IGNORED

Pitman

reddoc

Had to start this purely because I can't believe no-one else has.

How many is this bloke gonna score? Genuinely haven't seen anyone finish like this for years down the gate and his movement and ability to be in the right place/right time is something that you can't teach and would struggle to learn. Maynard is a fantastic striker but Pitman's instinctiveness gives us something completely different. Steal of the century, this guys gold dust.

second goal worryingly reminded me of how Michael Owen used to finish back in the day!

Has come on leaps and bounds in a matter of weeks, him and Stead upfront is a tasty thought, Maynard must be worried?!

Random comment as well, anyone see Pitman's volley in the first half? Hit it as the ball was coming towards him, curled it round the defenders leg, was comfortably saved by Bywater but was unbelievable tekkers

How many is this bloke gonna score? Genuinely haven't seen anyone finish like this for years down the gate and his movement and ability to be in the right place/right time is something that you can't teach and would struggle to learn. Maynard is a fantastic striker but Pitman's instinctiveness gives us something completely different. Steal of the century, this guys gold dust.

P my take ----Brett Pitman has been class,is on fire and will score bucket loads,Stead,Pitman,Maynard.Clarkson not a better set of strikers in the division except at Cardiff.

Gotta say KM has turned it around big time,have to say the guy is doing us proud at the moment.

Agree with all that.

I heard an interview with Keith a couple of weeks back when he said that Brett was the best finisher at the club, I take it that would include Maynard!!

It might sound weird, but in someways Pitman reminds me of Bob Taylor, he's excellent in the air even though he's not particularly tall, he's got good strength and an excellent eye for goal.

Stead & Pitman the new Taylor & Turner ??:fingerscrossed:

I said a few weeks ago that Pitman will be better than Maynard in time as his whole round game is better.

Bottom line is we now have two of the best strikers in the division and with Stead being a great holding player we are well sorted up front.

P>S>

Well done Milly on getting both Pitman and stead into the club. It only took GJ 7 attempts and over 3million to find a decent striker, Milly gets two within weeks and for a fraction of what GJ spent.

Agree with all that.

I heard an interview with Keith a couple of weeks back when he said that Brett was the best finisher at the club, I take it that would include Maynard!!

It might sound weird, but in someways Pitman reminds me of Bob Taylor, he's excellent in the air even though he's not particularly tall, he's got good strength and an excellent eye for goal.

Got the same chant going for him as well.

The radio Brizzy comentator said today, a couple of times that Pitman cost us a million, is this correct?

his stock is rising fast especially if he keeps producing the goods like the last three games.,the goals he scored today complete and utter goal finisher class.

A true goalscorer.

Reminds a lot of fellow islander Le Tissier.

Glad Pitman has settled now I remember seeing him in the early days for Muff and thinking he could be a very good prospect. I was asking people to give him time on here a few months ago, now I would ask people to come down and not put to much expectation on his shoulders, saying that I think he is the sort of player that could thrive off of that.

One thing is for sure, we have a very tidy front line now!

Glad Pitman has settled now I remember seeing him in the early days for Muff and thinking he could be a very good prospect. I was asking people to give him time on here a few months ago, now I would ask people to come down and not put to much expectation on his shoulders, saying that I think he is the sort of player that could thrive off of that.

One thing is for sure, we have a very tidy front line now!

For sure a very tidy front line!

I rather win 4-3 than 1-0.

If we score two or three goals each game not many teams will beat us.

Football is all about entertainment.

For sure a very tidy front line!

I rather win 4-3 than 1-0.

If we score two or three goals each game not many teams will beat us.

Football is all about entertainment.

If we concede zero goals in a game no team will beat us.

All the best teams in history have been based on good defences.

Barcelonas current side based on good defence?

...Yeah. They've only conceded 8 goals in the league this season, in 14 matches. Last season they conceded 24 in 38 games. Both seasons they have conceded less goals than any other team. You're right, they're not based on a good defence, they are based on a brilliant defence.

Pitman has been pre class since coming back into the team

Fair plY to him when he joined he knew he wasnt fit enough or strong enough for this level, but hes worked hard and is scoring for fun.

Many questioned millen saying he was a needless signing as when we got him, however in the games Stead has missed we havent had a problem thats how food he's been.

Bonus is, there is No need at all now to rush Maynard back.

Agree with all that.

I know Maynard scored a lot of goals for us, but I wouldn't say he's a great finisher, I'm sure he's missed a fair few one on ones, which judging by Pitman yesterday, I would expect Pitman to have finished.

This may be controversial but the player he reminds me of most is marcus stewart in his pomp. Not in his time with us but at Huddersfield and ipswich. Same build, the way he runs although brett is quicker. Same sort of intelligence you cant teach and similar ability on the ball and strike. I can see both players having a very similar career path as well.

As another poster stated, you have to ask why it took johnson long to get this sort of quality in? Although stead was a target for gj.

What are people's thoughts on Claridges commet ... something like " At Bournemouth his attitude was rubbish, now he's developed into a better proffessional with the right attitude"

For Claridge to say that he must have been a little Brat! Given Claridges standards of Proffessionalism innocent06.gif

I thought Pittman would take games to grow, turns out he just needed a goal, he has grabbed 2 penalties in those 5 goals : Jevons record was quite possibly the closest to a 20:80 penalty to Open Play goals

Some great finishing yesterday, this man is still improving and growing in confidence - Bring on 2011 Brett

Pitman is Superman!superman.gif

Archived