IGNORED

Nicky Hunt

_Bristol-City_

Cringed when I heard Hunt coming on, have seen nothing good from him, he looks slow and easily beaten which people put down to lack of fitness but and at times I found he just looked lost.

Amazed he got another chance today, don't imagine he will get another anytime soon.

I wasn't there either bigfatdave but the radio commentary pair didn't have one complimentary word for Hunt today, they put the blame at his door for 2 if not 3 of the goals, and almost gave away a penalty too. i usually find the radio under eggs the comments, so to be so hard he really must have been absolutely diabolical.

i just think he was signed by SC and didn't expect or want to play under anyone else. The playes know that the squad has to be trimmed and should be playing for their place.Hunt has made his feelings known. And I think the fans will too if he appears again in the shirt he has no respect for.

You must have a ******G lear jet then Dave cus Ive been delayed by heavy traffic...

I would say that 99% of the posters who have posted on this subject were not at Leeds today.

Hunt wasnt infact that bad in my opinion and certainly cannot shoulder the total blame for the defeat, Leeds were the better side by far in the second half.

Ribs Fitness is his biggest liability one minute hes fit then suddenly hes not. Hes had is chances and no doubt he will again but he has to stay fit.

Personally I would persevere with Hunt for a little longer.

Interesting point. Not to sure about the "he's had his chances. If you remember, Ribs was dropped after the pompey game whilst he was fully fit. Assume then it was more to do with his performance at that game not earning him the right to keep his place. Hunt was given 6 games before finally being dropped. However, Hunt is infront of Ribs so may now need to step in and cover in Carey's absence.

As you say no doubt he may be given a chance again.

I wasn't there either bigfatdave but the radio commentary pair didn't have one complimentary word for Hunt today, they put the blame at his door for 2 if not 3 of the goals, and almost gave away a penalty too. i usually find the radio under eggs the comments, so to be so hard he really must have been absolutely diabolical.

i just think he was signed by SC and didn't expect or want to play under anyone else. The playes know that the squad has to be trimmed and should be playing for their place.Hunt has made his feelings known. And I think the fans will too if he appears again in the shirt he has no respect for.

Spot on Em, I belive they mentioned hunt was at fault for the third as well.

I personally would be hughly peed off if that useless lump of northern lard EVER makes an appearance in our beloved teams strip EVER again.

He was definitely at fault for the 3rd. Just let their winger stroll past him as if he weren't there. It was pathetic.

I watched the goals on Sky earlier and he was clearly at fault for the 1st (rooted to the ground). He was out of position for the 2nd, so must shoulder some of the blame. The 3rd was a great impression of a statue. I don't think he will get another chance anytime soon and quite rightly so. I don't think Millen is to blame in the slightest. He doesn't have a crystal ball and was not to know that he could play this badly. True, he hasn't been great so far this season (pre-season Blackpool game aside), but Fontaine, Stead, James, etc ... have all been given stick by so-called supporters before going on to prove the critics wrong. Anyway, I would expect Ribs to start the next game (assuming Carey won't be fit). The next 2 games are massive now.

Hunt was an absolute disgrace today, how on earth is he playing football professionally. We hadn't conceded a goal for the best part of 2 and a half games, then this clown comes on and we look woeful.

There is something not right about the ribs situation, if he's fit he must start.

That was his first appearance on the pitch since the Watford debacle and even then he was only on a sub because Carey got hurt, I'd happily bet anyone £50 that he isn't chosen to start another league game for the remainder of his two year deal.

Hope you're right GrahamC. I'm half tempted to take your bet so that if he does start I can drown my sorrows afterwards for free! I'm worried about him even being on the bench again though. Unless we are 5-0 up with a minute to go, I can honestly say that I dread him ever being on the pitch again (except in an opposition shirt).

Ahhh now that makes sense mucker. Against Millens wishes i take it?

I believe so. If he is injured why is the club not saying so? If not, why has he gone from the next big thing to third (or possibly fourth) choice right back? Does Keith really think he is worse than Hunt? All very puzzling. :disapointed2se:

We had to give him one more chance to prove himself after the undoubtedly huge amount we have invested in his contract. He has now had that chance and it is blatantly clear that it isn't going to work out with him. I wasn't at the game, but having just watched the goals it is clear he was either fully or partially responsible for all three of them (McAllister not great on first either). If he wasn't on the pitch the score would have been very different, which is a pretty devastating impact for a full back to have on a result.

