IGNORED

Chase On For City's Haynes

Jordan Tansley

Why? Get rid, nowhere near good enough. Is neither a winger or a forward, tries hard but not the quality we need. Sproule and Clarkson off too I hope. We can throw in Hunt as a buy one get one free offer.

Add in Akide, Gavin Williams, one of the keepers, Nyatanga or Stewart, Jackson and possibly Cisse and we start getting some numbers down.

In the summer Carey and Macca should be finished too. James Wilson is injured, Lennox, Ball, Hoban, Keohane, Edwards will have questions.

I'd keep Cisse but would agree with the otters and throw in Johnson.

500k i believe we paid. I would take half that now.

Jeez, did we really pay that? No wonder we are making heavy losses.

90 starts, 97 sub appearances, 29 goals, struggling to get a game at a lowly Championship side who are desperate to offload players - If we were buying, what would we pay?

Decide a figure, double it, and you get what Johnson would pay! :whistle2:

It would be a huge mistake to let danny haynes go.

Especially to a division rival (Millwall or others).

If we can get GOOD (£1m+) money for Haynes then yes, if not keep him, he will get his chance one day and will have a big part to play.

BCAGFC

90 starts, 97 sub appearances, 29 goals, struggling to get a game at a lowly Championship side who are desperate to offload players - If we were buying, what would we pay?

We paid less than half of that sum.

Especially to a division rival (Millwall or others).

If we can get GOOD (£1m+) money for Haynes then yes, if not keep him, he will get his chance one day and will have a big part to play.

BCAGFC

a million?! no one will pay that for Haynes im afraid 300k-500k tops

His finishing isnt good enough to play up front regularly, and he's not skillful enough to play regularly on the wing.

We should be looking to move on anyone who isnt good enough to start regularly. Danny falls into this catagory, and if we receive a reasonable offer, we should get rid. He'll be on good wages as well I'd imagine.

GJ used to say he's always looking to move on the 4 weakest players, and replace them with 4 quality players to go into the first team (ok, he may not have always achieved this), but Millen should be looking to do the same, although given the size of the squad and the need to free up money and wages, it has to be a lot more than 4.

Your description fits Ivan to a tee.

Does this mean we're struggling to offload Ivan because surely he has to go before Danny Haynes?dunno.gif

Who's in that queue then Noggers? We'll be fighting that list off with a shitty stick I reckon :innocent06:

Your description fits Ivan to a tee.

Does this mean we're struggling to offload Ivan because surely he has to go before Danny Haynes?dunno.gif

Ivan will be on a good wage. He only has 6 months left and has a young family. He might prefer to sit it out and take the money and sort himself a deal in the summer.

Mate, you are saying he would never have comed here on a one year deal because he would have chosen a 3-4 year deal else where.

It's always going to be a gamble. Does the player believe in himself doing better? If so he should fancy a short term contract.

If you are doing well at work hoping for a better life I bet you won't stay for 3-4 years if there are other options in one years time.

What I'm saying is that the current situation only gains players/agents. Fans/owners get the shit.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying! He would not have come to us on a one year deal if he could have had a three or four year deal elsewhere. That is just common sense. If we were only willing to give short term contracts we would miss out on a hell of a lot of players.

I'd sell him. We've got enough strikers and Millen doesn't seem to wanna play him on the wing. We've better players in that position anyway. Not consistent enough IMO. Sell him and release some funds for the "creative midfielder" we are after/need. We've got a massive squad that need trimming. You can get Clarkson out the door also.

Agree with the above post too inconsistent, i have heard as well he is not the most popular player in the dressing room, i feel Haynes is going to be one of those players that goes from club to club throughout his career without reaching his full potential, lets get what we can for him and put it towards the players we desperately need.

What a silly final comment, we signed a 21 year old who was a regular in Ipswich's first team squad and who was Maynard's strike partner last season for less than we paid for Clarkson, how much realistically do you think Ipswich sold him for?

I'd like him to stay but we do need to move players on and if we can't offload the likes of Sproule or Clarkson then he may have to go, especially if we are confident Maynard will be back before too long.

