IGNORED

Who, What, When, Where, Why, How?

Welcome To The Jungle

Who?

Who decided not to go today. Who decided that they would prefer not to go today. What is that, the club are charging minimum prices for the FA cup, shall I go? No!

I went today and was shocked that we failed to get over 12k. The East End had about 12 people in it so it was just 90 minutes of being out sung. They got 1,300 fans down here for the match, and it seems awful to me that our 'fans' wont turn out to watch the team. Millen said it was our most important game yet, and so players walk out and see the East end empty.

Who walks out before full-time? Stay to the end you idiots. The team are out there demoralised and embarrassed, and all you can do is leave. Well done you are true real fans. If we had gone 3-0 up at theirs, they wouldn't have got up and left. They would have stayed to the end. As much as it pains me to say it, Northerners have great fans and we don't.

What?

What was the point in bringing on Fontaine? Good player but he's not supposed to be fit yet, let alone match fit. Stewart could have played, I'd rather someone dopey than someone not ready mentally or physically.

When?

When were the subs made? With 20mins left and 3-0 down, not 30mins left and 3-0 down. Makes little sense to me.

Where?

Where is the leader? Nowhere. James can't lead from the back and there was no one for the team to rally to. They scored and we acted like headless chickens.

Why?

Wasn't taken off, or why was he picked. He obviously wasn't fit today and offered little. Haynes or Ivan could have taken his place. He is a star but it was plain by about the 30min mark that he was already out of puff.

How?

How do we improve?

1) Don't take off Johnson as they dominated possession once he went off and we were also clueless in Midfield

2) Don't play unfit players (Fonts, Ribs and Albert should not have played today)

3) Don't concede 3 generic goals. Learn from your first mistake and deal with it

4) Don't **** up the restart for the 2nd half, just set the foundations for what was to come

5) TAKE CHANCES WHEN THEY COME!!!! They did, we didn't.

COYR!!!!! LETS GET THE BORO!!!

Super fan of the year here! Pipe down mate.

I left 10 minutes before the end. Obviously I'm an idiot, couldn't of been anything to do with the fact we had already lost and it was f00kin freezing. I paid good money to watch and I fork out for a ST every year so I'd like to think I can leave a shitty, pointless game like this a little early without being branded an idiot.

The players didn't look interested anyway, why should the fans?

I share your frustration but I believe the song goes 'Follow 'em till we're dead'. Not Follow 'em till I get a wee bit chilly. I do believe that the role of a supporter is to support, its in the name.

I've narrowed your 'why' down to Stead or Pitman, assuming it's Stead ? Wasn't his day today, Wednesday's back four played him well.

The fans weren't up for it today, numbed either with the cold or the performance.

I've narrowed your 'why' down to Stead or Pitman, assuming it's Stead ? Wasn't his day today, Wednesday's back four played him well.

The fans weren't up for it today, numbed either with the cold or the performance.

I narrowed his why down to Adomah! But it says it all that we could both be right. ranting.gif

**** me superfan himself, the type whos not missed a game since they were 3, maybe some of us have other things to do on a saturday like see our wives and family, maybe some of us would rather spend our pennies watching us play Cardiff instead and could not really afford it seeing there has not been a payday since xmas, Maybe im not the sort he wants to eat beans on toast every single day just so i can watch City play in every single game and be a superfan to!

Who?

Who decided not to go today. Who decided that they would prefer not to go today. What is that, the club are charging minimum prices for the FA cup, shall I go? No!

I went today and was shocked that we failed to get over 12k. The East End had about 12 people in it so it was just 90 minutes of being out sung. They got 1,300 fans down here for the match, and it seems awful to me that our 'fans' wont turn out to watch the team. Millen said it was our most important game yet, and so players walk out and see the East end empty.

Who walks out before full-time? Stay to the end you idiots. The team are out there demoralised and embarrassed, and all you can do is leave. Well done you are true real fans. If we had gone 3-0 up at theirs, they wouldn't have got up and left. They would have stayed to the end. As much as it pains me to say it, Northerners have great fans and we don't.

What?

What was the point in bringing on Fontaine? Good player but he's not supposed to be fit yet, let alone match fit. Stewart could have played, I'd rather someone dopey than someone not ready mentally or physically.

When?

When were the subs made? With 20mins left and 3-0 down, not 30mins left and 3-0 down. Makes little sense to me.

Where?

Where is the leader? Nowhere. James can't lead from the back and there was no one for the team to rally to. They scored and we acted like headless chickens.

