IGNORED

Spare A Thought For Plymouth

The Red Planet

The winding-up order brought by HMRC (the tax man) against PAFC will be heard in court on Wednesday.

In most businesses, the lenders (bankers) will establish themselves as preferential creditors (this also applies by law to HMRC). So if a business does go bust they have first call on any remaining assets. Usually, after this there is precious little left (if anything) for what are known as "unsecured creditors". If this does happen at Plymouth they will be the local traders that EMB was referring to in this thread but it might also apply to the likes of any unpaid football agents (oh dear, pass the hanky).

Therefore, if these preferential creditors think a business is going to fail, it is in their interests to issue a winding-up order as soon as possible in order to minimise their losses before there is nothing left for them to rescue from their failing loans or unpaid tax.

As I said before, when businesses go bust it is almost always because they run out of cash. Losing the support of their bankers (i.e no more loans) often precipitates this situation.

OK thanks

Good. W@nkers.

Sad, bitter fans like Swindon. Can't say I've ever met a decent Argyle fan so **** 'em.

My Mum's elder brother died over the weekend. A nicer man, and lifelong Argyle fan, you could not wish to meet.

Its a real shame there are still far too many 'football fans' who enjoy hatred.

Ridsdale is not many people's favourite man, me included, but if he can help rescue them, when nobody else could, then i wish him well.

I would like to think that my reputation on here is pretty sound, but just in case anyone thinks I am making this up, check this out.

http://www.thisisply...il/article.html

Of course, there may well be a last minute agreement for more time to pay as Cardiff received many times from HMRC.

CONTROVERSIAL FORECAST ! Ten years from now there will be so many full time professional league football clubs gone out of business that the FA will do away with League 2 altogether.

For discussion !

The financial state of play certainly seems to point to that as a possibility but, on the other hand, consider that more and more conference prem teams are going full time; it really does seem absurb in these times of financial turmoil.

I think its about time the Premier League and the Football League kissed and made up for the good of all football; I know the prem need not give one dime to the lower leagues but that is a contemplation even the meanest would not entertain knowing full well they all need each other. No, but there needs to be far more cooperation and a fairer split of the wedge from endorsements. If they were talking as one entity, like before, instead of them and us it would make for a far more stable environment. Oh for the good ole days.

... and I know a fair few Plymuff fans who travel massive distances following Gargyle. Christ, travelling away it's 2 hours m'way trip before they even reach civilisation!

Hope they survive for the sake of their hardcore support who's passion and commitment put most club's fans to shame. :clapping:

I remember my mate took me to an Argyle game ages ago to cure me of my "City-ness"

So I thought: "It's a free football game, lets wind up the supporters"

So we're thirty minutes into the game against Derby, and I take my jumper off and my mate looks in horror. I'm wearing a red City shirt, that didn't half stand out against all the green.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/plymouth_argyle/9242466.stm

... and I know a fair few Plymuff fans who travel massive distances following Gargyle. Christ, travelling away it's 2 hours m'way trip before they even reach civilisation!

Hope they survive for the sake of their hardcore support who's passion and commitment put most club's fans to shame. :clapping:

second this, we all have our rivals etc, at the end of the day we are all fans of football, no fan deserves to lose his saturday 3pm time.

my first thought was no I wouldnt like em to go under, but then I remember the shit their pikey fans handed out when they went up.

Turnips they called us back then and they POPPED in all to often. all jokes about coaches reversing back into garages blah blah blah

**** em, looks like their bubble has well and truly burst. Pity Barfdiff cant join em

forgive my ignorance, but..... Pop? :surrender:

I believe that in our failed attempts to get out of League One pre-Johnson, it was the favoured expression of Muff fans in reference to the "Bristol City bubble bursting".

...All gone a bit flat for them now, eh?

...Bless.

:rolleyes:

I would like to think that my reputation on here is pretty sound, but just in case anyone thinks I am making this up, check this out.

http://www.thisisply...il/article.html

Of course, there may well be a last minute agreement for more time to pay as Cardiff received many times from HMRC.

CONTROVERSIAL FORECAST ! Ten years from now there will be so many full time professional league football clubs gone out of business that the FA will do away with League 2 altogether.

For discussion !

Just to knit pick HMRC havent given Cardiff more time to pay, the courts have - HMRC get a lot of blame for "letting Cardiff off" but all HMRC can do is abide by the court ruling.

I dont think we will see that many clubs go to the wall but growth in the whole economy is certainly going to be extreamly different in the next 20 years compared to the last 20 years and this will have to have some kind of effect on football.

For discussion !

Maybe in future we should go back to regional leagues for League2 and the Conference as they had all those years ago with third division south and third division north. The likes of Exeter and the Gas travelling to Carlisle and Hartlepool just can't be financially viable when you consider travel and hotel costs for players, officials and fans and the low gates these fixtures invariably attract,.

Maybe in future we should go back to regional leagues for League2 and the Conference as they had all those years ago with third division south and third division north. The likes of Exeter and the Gas travelling to Carlisle and Hartlepool just can't be financially viable when you consider travel and hotel costs for players, officials and fans and the low gates these fixtures invariably attract,.

Or we could stop paying footballers thousands a week for kicking a football around. Hiring a coach for the day is what a couple of hundred pounds every couple of weeks, hardly going to make a difference to a business with a turnover of millions a year.

Sorry to be picky about that but it reminds me of the way the local councils react to a monetary crisis, they cut cut cut at the bottom of the pile and leave the bloaty salary earners alone, and announce that services can no longer funtion properly because they have lost staff. And all the while the real problem remains in place.

Everyone knows why clubs piss away millions of pounds a year, and it's not because of coach hire or the tea lady, if we continue to close our eyes and put our hands over our ears about players wages crippling clubs then we are the biggest fools going.

The players aren't going to give a stuff about any club going down because there is always another one around the corner.

Anyway I'll POP along now and go back to being ill for the day.

Or we could stop paying footballers thousands a week for kicking a football around. Hiring a coach for the day is what a couple of hundred pounds every couple of weeks, hardly going to make a difference to a business with a turnover of millions a year.

Sorry to be picky about that but it reminds me of the way the local councils react to a monetary crisis, they cut cut cut at the bottom of the pile and leave the bloaty salary earners alone, and announce that services can no longer funtion properly because they have lost staff. And all the while the real problem remains in place.

Everyone knows why clubs piss away millions of pounds a year, and it's not because of coach hire or the tea lady, if we continue to close our eyes and put our hands over our ears about players wages crippling clubs then we are the biggest fools going.

The players aren't going to give a stuff about any club going down because there is always another one around the corner.

Anyway I'll POP along now and go back to being ill for the day.

You make a very good point and I like travelling all over the country but will supporters be so keen on it if fuel is twice as expensive as it is now?

There will be thousands of hard working Mum's & Dad's, grandparents and children who support Argyle. Most of them decent folk I'm sure.

They don't deserve their club disappearing.

Nobody does.

Quite right Cotswold. I would not want them to go to the wall.

That said, I'm always happy to POP back to Plymouth!! :chant6ez:

Plymouth Court

A reprieve or delaying the inevitable?

Not sure how Risdale encourages others to give him money to play with, but that seems to be their only option. Talk about "out of the frying pan and into the fire"!

In my shoes I would take Nero's viewpoint: "I would rather suffer the end of Plymouth a thousand times. I would rather die in agony, than accept assistance from Peter Risdale!"

Archived