IGNORED

Chase On For City's Haynes

Jordan Tansley

Danny is a bit like a better version of Christian Roberts, when he's really good he looks immense but tiny glimpses and the odd run/goal do not adequately compensate for the modest skill that is more often on display. Plenty of effort and application do not always make a player good enough in the long run . Like Nyatanga, a good young 'un with potential, and Championship experience that GJ saw fit to add to the squad, but 18ish months down the road it's debatable whether either player has made sufficient progress and/or impact to make either Ipswich or Derby rue the decision to move them on.(Much in the same way that we rarely hear talk of Dele Adebola at AG now)

I like Danny Haynes attitude to the game, but he is behind Pitman, Stead and Maynard as a striker and is not better than Albert or JCR as a right winger and KM has been told he has to trim the squad radically.

It might be that Danny is seen as a player to lose for a fee to compensate for the likes of Hunt being on decent contracts and unlikely to be moved on as quickly as is trequired to finance further re-building.

If he goes I would certainly wish him all the best!!

In regards to nyatanga I dont think we can fully judge him atm in all honesty lets be fair his experience under GJ was as CB not LB if im correct ? give the lad some time :)

Played at left back for Derby as well not considered to be good enough for CB. You could be right but I very much doubt he is good enough. Just an opinion.

Reads like an agent advert story fairly typical of Sky and unsurprising when he's half way through his contract.

Haynes I think is a good player who does more than people give him credit for, if he could finish he'd be devastating but he hasn't cracked that one yet.

Certainly one I would keep as he's young, fast and covers two positions well not to mention being very useful on the right side of the front three if we need to use that.

no brainer... get rid.

he isnt a striker and will never get into double figures for goals over the course of a season. and just because he has pace doesnt make him a winger. would rather see sproule ahead of haynes should albert be injured at any point.

dont see a place in the team for haynes. if were to move forward we need to get in a better standard than haynes can offer.

Would not get in the strongest 11 either as a striker or right winger, but doubtless on decent wages and would command a fee - probably make sense to move him on.

This would, however, mean we'd probably be stuck with Clarkson....

We got to sell what we can. It's like with Gavin Williams, one of very few players other clubs are even considering taking on loan.

I'm not surprised, I said in December than I think one of Haynes or Clarkson will go this window and he seems to prefer Clarkson, for whatever reason. I think Haynes recieves too much criticism. Obviously his finishing is poor and he can be frustrating but he is very direct and that is something we don't have in most of our squad. He obviously has lightening pace and was one of the main reasons Maynard did so well last season as Danny drew defenders out and provided him with space. If Maynard was playing with Clarkson for example, this would not be the case.

Even if Millen thinks he's useless as a striker surely as Sproule is going he'd be very good back-up for the right wing? He is obviously a good player to have on the bench when one down with twenty minutes left and I'd much rather have him than Clarkson. Then again, if Clarkson is coming off the bench ahead of him as has been the case, you can't really see a place for him. I'd hope to get around what we paid for him mind. He's young and raw but with the right coaching could becoem a very dangerous player. It would be disappointing if we were not up to that job.

We could do without 85 percent of the 36 man squad to be honest.

Short term contracts based on performances please.

Should stop us loosing silly money for absolutely nothing.

but what happens if the player does well and a prem club comes in. short term contracts are good providing you have compensation clauses etc so that the club can keep the player or get some money from it.

We could do without 85 percent of the 36 man squad to be honest.

Short term contracts based on performances please.

Should stop us losing silly money for absolutely nothing.

That's not remotely practical. Apart from the fact it means they could leave for nothing do you really think people will choose a one year deal with us when they can get three or four elsewhere? Maynard would hardly have joined us for a year would he?!

Think about it.

The silly money in football is because the market is not working as for other employees. When SL hire people for his company I'm sure he gets the best people for nothing compared to a football player who hardly can pass the ball. I bet Maynard would have loved to sign a one year contract.

No he wouldn't! He'd have signed for someone else on a 3 or 4 year deal. Why do you think he'd sign a 1 year deal when he could easily get a 3 or 4 year deal?!

He would have been better off signing a one year contract with City than a 3-4 year contract with another club.

For a start I never said what he'd have been better off doing only that he would not have chosen a one year deal with us over a three or four year deal elsewhere. Why do you think he'd have been better off doing this anyway? It just makes no sense.

In an ideal world it would be great to keep him. A good option to have in the squad but when we clearly need to reduce the size of the squad it's a move that makes sense.

If Haynes leaving results in a quality centre midfielder arriving then it will be good business.

For a start I never said what he'd have been better off doing only that he would not have chosen a one year deal with us over a three or four year deal elsewhere. Why do you think he'd have been better off doing this anyway? It just makes no sense.

Mate, you are saying he would never have comed here on a one year deal because he would have chosen a 3-4 year deal else where.

It's always going to be a gamble. Does the player believe in himself doing better? If so he should fancy a short term contract.

If you are doing well at work hoping for a better life I bet you won't stay for 3-4 years if there are other options in one years time.

What I'm saying is that the current situation only gains players/agents. Fans/owners get the shit.

He's recently become a Daddy, a life changing experience for sure. Maybe he wants to be nearer his family?

I think his potential to make the most of his ability probably lies at another club, this equally applies to Sproule.

A slight better version of Sproule. I can see why Keane got rid.

Hasn't progressed since being here and as others have said a bench warmer at best. I also hear his attitude is not great?!

The amount of times he chose to shoot from real tight angles was joke. If he ever picked his head up Maynard would of had more goals to his name the season both played upfront.

500k i believe we paid. I would take half that now.

Archived