IGNORED

Sheffield W Postponements

red as fcuk

Just noticed 3 of Wednesday's games have been postponed, meaning, while we play 4 games in 9 days, they play 1! Then the fa cup game 5 days later. Surely this will not bode well for us, and swfc will have a lot to prove- even if they did get smashed by Exeter!!

The scruteny an speculation these days....

To be honest, we'll both be playing just the one game after a 5 day break so I'd be suprised if professional athletes of our pedagree were affected.

On a side note, I remember a third round cup game at Hillsbrough that we considered to be a glamour draw at the time and took about four and a half thousand up for- now we're worried about them having something to prove! Danny Wilson was the opposing gaffer that day.

''Just noticed 3 of Wednesday's games have been postponed, meaning, while we play 4 games in 9 days, they play 1! Then the fa cup game 5 days later. Surely this will not bode well for us, and swfc will have a lot to prove- even if they did get smashed by Exeter!!''

Could also mean that that'll be rusty and not fully match ready.

My guess is that City will probably have at least one of the xmas/new year games postponed. The local weather forcast for 27th December is for more heavy snow.

The scruteny an speculation these days....

To be honest, we'll both be playing just the one game after a 5 day break so I'd be suprised if professional athletes of our pedagree were affected.

On a side note, I remember a third round cup game at Hillsbrough that we considered to be a glamour draw at the time and took about four and a half thousand up for- now we're worried about them having something to prove! Danny Wilson was the opposing gaffer that day.

Do I remember correctly that there was a lot of snow in Sheffield that day? Should have won anyway!

Could also mean that that'll be rusty and not fully match ready.

My guess is that City will probably have at least one of the xmas/new year games postponed. The local weather forcast for 27th December is for more heavy snow.

Yup, if anything too few games is more costly than too many, players at this level can recover, think of the shift that they put in vs QPR after a first home win over Reading only 3 days before... 'match rust' is something a lot of teams have problems with, though, after not playing, and is something you can't really eradicate, especially when training is going to be disrupted by the weather. This could be a blessing in disguise.

Archived