Personally I'd let Haynes go. With the strikers that have come in, plus how well Adomah (and JCR to some extent) have been working on the wings recently, I don't see how he fits in anymore.

Time to cash in.

I quite like Haynes but with the need to reduce our squad this makes sense.

The question is how much do we think he's worth, and are the likes of Charlton and Millwall really going to give City a good offer?

I'd have thought we're looking at about 250k., at the most, from either of them.

Difficult one - bearing in mind his wages, what's the lowest offer you think City should accept?dunno.gif

Personally, i would keep him unless we could recoup the majority of the money we paid for him. He's a decent squad player, rubbish at finishing but creates alot of space up top with his non stop running. I would of liked him to play more on the wing, maybe on the left, where he could cut in and cause danger, but if we are saying he isn't a center forward and he wont get in over Adomah tand we need to sell to buy that covented creative midfielder we have been crying out for since Hartley left then its probably best we re-coup the money we paid and get shot of him.

What a silly final comment, we signed a 21 year old who was a regular in Ipswich's first team squad and who was Maynard's strike partner last season for less than we paid for Clarkson, how much realistically do you think Ipswich sold him for?

I'd like him to stay but we do need to move players on and if we can't offload the likes of Sproule or Clarkson then he may have to go, especially if we are confident Maynard will be back before too long.

OK, I was being a bit silly on the Johnson comment, but he did have a habit of paying well over the odds for certain players. The point I was making is that rather than slap ludicrous valuations on our players (£1 Million!!!), actually look at what we would expect to pay in similar circumstances. Haynes, fringe player at lowly Championship side, pretty inconsistent, unfulfilled potential, 6 Months on contract, rumours of attitude issues, selling Club desperate to offload players - What would you expect City to pay for a player like that? I would suspect the answer is 'not a lot'.

I was actually making the point that we are not likely to get a large fee for him, especially if he only has 6 Months left on his contract. If that is the case, I suspect it could be as little as £100K, after all, they can wait 6 Months and pick him up for free. Or Haynes can sit tight for 6 Months, and negotiate a higher signing on fee, as no transfer fee will need to be paid.

Morning N T B.

Yep tis a difficult one. If KM is keen on adding to his squad then he may go for as little as £200k. Personally i hang in for a fair bit more than that, but only a couple of weeks left in the January sales so?

Morning Arn,

Agreed - we got Stead on the cheap due to his wages, and the same may apply to Charlton or Millwall with DH.

I'd sell for 200-250k. as long as there is a good sell-on clause.

Haynes is still young and it's quite possible he will come good at the right club.

OK, I was being a bit silly on the Johnson comment, but he did have a habit of paying well over the odds for certain players. The point I was making is that rather than slap ludicrous valuations on our players (£1 Million!!!), actually look at what we would expect to pay in similar circumstances. Haynes, fringe player at lowly Championship side, pretty inconsistent, unfulfilled potential, 6 Months on contract, rumours of attitude issues, selling Club desperate to offload players - What would you expect City to pay for a player like that? I would suspect the answer is 'not a lot'.

I was actually making the point that we are not likely to get a large fee for him, especially if he only has 6 Months left on his contract. If that is the case, I suspect it could be as little as £100K, after all, they can wait 6 Months and pick him up for free. Or Haynes can sit tight for 6 Months, and negotiate a higher signing on fee, as no transfer fee will need to be paid.

Fair comment.

GJ certainly did overpay in several cases and we are in real need of reducing numbers, I'd still hope for nearer £250k than £100k because I don't think his contract expires until the end of season 2011/12.

Haynes clearly wants to play up front and with Stead, Haynes and Pitman all clearly ahead we need to be listening to offers for him.

I always thought he had what it takes to make it as a right winger but with Albert dominating that position now we dont need to take that risk, plus hes prob a reasonably high earner.

good luck to him i say if he leaves, hopefully reduced wage bill and any minimal transfer fee involved can go towards the central midfielder we need

Agree with the above post too inconsistent, i have heard as well he is not the most popular player in the dressing room, i feel Haynes is going to be one of those players that goes from club to club throughout his career without reaching his full potential, lets get what we can for him and put it towards the players we desperately need.

Who did you hear that from ?

Archived