How can we possibly get any value from his contract now? I guess we have to loan him out long-term when we can and take whatever proportion of his wages we can get. Realistically this will be to a div 1 or 2 club who won't be able to afford much.

I wonder how a Premier league player could go downhill so badly. He just doesn't look like he could play at any level at all.

I hope that Ribs is fit and well and his confidence has not been affected by being dropped. I have faith that Ribeiro is a good player, who will become a very good player over time. He has not looked as strong this season as last yet, but he has only had a couple of chances and one of those was up against a very good ex-prem player who has caused problems for much more experienced right backs than Christian. Whatever happens, please no more Hunt.

Does anyone know how Hunt got on at Derby last season? Would be intersted yo hear from any Derby fans on what they thought of him??

My view was he did a good job of playing like a statue! The bloke is totally out of his depth and im not sure hes even good enough for league 1. I saw the goals twice as they had a big screen there and he didnt block tackle or jump for the ball! What is he actually paid to do if he cant do simple things as a defender???

KM has a few options for RB if Carey is not fit.

Ribs is obviously the first choice but never seems to be fit .

Skuse could play there in an emergency but doesn't look comfortable in that position and doesn't get forward enough

or maybe put Marv at RB and bring in Cisse in the midfield

Any of these options had to be better than playing Hunt again .

See my post above, Skuse or Marv could have played there

I'm all for debate but I wonder why you even replied, mate.

There are about 20 posts in this thread asking why Ribeiro isn't above Hunt in the pecking order and also why Skuse didn't come on instead..

He just needed to read the thread, didn't he?

Glad I've never head of him. When was he "playing"?

I think Brian Mitchell was a free signing who Denis Smith signed after blowing his transfer kitty on Andy Cole and Ray Atteveld! I think we also had a freebie centre half at the time who was equally useless, I think his name was Thompson.

i have seen all 3 goals Becchio has scored now and to say Nicky Hunt is to blame for all of them, imo, is wide of the mark.

I agree he probably was at fault for the first and second in large part but where was the marking on the far post for the third?.. that was Macca and Fontaine's job.. they were ball watching.. yet again.

To think we have overcome our defensive frailties is nonsense from what i have seen... not that i can see many people saying that mind.

I don't know what the situation is with Hunt and Ribeiro. Are they both carrying injuries all the time? If so, move them both on in January and lets get a proper right back in to help Carey. Players that are always injured and watch matches from the stands are no good to us.

Hunt has to be the worst defender I've ever seen pull on a city shirt. We looked solid yesterday until Carey went off, then it just fell to pieces. Hunt is about as solid as a wet cardboard box. He was supposed to be a fresh pair of legs but their left winger skinned him every time, a shambles.

I think Brian Mitchell was a free signing who Denis Smith signed after blowing his transfer kitty on Andy Cole and Ray Atteveld! I think we also had a freebie centre half at the time who was equally useless, I think his name was Thompson.

Too right, David Thompson and Brian Mitchell, two of the worst defenders we've had.

Bolton fans didn't rate Hunt either.

Reasoned debate and criticism is one thing but some of the comments on this thread are truly appalling. Comments like eff of out of our club and the like - hysterical over-reaction reflecting well on nobody.

Everyone can see the goals for themselves and make their own minds up, as worrying for me was the astonishingly awful distribution. I'd like to know what Bradley Orr's critics have to say about that.

Hunt is one of those journey men players that will probably collar half a million per year out of Bristol City in return for naff all in terms of playing minutes but the fault for that lies only with the persons responsible for his signing.

However I would hope that if and when Hunt is out on the pitch again he receives 100% backing. Encouragement and positivity is the only way, barracking will not help him and therefore will not help Bristol City.

What an absolute joke, there can be no more excuses. The early excuses of perhaps he's injured or perhaps he's struggling in a poor team cannot wash after yesterday, we were 5 games unbeaten and he must be fit by now. He was diabolical, a f ** king liability. The match appeared to be heading for a bit of a boring 0-0 and then two things happened, Carey went off injured and was replaced by Hunt and Becchio came on. What followed was countless attacks down the left hand side, Hunt losing his man for the first goal and Hunt being completely skinned (yet again) for the third. He's just terrible. I mean our marking of Becchio was rather poor after we'd defended very well in the first half and James should have done better with the initial shot for the second goal, but Hunt played a massive part in our loss yesterday. How on earth he is above Ribiero in the pecking order amazes me, I'd rather have Ivan at right-back!

Archived