , wish the guy all the best , but he does look pants

Skuse may well be asked to cover for Carey. However if that is trhe case I cannot see any realistic circmstances where Ribs would be used by City. Unless of course we have 3 or 4 other defenders out simultaneously.

You're in good company though, if you remenber GJ held the same view as you when faced with a similar decsion in the past , Leicester at home if my memory is correct. Anyway, these are all just opinions and good debate, but if the RB postion is filled by a midfielder Ribs may as well take the hint.

Don't get me wrong, it think Riberio is probably the best right back we have, but you can't have 3 youngsters in the back 4 and it would be VERY brave of Millen to do that.

If carey is at centre haf, then we can bring rib in at right back no doubt, but that means taking out fonts or caulker........which on form i wouldn't drop

Reasoned debate and criticism is one thing but some of the comments on this thread are truly appalling. Comments like eff of out of our club and the like - hysterical over-reaction reflecting well on nobody.

Everyone can see the goals for themselves and make their own minds up, as worrying for me was the astonishingly awful distribution. I'd like to know what Bradley Orr's critics have to say about that.

Hunt is one of those journey men players that will probably collar half a million per year out of Bristol City in return for naff all in terms of playing minutes but the fault for that lies only with the persons responsible for his signing.

However I would hope that if and when Hunt is out on the pitch again he receives 100% backing. Encouragement and positivity is the only way, barracking will not help him and therefore will not help Bristol City.

I hope your wrong about Hunt EVER playing for City. he is the WORST player I have seen, and that includes Dinning and Hutchings. He wont get much backing if he plays as badly as Ive seen him play so far. Hes shockingly bad.

I think you're being a little harsh on Fonts there.... you're talking about a player who's two months shy of his 25th birthday and has 190 first team starts and a further 25 as a sub, including 156 & 23 for City. I think to brandish him an inexperienced youngster is a little wide of the mark. He plays with a level of maturity that is far beyond that of a mere kid and is in great form at the moment. And whilst i appreciate that Ribs is inexperienced, you have there a kid with an old head on young shoulders. He's a very calm, considered and level headed young guy and that makes up for a large part of his disadvantage with his age. And then you have Nick Hunt..... to be fair, Gerken would be a better bloody option than that tool. As someone else said, there was no effort to close down on any of the three goals, and the highlights show a lack of effort in general, and an apparent inability to pick out a pass to a player 10 yards away. How the guy is a professional footballer is completely beyond me.

With DJ behind them giving them guidance, I wouldn't hesitate to have Ribs, Fonts and Caulker in the same defence to be honest.

I'd have had Ribiero over Hunt without any shadow of a doubt. He's been nothing short of useless all season and appears a liability, Ribs may be young but I'd be a lot more confident with him out there. Fontaine can hardly be considered a youngster anymore either, he's been with us for several years and is now 24.

Agree regarding his age that he's not a youngster, but still relatively speaking he is inexperienced, what I mean is that with fonts, I always feel he is a lot better when alongside a old head, such as carey. Much the same as Louis used to be better when alongside millen or Taylor.

Fontaine is getting bettter is this department and helps caulker along well, but if he's trying to boss both ribs and caulker along, it's a bit too much?

Diabolical. I see better players at 5aside every bloody week. How he got so many games in the PL is an absolute ******* mystery.

Oi!

Give the bloke a chance!

He may be responsible for all three Leeds goals, and caused us to slide back into our rightfull relegation berth, but have you actually thought this through?

At least if he is in the squad, he is less likely to be training for his coaching badges - and almost certain appointment as our next manager....... when the board are next desperate to make a rash appointment.......

It's the lesser of two evils, as I see it?

:liar:

A disgrace, how do you get rid of someone this bad. I would drag a supporter out of the stands and play him in front of Hunt. How on earth is it possible to be that crap after playing a 100 games in the top flight.

He's slow, has crap positional sense, can't tackle, can't head a ball, and just crap. Please Keef, give him a job cleaning boots for the next year and a half, just don't let him anywhere near the first team boots, he would still manage to f..k that up.

Have to agree.

I was really hoping he would prove us all wrong. 100 games in the prem, still young , English. then you have to think to yourself why would they let him go on a free ?? I really think that something has changed in his life ! may be family problems, beer, women, illness ? something like that me thinks !

The guy is just not with it, real shame. It all looked good on paper

Have to agree.

I was really hoping he would prove us all wrong. 100 games in the prem, still young , English. then you have to think to yourself why would they let him go on a free ?? I really think that something has changed in his life ! may be family problems, beer, women, illness ? something like that me thinks !

The guy is just not with it, real shame. It all looked good on paper

You calous bastard - he could be reading this!

Shit right-backs have feelings too you know?

:disapointed2se:

Agree regarding his age that he's not a youngster, but still relatively speaking he is inexperienced, what I mean is that with fonts, I always feel he is a lot better when alongside a old head, such as carey. Much the same as Louis used to be better when alongside millen or Taylor.