Why?

Wasn't taken off, or why was he picked. He obviously wasn't fit today and offered little. Haynes or Ivan could have taken his place. He is a star but it was plain by about the 30min mark that he was already out of puff.

How?

How do we improve?

1) Don't take off Johnson as they dominated possession once he went off and we were also clueless in Midfield

2) Don't play unfit players (Fonts, Ribs and Albert should not have played today)

3) Don't concede 3 generic goals. Learn from your first mistake and deal with it

4) Don't **** up the restart for the 2nd half, just set the foundations for what was to come

Just after Christmas maybe super fan, people skint, season ticket holders having to pay for cup games. What a first class so and so.

If we had gone 3-0 up at theirs, they wouldn't have got up and left. They would have stayed to the end. As much as it pains me to say it, Northerners have great fans and we don't.

Rubbish. I've been to plenty of grounds, Hillsboro included, where "northerners" have started filing out of the ground long before the final whistle when their team has been losing.

And no; I didn't go today. The FA Cup doesn't interest me so I spent the day having fun with my wife and baby son instead. Football isn't everything so don't get all high and mighty just because you chose to go when others didn't.

I'm sure if we were all sat in a brand new stadium, it would be packed to the rafters, whatever the result. ;-)

Seriously though...money and entertainment value are both residing factors. It's not going to get any better. When i speak to most ordinary people, they are all struggling, and priorities are a must.

A lot of apathy regarding players behaviour and wages is also having a knock on effect imho.

Who?

What?

When?

Where?

Why?

How?

How do we improve?

Lots of crap here.

fA cup across the country had low games, since man u devalued the competition, fans ad clibs have stopped stopped caring,

Subs.....first menaingful sub was made in the hour? So like you suggested

As for fans leaving early, happens every week, whether we win 3-0 or lose 3-0

After a few hours of thought I'd actually like to say sorry about the criticisms of fans. Just it seemed really empty today, especially the EE. Then the result felt angry at so many things.

I wasn't in the EE today because of reasons I stated on here in another thread. Not that I have to answer to anyone but, I may be able to lose my job due to all the funding cuts, and i've also just paid for Christmas, plus my usual monthly debts.

Who?

Well, I decided not to go today. I'm a season card holder and I kept my money in my pocket for this game. We stand virtually no chance of actually winning the FA Cup so we should concentrate on what's really important - avoiding relegation and maybe gaining a play-off place. I'm saving my vocal support for the league campaign. Good luck to Sheffield Wednesday and I hope they can help send the Gas down to the basement division - what a good sport I am !!!!!! :dancing6:

Who?

We're in the EE normally, but we couldnt afford it. Rather save my money for the league and seeing as it costs £50 in petrol the round trip now, thats quite important.

It was neither our most important game, nor was it priority for a lot of fans

We aint all uber fans, and we got livesand as for walking out, its not big, and its not clever, but as any long term City fan will tell you, we have produced performances over the years to fully justify walking out, trust me..:farmer:

Didn't go because I was skint, mates weren't going so didn't fancy going on my todd £15 + bus fair + food + some drinks. also saving up for my summer holiday. So in the end I'm so glad I didn't go.

Sorry superfan

ditto,cups dont interest me,season ticket holder ,but cant afford additional games with me and my 2 boys

be it sheff wed or man utd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today was my first game in a long while as I have hardly been able to get to any due to going back to college, must say though I really enjoyed being back as my last game was back in September I think, first half we were good and really should have been winning it was just such a shame to see the team collapse like that.

I have been going on off for about a year sadly for me the last time I saw us win was against Preston when Hartley scored way back last year :(

It really is becoming a big problem for all fans across the Country. Football is not cheap these days. People are having to priorities. Prices are rising for everyday needs and it's not just about the price of the entrance alone...many other aspects of costs come into the equation.

When you compare prices with other countries in Europe, we are way more expensive, and yet attendances are dropping in many leagues.

Whether we are at AV or AG, i see attendances dropping gradually as the economic climate bites.

Football as we know it, needs a big kick up the backside...

Who?

Me.

I decided not to go today.

Minimum prices. Mmm. £15. Or 5 pints of beer. When I started watching City it cost me £2.50 to get in, which was the equivalent of about 2 and a half pints of beer at the time. So even at these "minimum prices" I was being asked to fork out twice as much as I used to. And normally I'm paying three or four times as much as I used to.

And am I getting three or four times as much entertainment/enjoyment for that money? No. So where has the extra money gone? Look in the players' car park.

