IGNORED

Caulker The Words Out

dragonreds

Ok then, lets re phrase it:

"If I was a millionaire I certainly wouldnt be using a public taxi."

I just find it hard to belive that a millionaire would use public transport when he could go priverate and luxury.

You find everything hard to believe...Living under a rock doesn't help. ****in idiot.

Last self made multi-millionaire I had a drink with got the bus to the pub.

Anyway, it's not a surprise to see Caulker is known about, he's holding down a first team spot at 18 and playing for the u-21s instead of the u-19s.

Whelan won't get him though unless it's a loan next season, it won't be a perm signing.

Interesting comment about Cotterill, I suspect he might have had more of a heart if he wasn't the subject of a big money transfer to Wigan reserves as a teenager under a manager who didn't want him. Kind of easy to let the commitment slide in that situation.

It,s amazing I,m 47 years old why would I lie. In my 8 years as a taxi driver I,ve picked up Sir Steve Redgrave the actor Brian Blessed Twentyman a few times for the older ones Valerie Singleton Sherie Ugene and many other millionaires too many to mention. The major work I do is corperate hence the collar and tie, As I said I picked him up from his helicopter and drove him round some properties he was looking at. He jumped in the front and we had a general chit chat. I won,t bother again. The most famous footaller II picked up played for Juve he flew into Filton by private jet and booked me to take him and his wife to look at a dressage horse he was interested in buying. I would name but there,s no point

Ian Rush?

Did Whelan ask about McAllister or Hunt? praying%20smiley.gif

It,s amazing I,m 47 years old why would I lie. In my 8 years as a taxi driver I,ve picked up Sir Steve Redgrave the actor Brian Blessed Twentyman a few times for the older ones Valerie Singleton Sherie Ugene and many other millionaires too many to mention. The major work I do is corperate hence the collar and tie, As I said I picked him up from his helicopter and drove him round some properties he was looking at. He jumped in the front and we had a general chit chat. I won,t bother again. The most famous footaller II picked up played for Juve he flew into Filton by private jet and booked me to take him and his wife to look at a dressage horse he was interested in buying. I would name but there,s no point

Sorry fella, didnt mean to offend you, no hard feelings!

To be fair, this is easy to believe, as it's not really a case of 'the word is out'. Any promising english talent developing through the big teams in this country will be on the radar of numerous prem / upper championship clubs in a bid to sniff out potential that may get lost in the shuffle at the player's home club (in this instance tottenham)

As for Caulker, assuming we stay in this division and are not promoted, it would be one hell of an ask to get him for a 2nd season of championship football. Most likely will be a prem loan like Chelsea have done with Michael Mancienne - unless of course part of the agreement was to put a buying bid price clause in (highly unlikely).

I shared a cab with Brian Wilson and Warren Mitchell a couple years back so its not beyond even politicians to share a space with a wee commoner.

Having said that they are/were Labour MP's so i guess that dooont count none.

Warren Mitchell is an actor and Brian Wilson was a member of the Beach Boys (as well as being City's Mr Versatile for a couple of seasons).

I,m a taxi driver and yesterday was lucky enough to pick up Wigan chairman Dave Whelan on a non football matter. He noticed my City tie and I thanked him for the 2 million for Dave Cotts. The response was good player but lacked heart. He then grilled me about Caulker. Have we got him till Jan or end of the season and is there a view to buy

Did you tell Mr Whelan about an excellent full back by the name of Nicky Hunt that he really needs to get Martinez to sign for a million? Hell, if we managed to convince him to buy Cotts on the strength of one game at Northampton, then anythings, possible.

Hell....i'd let them have him for thirty quid of JJB vouchers!!!

Well personally I believe him, he told me last week that he had Prince William in his cab and the Prince told DR that he was about to announce he was engaged to Kate Middleton well that proved to be right ;)

Also I want to know if Dave Whelan was a big tipper and if so, are you buying the meat pies at half time on Sat DR ?

Well personally I believe him, he told me last week that he had Prince William in his cab and the Prince told DR that he was about to announce he was engaged to Kate Middleton well that proved to be right ;)

Also I want to know if Dave Whelan was a big tipper and if so, are you buying the meat pies at half time on Sat DR ?

i did ok on the tip front and yes i,ll get the pies in at half time. see you sat mate

There is no doubt that the outstanding Caulker is headed for a brilliant career in the Prem and (likely) the England team in due course.

I think it is doubtful that Harry Redknapp will allow him to stay with us for another season, so there is probably no chance we could sign him after this season (much as I would welcome that.).

This young player has totally transformed (and drastically improved) our defence since he joined us.

Forum Members - just be happy he is on board whilst he is here for this season-long loan which has been agreed by Spurs.

DR will get enough pies for all of us, but we wont get any ;)

Mate this was a good shout and i just read it through and sure enough 2 posters jumped straight on you for it. Unbelievable. dont have to justify yourself either. No wonder fewer and fewer people post on here now, including me. too many knobs.Use the ignore button if i was you :innocent06:

It does happen you know, not everyone that rich is 'above getting a taxi'. I went to a presentation held by a senior partner in Deloitte (as you can imagine, very well off)... not flash at all and afterwards he casually waited for a taxi to the train station. I'm not saying it's definately true, but I wouldn't dismiss it based on that!

On an unrelated but highly important note, who the hell is that busty goddess as your avatar Cookie 7?!

Archived