IGNORED

Away Kits You Would Like To See.

TheRobins666

At the moment I think we have quite a lacklustre away kit. So what would be one you would like to see?

I saw someone on here (I didn't catch your name, sorry) with a purple away kit with green sponsor as their picture. This is one we used in the past and I think it looks great. What would be one you would like to see?

At the moment I think we have quite a lacklustre away kit. So what would be one you would like to see?

I saw someone on here (I didn't catch your name, sorry) with a purple away kit with green sponsor as their picture. This is one we used in the past and I think it looks great. What would be one you would like to see?

I loved the green one, 01/02 I think?

I'd like to see Argentina Style light blue and white striped shirts, but unfortunately some of our fans can't get over the fact that we'd be wearing blue! Some of them don't realise that City wore blue before the Gash did, and some of our players are running around wearing bright blue boots, but nobody has commented on them !

FFS, light blue isn't nothing like the gashes tone of blue, and would any other team/club in the Country think any less of us if we did wear ligjht blue?

Couldn't find it. Could you please enlighten me on what it looks like? All green, or other colours too?

If its the one Im thinking of it was dark green with a black hoop across the shoulders, I remember a black and green hooped shirt from the mid 90's, my personal favourite.

Another green away shirt weve had in the last couple of decades was an appalling lime green 3rd shirt that we had to wear at West Ham because both our red home shirt and purple away shirt (with the lime green collar) clashed with their claret home shirt.

Does anyone remember a special edition shirt from around the late 90's (possibly later) that had thick green and blue (possibly purple) stripes?

If you want to see all of our home kits from day 1, you can see them here... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

The purple and green one can be found on this iconic away kits page here... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/iconic-change-kits.html

It's a cracking website. I use it daily for my work.

Look at Peteborughs in 1993! I nearly puked.

White shirt & black shorts (as worn at Highbury in 1976) was very smart.

10 years ago P'boro' had an away shirt that was red with flecks of green, light yellow and black on it. The politest term was "regurgitated pizza". Despite that, they sold more of those than the home kit that season.

I've always liked River Plate's kit with the red sash over white, a bit like Man City's away kit. That would look different to anything we've had before and look very smart.

I'd also like to see something incorporating the colours of Bedminster F.C. Surely the stripes of 1899-1900 would look pretty good as an away kit wouldn't it?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

I've always liked River Plate's kit with the red sash over white, a bit like Man City's away kit. That would look different to anything we've had before and look very smart.

I'd also like to see something incorporating the colours of Bedminster F.C. Surely the stripes of 1899-1900 would look pretty good as an away kit wouldn't it?

http://www.historica...ristol_City.htm

Psst! Don't tell our fans to look at 1894-1895 (whisper it, it's got blue in it !!)

Away kits I would like to see?

Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, Sunderland, Stoke, Villa ...............................................................

.........all at the Gate of course!!!

Look at Peteborughs in 1993! I nearly puked.

My dad has that peterborough away shirt. Purchased at the end of the season when it was on sale, i have no idea how they didnt manage to sell them all at full price! The picture of it on there doesnt really do it justice for just how horrible it really is.

For a city away shirt i would like to see us in Purple and Lime again. Although anything which isnt white or black as now quite boring after 4 seasons of the same.

I remember that kit, tinnion scored a beauty at the Britannia against Stoke on a Sunday afternoon.

If its the one Im thinking of it was dark green with a black hoop across the shoulders, I remember a black and green hooped shirt from the mid 90's, my personal favourite.

Another green away shirt weve had in the last couple of decades was an appalling lime green 3rd shirt that we had to wear at West Ham because both our red home shirt and purple away shirt (with the lime green collar) clashed with their claret home shirt.

Does anyone remember a special edition shirt from around the late 90's (possibly later) that had thick green and blue (possibly purple) stripes?

limer.jpg

This picture is just full of win.

RETURN FOR PURPLE AND LIME!

edit: does anyone remember this kit being used? http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en/teams/b/bristol-city/old-bristol-city-football-shirt-s16508.html

That was the special edition shirt I mentioned earlier on in this thread, Lita for Congo replied that it was used in a game against Stoke...I say limited edition because Im sure there were only a small number that went on sale to the general public. I dont care that it has blue stripes, I love that shirt.

* just to clarify, I am talking about the shirt in the link and obviously not the purple and lime green shirt in the picture

Archived