I didn't sign a contract to say I would fork out unlimited amounts of money because I count myself as a City supporter. At the end of the day City competes with lots of other things that I could spend my time and money on. If I think I'll get "more bang for my buck" by going to Ashton Gate than by doing something else, then I'll go to the Gate. Today, a nice walk in the Cotswolds with my wife followed by a bit of online poker was more appealing than watching City try to win a game that would give them a small chance of playing Chelsea or Manchester United's reserves in three weeks' time.

I've got my season ticket, and will have one next year, come what may, and I'll go to most of the home games and a few aways, because I enjoy it. But at the end of the day I am a customer of BCFC and of professional football generally. If the "product" isn't attractive enough, I won't buy it. And today, I preferred to do other things.

If being a "superfan" is what floats your boat, good luck to you. But there are lots of us out there who love football and love City, but not to the point where it dominates everything else. And we'll carry on choosing to miss the odd game. Bear in mind that the game needs us, because if it relied solely on the money of superfans like you, the average attendance would be a lot lower.

And there would be more Ford Mondeos parked behind the Atyeo on matchday. Which might not be a bad thing.

who does this guy think he is telling people who pay good money that they are idiots because they don't want to watch players who are clearly not trying in the freezing cold i couldn't really blame people for leaving after we went 3 down let alone called them idiots i think we know who the real idiot is

As for lee johnson Christ you make it sound like he is the best midfielder ever he is rubbish league 1 at his best all he does is pass it backwards,cretes naff all,chase (when he can be bovered) after people heels and loses the ball

Sorry again guys, just got home pissed at City and felt angry that the 3-4k league regulars that weren't there didn't also waste their money (more angry at myself I mean by that). Idiot was a very poor choice of language.

Secondly I love the cup, ok Man U have ruined it but I remember 'boro 4 years ago. 2 down and drew 2 all. The return at the riverside was amazing. Anyone else remember Everton a few years before that. Again 2 down, ended 2 all, Phillips made the best double save I have ever seen live. Again penalties was our undoing but it was great. I just love days like that and just wanted another. But to do that we had to get past Sheff Wed. Liverpool in 94. Still seems to be our finest hour on this Forum.

Yeah, ok, I was the idiot here, but who wasn't fuming after that.

As for the guy on about Lee Johnson: We kept the ball better with him on the pitch, he is the only one who has the capability to play a killer pass (emphasis on capability), only one with ideas. He's no world beater, but when Adomah and JCR arn't playing like they normally do, or were played out of the game. Then we can't play with 2 defensive midfielders. The role he plays is pivotal. We do need to replace him, but for now he is the best we got.

Sorry again guys, just got home pissed at City and felt angry that the 3-4k league regulars that weren't there didn't also waste their money (more angry at myself I mean by that). Idiot was a very poor choice of language.

Secondly I love the cup, ok Man U have ruined it but I remember 'boro 4 years ago. 2 down and drew 2 all. The return at the riverside was amazing. Anyone else remember Everton a few years before that. Again 2 down, ended 2 all, Phillips made the best double save I have ever seen live. Again penalties was our undoing but it was great. I just love days like that and just wanted another. But to do that we had to get past Sheff Wed. Liverpool in 94. Still seems to be our finest hour on this Forum.

Fair play mate.

Part of the problem for me is that I don't get as excited about the FA Cup as I used to. Whether that's because it's actually less interesting or just me getting older, I don't know. But I can't imagine making a last minute decision to take the afternoon off work to go and watch City at Anfield these days, as i did (happily) in 1994; or queueing for tickets for three hours after work (school, at the time) because Leicester (home town) had drawn Man Utd at home in the 1970s.

Funnily enough, I think the fact that we're now a Championship team has taken a bit of an edge off things for me. When you're in the third tier, a game against any Premier League team is a big deal; now there's no guarantee that the very top teams would play their strongest teams, and I really wouldn't get excited about playing Fulham or Wigan - and it wouldn't be such a big deal if we beat one of those lower Prem teams.

Shame, because you're right that on a good day there's nothing better than watching a Cup tie - replays especially. As well as the City ones you mention, I remember some great nights at Filbert Street, Leicester - including losing to Arsenal in a second replay, when ties never went to penalties, in a crowd of 39,000 (if you ever visited Filbert Street that number will astonish you, but it's true).

