IGNORED

Caulker The Words Out

dragonreds

I,m a taxi driver and yesterday was lucky enough to pick up Wigan chairman Dave Whelan on a non football matter. He noticed my City tie and I thanked him for the 2 million for Dave Cotts. The response was good player but lacked heart. He then grilled me about Caulker. Have we got him till Jan or end of the season and is there a view to buy

cool, I think we have him on a season long "youth loan".

Tottenham might expect a bid, but I dont think there is anyway we could afford the asking price, and they would probably turn it down anyway. He is immense, and will play for the full england team one day. Wigan probably could afford the asking price, but I cant see spurs wanting to sell him to anyone.

What does anyone think the asking price would be? might they be interested in the discussion if it was 3-4 million plus sell on fees?

I,m a taxi driver and yesterday was lucky enough to pick up Wigan chairman Dave Whelan on a non football matter. He noticed my City tie and I thanked him for the 2 million for Dave Cotts. The response was good player but lacked heart. He then grilled me about Caulker. Have we got him till Jan or end of the season and is there a view to buy

Why would the chairman of Wigan be enquiring about a Bristol City player with a taxi driver from Bristol?

Dave Whelan? a self made Millionair getting into a Taxi? i find that hard to belive, sorry!

It does happen you know, not everyone that rich is 'above getting a taxi'. I went to a presentation held by a senior partner in Deloitte (as you can imagine, very well off)... not flash at all and afterwards he casually waited for a taxi to the train station. I'm not saying it's definately true, but I wouldn't dismiss it based on that!

Ok then, lets re phrase it:

"If I was a millionaire I certainly wouldnt be using a public taxi."

I just find it hard to belive that a millionaire would use public transport when he could go priverate and luxury.

it might not be a 10 year old toyota that the OP drives, it might be a nice merc s class with a private hire company?

Ok then, lets re phrase it:

"If I was a millionaire I certainly wouldnt be using a public taxi."

I just find it hard to belive that a millionaire would use public transport when he could go priverate and luxury.

Whelan always strikes me as being a bit careful with his money, like many a Northerner, so it's perfectly plausible that he'll be using a taxi.

What's the alternative - a gold plated sedan chair?

It's getting to the stage where people just won't post on here any more.

A perfectly reasonable and believable post and two people jumping on his back with negative comments.

Either there are a lot of Sags on this forum lately or a lot of people needing anger management classes.

Get a grip, we're all on the same side, remember!

it might not be a 10 year old toyota that the OP drives, it might be a nice merc s class with a private hire company?

And who many taxi drivers wear ties? Not many that I know, but then I'm not a millionaire who can afford a nice taxi! Sounds plausibe enough for me too!

You'd be surprised.

There's a fine line between not being naive and not being paranoid, some have not grasped this. Obviously I don't believe everything that is on here, but it's obvious what the bullshit is. This isn't even a controversial story so why would someone make it up? It was an interesting post and one I wholeheartedly believe.

I'm interested to know what method whelan would have chose if it wasn't a taxi? Hovercraft? Quadbike? Bought a car for the visit then dumped it in the river Severn? Magic carpet?

Of course he would have used a taxi!!

On caulker, whilst he is clearly a good player, he has a lot to learn before he is 'definitely going to play for england'. But at 18, he has a chance to forge a good career for himself, it's unlikely to be here though.

It,s amazing I,m 47 years old why would I lie. In my 8 years as a taxi driver I,ve picked up Sir Steve Redgrave the actor Brian Blessed Twentyman a few times for the older ones Valerie Singleton Sherie Ugene and many other millionaires too many to mention. The major work I do is corperate hence the collar and tie, As I said I picked him up from his helicopter and drove him round some properties he was looking at. He jumped in the front and we had a general chit chat. I won,t bother again. The most famous footaller II picked up played for Juve he flew into Filton by private jet and booked me to take him and his wife to look at a dressage horse he was interested in buying. I would name but there,s no point

The most famous footaller II picked up played for Juve he flew into Filton by private jet and booked me to take him and his wife to look at a dressage horse he was interested in buying. I would name but there,s no point

That has to be the best definition of "how the other half live" that I've ever heard! Flying in by private jet to look at a dressage horse.....!

Archived