IGNORED

Dave James

Big Red Rich

Longer the better! Rather see gerkin then that moaning uninterested b****rd, such a frustrating player

Berk. dumbest post of the year. Playing that shower in front of you, you'd moan. Gerkin is an even bigger liability, remember his class kick against 'Diff last season.

With the way things are going, i can see SL making DJ player manager...

You've got to feel for the bloke, he probably knows more about Football, good Football, than KM does, and has to look enthusiastic at playing under a Rookie manager with poor quality players.

He's been one of our best players this season...Feel for the bloke...Can't imagine he'd been promised this by SL when he signed him.

Were you at AG today ?? or were you watching Man City , or Stockport or Bury or Sale Rugby or Accrington stanley or any of the other teams that you feel the need to tell us about??????????????

Of course we all know David James is worth £15000 grand a week dont we. Well done SL you really know how to waste your money. Duck, the abuse is coming. :trumpet:

The fact you have said that just goes to show you know this statement is bollox.

A lot of unwarranted abuse to this comment. How dare you have an opinion (sarcasm)

I might be wrong but I think this comment is borne out of frustration after another heavy home defeat.

Your right sorry if the comment upset anyone, was just frustrated by the crap we saw yesterday, no player could hold there head up high after yesterday, we've got a serious battle on now and I hope the players are up for the fight, James is undoubtably a great keeper and a good asset to us like i said I hope he is also up for the scrap, think/hope we will be alright, another bad day at the office but we've shown in recent games against qpr and Cardiff that we can produce good performances

Coyr!

Whilst I don't necessarily agree with you I do wonder if Gerken will keep the shirt if he performs well.

Of course we all know David James is worth £15000 grand a week dont we. Well done SL you really know how to waste your money. Duck, the abuse is coming. :trumpet:

Well there is no need to duck from me....I agree with you, and think that the wage money should have been spent on a couple of quality midfield players and fullbacks, where we are really lacking, with probably the worst set of fullbacks in the division IMO.

We never really had a massive problem last season between the sticks.

All I see with DJ is him constantly moaning at any of his out field players, and not giving them any encouragment what so ever. Yes he has made a few great saves this season, but I have also seen him make a few houlers to. I just feel that it isn't such a good dressing room with DJ about.

Now it's my turn to duck!!!!

Your right sorry if the comment upset anyone, was just frustrated by the crap we saw yesterday, no player could hold there head up high after yesterday, we've got a serious battle on now and I hope the players are up for the fight, James is undoubtably a great keeper and a good asset to us like i said I hope he is also up for the scrap, think/hope we will be alright, another bad day at the office but we've shown in recent games against qpr and Cardiff that we can produce good performances

Well I don't think he is up for the scrap, after the first goal went in. He through his toys out the pram again, and kicked the ball into the williams stand car park, instead of encouraging and getting on with it. Englands world cup goalkeeper... Your having a laugh!!!!!

£15,000 a week meal ticket comes to mind.

Anyone know what the suspension for DJ is going to be?!

Just watched Goals on Sunday.

Both Chris Hughton and Chris Kamara said the referee MUST overturn his red card into a yellow!!!

Fontaine was on the line when James made the foul plus the player was turning away from the goal and dived like he was training fro the 2012 Olympics!!!

So penalty, YES, booking YES, red card, NO

Longer the better! Rather see gerkin then that moaning uninterested b****rd, such a frustrating player

There was real hatred written on David James' face when Cisse gave away that shocking own goal. David James banged the ball into the roof of the Williams Stand with real ferocity immediately after. David James is a totally committed BCFC player, no doubt about that. As for our midfield and Cisse in our defence - they were totally shocking. Cisse should have been substituted long before his own goal as he was making some really bad errors with his passing.

Just watched Goals on Sunday.

Both Chris Hughton and Chris Kamara said the referee MUST overturn his red card into a yellow!!!

Fontaine was on the line when James made the foul plus the player was turning away from the goal and dived like he was training fro the 2012 Olympics!!!

So penalty, YES, booking YES, red card, NO

Spot on.

The Press Association, who are not known for questioning referees' decisions or being controversial in any way, report the incident thusly:

It was an afternoon to forget for the former England goalkeeper, who was sent off in the final minutes for tripping substitute Cameron Park, even though the Boro player had turned back and was going away from goal when brought down.

i know we were bad . i sit in the williams ,and did not think he caught the player, and to get a red card was over the top.May be others in other parts of the ground seen it diffrent to me.Also the ref and lines man on our ,side was rubbish. Litta seem to me keep getting offside from kicks up field,and i thought when mav went up with the goalkeeper it was fair jump . Just seen the liverpool highlights , same situation diffrent result, cazy game we love.

The fact you have said that just goes to show you know this statement is bollox.

You say that but we clearly had more pressing issues than a goalkeeper and we could've spent 15,000 a week more wisely. However, I was ecstatic when he came here as it was so ridiculous at the time and he is the best goalkeeper at the Club. Those that say we could have invested his wages in a much more sensible way though are correct in my opinion and that view is certainly not bollocks.

That's right, can't be offside from goal kicks. A player can be if he kicks it out of his hands though. Also i almost never criticise a ref, i always think you should get your own house in order first, but that was one of the worst displays i have ever seen at AG. Scary to think he has been an assistant in Europe.

On the subject of DJ i just wondered what people thought of him now we are at the half way point of the season? Personally i think he has been one of the most consistent players for City and IMO in the top 3 performers this season. But the problem i see is his wages. Now whilst i'm not saying Deano could do the same job he could easily do an adequate job saving an awful lot of money which could be used to strengthen the squad elsewhere. I think in Gherkin there is a standard Championship keeper who didn't really need replacing and, whilst i am still delighted to see James, do you think the money should have been better spent? The one counter argument i would pose is that i see DJ as potentially a very handy manager in the future. The impression i get is that he has a great knowledge of the game and will command respect in any dressing room he goes into. I don't for one second say he is KM's replacement but could he learn his trade as maybe a player/assistant at some point and in the future manage BCFC?

On the subject of DJ i just wondered what people thought of him now we are at the half way point of the season? Personally i think he has been one of the most consistent players for City and IMO in the top 3 performers this season. But the problem i see is his wages. Now whilst i'm not saying Deano could do the same job he could easily do an adequate job saving an awful lot of money which could be used to strengthen the squad elsewhere. I think in Gherkin there is a standard Championship keeper who didn't really need replacing and, whilst i am still delighted to see James, do you think the money should have been better spent?

My personal opinion is that if we'd had Gerken or even Henderson (who I rate) in goal this season we would currently be entrenched in the bottom three, or worse. Rather than save £15,000 a week by not having one of our best players, we would better served by saving the same amount (or more) by booting out the deadwood that are really holding us back.

My personal opinion is that if we'd had Gerken or even Henderson (who I rate) in goal this season we would currently be entrenched in the bottom three, or worse. Rather than save £15,000 a week by not having one of our best players, we would better served by saving the same amount (or more) by booting out the deadwood that are really holding us back.

Hugely debateable, and one of those things that cannot be proved either way. The way things have turned out, I think that he has been very good and had some benefits, but that we have more glaring problems, and maybe the money would have been better spent elsewhere. With Gerken (Great shot-stopper, not commanding) and Henderson (Very promising and highly rated at Yeovil), I thought our keepers were adequate for this Division, and that James was a bit of a vanity signing. Also, last time we signed a quality International keeper at this level (Jan Moller), we got relegated. Never ignore history or omens.

Archived