IGNORED

Chase On For City's Haynes

Jordan Tansley

I don't think he has impressed much this season. When he has played he doesn't look very interested and his work rate is a fraction of that of Stead and Pitman.

He may have pace but he lacks anticipation and an ability to read the game and his close control isn't that good either.

Pitman is slower, but much quicker to react, get into position and have a pop at goal than ever Danny Haynes will be. I honestly don't see him as anything other than a fringe player here, so if we can get some decent money for him I would think that's good business.

I don't think he has impressed much this season. When he has played he doesn't look very interested and his work rate is a fraction of that of Stead and Pitman.

He may have pace but he lacks anticipation and an ability to read the game and his close control isn't that good either.

Pitman is slower, but much quicker to react, get into position and have a pop at goal than ever Danny Haynes will be. I honestly don't see him as anything other than a fringe player here, so if we can get some decent money for him I would think that's good business.

With all due respect, that is utter Bollocks. He may lack ability in front of goal but to question his effort is ludicrous IMO

Not too happy with this to be honest. We can all see hes best on the wing and hed be my second choice there. Theres many others on borrowed time who should exit before haynes.

Id imagine that any move would be instigated by him rather than the club as suposedly hed be chasing a more guarenteed first team spot. If thats the case then fair enough and fairplay to him.

Its a bit of a surprise if its true. I would have though Haynes was definately in Millens future plans.

Maybe its Haynes who wants to move on?

Yeah wouldnt surprise me he has the talent to be in some championship teams starting 11's & pretty much all leagues 1's !!

Would like to keep him but cant blame him otherwise !

He is a headless chicken, yes he may be fast but that is all he has got, shooting is awful and is always knackered after a while. Good as an impact sub but i presume he is on high wages so a good offer and we should let him go.

Your description fits Ivan to a tee.

Does this mean we're struggling to offload Ivan because surely he has to go before Danny Haynes?dunno.gif

Your description fits Ivan to a tee.

Does this mean we're struggling to offload Ivan because surely he has to go before Danny Haynes?dunno.gif

Cant we afford the luxury of having 1 or 2 headless chickens in the team who can close down players in an instance & have the ability to knock the ball round a player & just run the living daylights out of themselves ?

Not too happy with this to be honest. We can all see hes best on the wing and hed be my second choice there. Theres many others on borrowed time who should exit before haynes.

Id imagine that any move would be instigated by him rather than the club as suposedly hed be chasing a more guarenteed first team spot. If thats the case then fair enough and fairplay to him.

Tricky one for the club, I imagine.

I agree that he'd be second choice as right winger, so if Albert gets injured (or loses form) and Sproule leaves, we'd have no real cover there (apart from JCR, of course - but I'd still play Haynes ahead of him). Haynes was definitely the best partner for Maynard last season, but he's not really got a striker's instincts, so I don't think we should keep him for that role alone.

Overall it would be great to keep him. He's a decent wide player and he's young enough to get better. But we need to get some players off the payroll, and the ones we'd like to offload may not be wanted by anyone else, so we may end up letting players like Haynes go to free up some budget to get others in - whether it's another club expressing an interest or Haynes asking for a move that gets things going.

On balance I'd like to keep him, but I can understand why the club might be prepared to let him go.

Cant we afford the luxury of having 1 or 2 headless chickens in the team who can close down players in an instance & have the ability to knock the ball round a player & just run the living daylights out of themselves ?

Haynes possibly, he's a bit more than a headless chicken - Ivan definitely not imo, he's completely ineffective most of the time.

With all due respect, that is utter Bollocks. He may lack ability in front of goal but to question his effort is ludicrous IMO

I agree with the other poster and think the same. He has looked very half hearted when he has played, almost uninterested. Undoubtedly a good player when he's at it but that hasn't happened so far this season which is why he not in the team.

I'd listen to an offer if the price was right.

Haynes possibly, he's a bit more than a headless chicken - Ivan definitely not imo, he's completely ineffective most of the time.

I really love Ivan & think he could be one of our best players if given a real chance !!!, & he is someone who can really get the crowd going, he was the only one getting the crowd going against wedensday & he wasnt even on the pitch the whole of the williams F stand were having some great chants/banter with him when he was warming up !!!!

KEEP IVAN or I kill this cat !!!

<br>I agree with the other poster and think the same. He has looked very half hearted when he has played, almost uninterested. Undoubtedly a good player when he's at it but that hasn't happened so far this season which is why he not in the team. <br><br>I'd listen to an offer if the price was right.<br>
<br><br>I think Danny realises he's not going to be a first choice or play regularly under KM so he'll want to move on. Probably a good move for all concerned, and if we can move Ivan on as well that'll be good business and facilitate the re-balancing of the squad.

I really love Ivan & think he could be one of our best players if given a real chance !!!, & he is someone who can really get the crowd going, he was the only one getting the crowd going against wedensday & he wasnt even on the pitch the whole of the williams F stand were having some great chants/banter with him when he was warming up !!!!

KEEP IVAN or I kill this cat !!!

he's been given several chances, top bloke, great pace but not good enough iam affraid.

I really love Ivan & think he could be one of our best players if given a real chance !!!, & he is someone who can really get the crowd going,

It's not a question of being a likeable chap - Ivan's had 3 and a half years worth of chances and he's never been good enough.

Are you saying Albert doesn't get the crowd going?

We need to move players on, he blows hot and cold, his finishing is woeful and when he came on against QPR he looked like he could give a toss.

He's talented and quick, that game against West Brom last season was his best in a City shirt, for whatever reason he's been unable to refind that form, good luck Danny.

spot on exactly what i was going to post

It's not a question of being a likeable chap - Ivan's had 3 and a half years worth of chances and he's never been good enough.

Are you saying Albert doesn't get the crowd going?

No OFC im not but ivan has a gd relationship with the fans & albert cant get that in 5-6 months it will come but I really believe Ivan is if immense quality & has the flair & creativity to get the gate rocking :)

Well it may be ludicrous IYO, which I may also consider to be cojones, :yes:

but nevertheless I seem to recall the last time he started he was repeatedly caught offside, then ambled back when he was in an offside position as though he had all day, won very little in the air or on the deck, and achieved hardly any link up play with our other forward players. He was eventually subbed for Pitman who looked a lot more lively and interested.

Archived