With City, apart from the FA Cup I also count the League Cup semi-final against Forest in 1989 and the Freight Rover game against Hereford in 1986 as some of the highlights of my time watching City (in spite of the Forest result). Both games where there was a really big "prize" of a Wembley final appearance at the end, of course, which is a bit different from a 3rd round game.

Fair play mate.

Part of the problem for me is that I don't get as excited about the FA Cup as I used to. Whether that's because it's actually less interesting or just me getting older, I don't know. But I can't imagine making a last minute decision to take the afternoon off work to go and watch City at Anfield these days, as i did (happily) in 1994; or queueing for tickets for three hours after work (school, at the time) because Leicester (home town) had drawn Man Utd at home in the 1970s.

Funnily enough, I think the fact that we're now a Championship team has taken a bit of an edge off things for me. When you're in the third tier, a game against any Premier League team is a big deal; now there's no guarantee that the very top teams would play their strongest teams, and I really wouldn't get excited about playing Fulham or Wigan - and it wouldn't be such a big deal if we beat one of those lower Prem teams.

Shame, because you're right that on a good day there's nothing better than watching a Cup tie - replays especially. As well as the City ones you mention, I remember some great nights at Filbert Street, Leicester - including losing to Arsenal in a second replay, when ties never went to penalties, in a crowd of 39,000 (if you ever visited Filbert Street that number will astonish you, but it's true).

With City, apart from the FA Cup I also count the League Cup semi-final against Forest in 1989 and the Freight Rover game against Hereford in 1986 as some of the highlights of my time watching City (in spite of the Forest result). Both games where there was a really big "prize" of a Wembley final appearance at the end, of course, which is a bit different from a 3rd round game.

Agree with this. The FA cup really seems to have lost its magic in recent years. I'ts become more of an inconvenience to most clubs nowadays.

You will still see some cracking ties, or impressive cup runs but it's just not the same tournament it used to be.

I think the fact that we dont compete from round 1 anymore means that the cup run is less enjoyable as we get byes in two rounds.

The Cup would become more interesting and that said 'magic' may come back if it was turned around and the prem teams had to start at Round 1 with the championship teams with lower leagues coming in later on. Would certainly spice things up :winner_third_h4h:

It really is becoming a big problem for all fans across the Country. Football is not cheap these days. People are having to priorities. Prices are rising for everyday needs and it's not just about the price of the entrance alone...many other aspects of costs come into the equation.

When you compare prices with other countries in Europe, we are way more expensive, and yet attendances are dropping in many leagues.

Whether we are at AV or AG, i see attendances dropping gradually as the economic climate bites.

Football as we know it, needs a big kick up the backside...

In one of the the programmes, City mentioned that they dropped the entrance price to the MINIMUM that the FA would allow. So basically City's hands were tied when trying to organise a ticket price. They could have wanted to charge £1 for everybody, but instead the FA forced them to charge £15 minimum.

Not exactly grass roots encouragement is it?

Who?

To take adavantage of these minimum prices for the FA cup a fan in the East End who wanted to take his family would have be in another stand rather than the East End unless he wanted to shell out extra for the membership. Price for adult Wedsnesday fan £i5 but for City fans in the East End it could have been £33 which hardly encourages walk up support. Thousands of seats in the rest of the groud at £15 with no hassle buying them on the day or extra charges.

Lots of crap here.

fA cup across the country had low games, since man u devalued the competition, fans ad clibs have stopped stopped caring,

Subs.....first menaingful sub was made in the hour? So like you suggested

As for fans leaving early, happens every week, whether we win 3-0 or lose 3-0

I see this raised on various forums at various times. My recollection of the incident was that the FA put pressure on Manchester United to not take part in the FA Cup so that England would be represented in the FIFA Club Championship in Brazil in early 2000, and as a follow on, not adversely impact an upcoming England host bid for the World Cup: i.e. United wanted to stay in the cup, but fixture conflicts could not be resolved so they gave in to the FA's pressure and didn't defend the trophy. Whilst I have no particular love for United, this is one thing that shouldn't be dumped primarily on their doorstep.

Seems to be supported in this account http://soccernet.esp...england&cc=3888

Tbh...the FA are a bunch of pompous arses, very similar to those that sit in Parliament. As long as they are receiving freebies, being wined and dined and letching at personally interviewed secretaries, they are more than happy. It's a Grandious Gentlemans smoking Club...no more, no less. Not making this up...I've had numerous occassions meeting some of these low life. Not an organisation i'm fond of. The FA Cup remains a highlight for me, unfortunately through Rose tinted glasses.

Archived