IGNORED

Who, What, When, Where, Why, How?

Welcome To The Jungle

There is of course another end to the "Who" question.

Allow me to explain:

I am a VERY occasional visitor to AG having only really started to take a proper interest during the past 12 months.

As I think I have said on these forums before I have not lived in Bristol for that long but have been a STH at Bristol Rugby for a while. (I must really hate myself!!) I came down to the Barnsley game back in August and since then I have been torturing myself every other Sunday afternoon at the Memorial Ground (Which is and always will be a Rugby Ground). I have been waiting for an opportunity to get back to a City game and one of the factors that has kept me away is the thought of paying £30 plus bus fare plus drink etc. So when I saw that tickets were only £15.00 for all areas I thought I would venture back.

On Saturday morning I booked my ticket for a seat in Block C of the Dolman fully expecting to see a much improved City team turn over Sheff Wed. Sadly,the players were not reading the same script as me and we all know what happened next. However, £15.00 was good value to see the game and I have to say that during the first half City looked a far better side than I had seen back in August.

But getting back to the Who bit. Well I was part of the walk up crowd and speaking to people around me there were an awful lot of us. Do the current regulars think that if ticket prices were reduced across the board by say 30% would the weekly crowd be 20K or more?

I for one would probably have been there a few more times this season if I had paid £18-20 for a seat in the Dolman.

Just a thought.

There is of course another end to the "Who" question.

Allow me to explain:

I am a VERY occasional visitor to AG having only really started to take a proper interest during the past 12 months.

As I think I have said on these forums before I have not lived in Bristol for that long but have been a STH at Bristol Rugby for a while. (I must really hate myself!!) I came down to the Barnsley game back in August and since then I have been torturing myself every other Sunday afternoon at the Memorial Ground (Which is and always will be a Rugby Ground). I have been waiting for an opportunity to get back to a City game and one of the factors that has kept me away is the thought of paying £30 plus bus fare plus drink etc. So when I saw that tickets were only £15.00 for all areas I thought I would venture back.

On Saturday morning I booked my ticket for a seat in Block C of the Dolman fully expecting to see a much improved City team turn over Sheff Wed. Sadly,the players were not reading the same script as me and we all know what happened next. However, £15.00 was good value to see the game and I have to say that during the first half City looked a far better side than I had seen back in August.

But getting back to the Who bit. Well I was part of the walk up crowd and speaking to people around me there were an awful lot of us. Do the current regulars think that if ticket prices were reduced across the board by say 30% would the weekly crowd be 20K or more?

I for one would probably have been there a few more times this season if I had paid £18-20 for a seat in the Dolman.

Just a thought.

That's a very informative and well put over post. I also love Bristol RC, and am appalled at what is going on there. Sadley, because of where i live, i've had to Endure Sale for my Rugby fix.

As for the amount of walk in fans at the Sheffield game...what you say is very intersting. Considering the low turnout, and the good number of travelling fans, it seems that many ST holders couldn't be bothered to turn up either. I wonder what the %'s were.

Archived