Fontaine is getting bettter is this department and helps caulker along well, but if he's trying to boss both ribs and caulker along, it's a bit too much?

Agree that Fontaine always played better alongside Carey than say Nyatanga but he has looked fine with Caulker and both have been very good of late, so adding Ribs shouldn't affect him too much. Obviously having Carey's experience will help but it's clearly better to have inexperience in Ribs than what can only be described as a liability in Hunt.

Just seen the highlights and this is what i make of the whole Hunt situation.

Obviously hasn't got the most confidence at the moment and that's showing. BUT he had a hand in our goal and almost set pitman up for one. I think its harsh that people say he was at fault for all three goals. first one he was beaten in the air. Becchio is good in the air that's gunna happen. Second goal could have done better blocking sam's shot but no shocking mistake there, and the third could have done better stopping the cross but the real fault was the lack of marking of becchio in the middle.

This is another case of people jumping on the bandwagon and i just hope for his sake that nicky hunt hasn't discovered otib in his time at city cos reading this isn't going to do his confidence any good.

Now please lets get behind him as im convinced he will come good in the end!

Oh and for all the IDIOTS (and you are idiots, so dont give me any of this personal attack bollocks) who say he is the worst player to play for city, this is clearly un true and a massive over-reaction to a poor performance.

SERIOUSLY GET A GRIP FOR PUCK SAKE!

Obviously hasn't got the most confidence at the moment and that's showing. BUT he had a hand in our goal and almost set pitman up for one. I think its harsh that people say he was at fault for all three goals. first one he was beaten in the air. Becchio is good in the air that's gunna happen. Second goal could have done better blocking sam's shot but no shocking mistake there, and the third could have done better stopping the cross but the real fault was the lack of marking of becchio in the middle.

This is another case of people jumping on the bandwagon and i just hope for his sake that nicky hunt hasn't discovered otib in his time at city cos reading this isn't going to do his confidence any good.

Oh and for all the IDIOTS (and you are idiots, so dont give me any of this personal attack bollocks) who say he is the worst player to play for city, this is clearly un true and a massive over-reaction to a poor performance.

Completely disagree.

I don't remember a more calamitous signing for City or a worse player in a Red shirt than Nicky Hunt.

And if someone mentions Brian Mitchell I doubt he was on a tenth of Hunt's wages.

Still, if you really see something worthwhile in Hunt then you obviously refuse to believe the evidence of your own eyes so there's little hope you'll accept the evidence of mine.

You obviously weren't there which means you wouldn't have seen a variety of Leeds players run past him several times. He doesn't even jump for the first goal and that cannot be described as marking, the second goal he is hardly 'defending' and he is once again skipped past with ease for the third goal before doing his shoelaces up as soon as Becchio found the net for the third time in less than 20 minutes. It's nothing to do with jumping on the bandwagon, don't make such ridiculous assumptions when you haven't even seen the game. He was diabolical and has been useless in almost every game he's played this season, the only time I can remember him being better than that is at Doncaster where he was hardly worked at all.

You obviously weren't there which means you wouldn't have seen a variety of Leeds players run past him several times. He doesn't even jump for the first goal and that cannot be described as marking, the second goal he is hardly 'defending' and he is once again skipped past with ease for the third goal before doing his shoelaces up as soon as Becchio found the net for the third time in less than 20 minutes. It's nothing to do with jumping on the bandwagon, don't make such ridiculous assumptions when you haven't even seen the game. He was diabolical and has been useless in almost every game he's played this season, the only time I can remember him being better than that is at Doncaster where he was hardly worked at all.

fair point that i wasn't even there, and i suppose on those grounds you have a lot more authority than me to comment.

But what i will stand by is that from what i have seen on the extended highlights I don't think the goals were all majorly his fault and believe that when he discovers some form and confidence he'll turn out alright. And finally he's certainly not as bad as baz savage!

when he discovers some form and confidence he'll turn out alright

When is that going to happen? The guy clearly has no appetite for the game of football, based on what we've seen of him so far.

This reminds me of the Styvar debates, where plenty of people on here were saying that he needed time etc, and look what happened to him. If a player isn't good enough then they'll never discover form and confidence, because they simply haven't got what it takes to improve.

fair point that i wasn't even there, and i suppose on those grounds you have a lot more authority than me to comment.

But what i will stand by is that from what i have seen on the extended highlights I don't think the goals were all majorly his fault and believe that when he discovers some form and confidence he'll turn out alright. And finally he's certainly not as bad as baz savage!

I'm amzed you believe this as I've seen no evidence to suggets this. Can I ask what you've seen in him that makes you think this? I also disgree that the goals weren't his fault, he loses his man for the first and is skipped past far too easily in the build up to the third, not too mention his part in what was an all-round sloppy second.

Archived