IGNORED

Why

DOLMANDAN

Bloody soooooo negative on this forum .A players name is mentioned and he is crucified almost instantly the most recent being Pascal Chimbonda who i thought would be a excelent signing but some on here please noooooooo well clearly QPR thought like me and new what a good player he is.

Nearly every post on this forum is either a moan or a critisism dont know why bother reading the bloody thing its about as cheerfull as Eastenders.Oh and i am aware that its a forum and everyone is entitled to there opinion but cant we just for once have some optimism instead of all this negativity

Rant over

The general feeling is negative on the forum imho, because fans are just basically pissed off with BCFC as a whole. The whole club seems a farse at the moment. In the space of less than a season, we've gone from hopefull promotion candidates to relegation fodder. It doesn't matter who's fault it is, but it has definately had a negative effect on most fans. Hense the tone of most posts.

Lansdown has lost interest because he can't deliver what he promised,and the fans are now beginning to realise this,hence the moaning and negativity.I totally respect mr lansdown but he needs to reassess his commitment and make the fans believe again,IMHO.

thats pure bull, this season is a write off, we need to regroup, survive the drop and look to re-shape the swuad in the summer. why should he get the cheque book out again now, even if we signed 3 2mill plus players we would still not finish in the pray offs. you cant knock the bloke that is funding our current high losses (financial).

We are where we deserve, the championship, in a way its our natural standing. We over achieved when we got into the play offs and since has been a learning process. Cant agree at all with the club being a farc, some peoples expectations are ridiculous.

Imo, You can't blame a lot of the fans for having high expectations. I agree totally with what you say, but the expectations of fans have been brought about from previous talk by SL and the Club, of what grand plans they have. The media picked up on this and at the beginning of the season, it seemed like we were riding on the crest of a wave in expectation. The Club never played down these feelings. It's all come back to bite us on the arse big time.

It stinks of minnows getting above their station, and it coming back to haunt them.

Lansdown has lost interest because he can't deliver what he promised,and the fans are now beginning to realise this,hence the moaning and negativity.I totally respect mr lansdown but he needs to reassess his commitment and make the fans believe again,IMHO.

thats pure bull, this season is a write off, we need to regroup, survive the drop and look to re-shape the swuad in the summer. why should he get the cheque book out again now, even if we signed 3 2mill plus players we would still not finish in the pray offs. you cant knock the bloke that is funding our current high losses (financial).

Of course there is no way of knowing for sure, but I personally think that there may well be some truth in kevster's comment. I don't think that he was advocating SL getting the cheque book out, but merely surmising that the chairman may have lost some enthusiasm; a theory that I have heard put forward by several City supporters this season.

We are where we deserve, the championship, in a way its our natural standing. We over achieved when we got into the play offs and since has been a learning process. Cant agree at all with the club being a farc, some peoples expectations are ridiculous.

You say that but we actually have a better squad on papaer than quite a few teams in this division and should be alot higher in the table than our current standing! we are a top 10 championship team hence the reason we have finished 4th, 10th and 10th since we have been in the division! we havent yet finished outside of the top 10! this just shows how lazy our current batch of players are or maybe its somthing else behind the scenes that we dont know about? either way we as a club are under achieving greatly and it really gets to me and many other fans! look at Swansea for example, we got promoted a year before them yet they are now miles ahead of us in every single department, WHY? there not a bigger club? they dont exactly have better players?... fans have a right to be peeed off at the mo.

I certainly wasn't asking for lansdown to get the cheque book out,merely that pre season he was very high profile,and convinced me that this club was really going to take off,perhaps living in guernsey has dampened his enthusiasm,more likely the constant delays on the stadium project is the reason,but I feel that our club is crying out for leadershipar the moment,and I firmly believe that lansdown is the man to show it,as he has done previously,we all need some good feel factor in these difficult times.

I think it's the constant promises of "jam tomorrow". The complete failure to address the glaring weaknesses in the squad on the left and in central midfield is the latest example. Wasn't the implication given that we'd be seeing that sorted once the transfer window opened? Or is it now to be sorted in the summer...like it wasn't last summer? Or will someone tell me it'll be sorted...tomorrow...

I've supported the club through years in which we've almost always been in a lower position than we are now. I don't have unrealistic expectations. I've been very happy to be an exile ST holder going to games when I can and making a gift to the club of the money for the games I can't make. I know I'm not alone. I've done that on the basis that the club has ambitions and in my small way I can help fund them.

In the past year the ambitions have got bigger...manager with the credentials to launch a promotion challenge...talk of investing in the players to deliver...new stadium...and the club has gone backwards. I can't get excited about that...

...where are the positives this season? Albert? Pittman? A couple of emerging players who might come good...or might not. Players we could have signed in League One. John Stead...6 goals in 21 games...works hard...doesn't get me bouncing with excitement. The dullest manager in the business...yawn! Journeyman bench warmers arriving in flash cars. A chairman overseeing the whole sorry mess from tax exile while the rest of us sit out a recession...

Not great is it?

I think it's the constant promises of "jam tomorrow". The complete failure to address the glaring weaknesses in the squad on the left and in central midfield is the latest example. Wasn't the implication given that we'd be seeing that sorted once the transfer window opened? Or is it now to be sorted in the summer...like it wasn't last summer? Or will someone tell me it'll be sorted...tomorrow...

I've supported the club through years in which we've almost always been in a lower position than we are now. I don't have unrealistic expectations. I've been very happy to be an exile ST holder going to games when I can and making a gift to the club of the money for the games I can't make. I know I'm not alone. I've done that on the basis that the club has ambitions and in my small way I can help fund them.

In the past year the ambitions have got bigger...manager with the credentials to launch a promotion challenge...talk of investing in the players to deliver...new stadium...and the club has gone backwards. I can't get excited about that...

...where are the positives this season? Albert? Pittman? A couple of emerging players who might come good...or might not. Players we could have signed in League One. John Stead...6 goals in 21 games...works hard...doesn't get me bouncing with excitement. The dullest manager in the business...yawn! Journeyman bench warmers arriving in flash cars. A chairman overseeing the whole sorry mess from tax exile while the rest of us sit out a recession...

Not great is it?

:clapping: :clapping: A very eloquent and sensible response to this thread. I agree with everything you have said and would add that with very very very few exceptions, the football we have seen at AG since that Play-Off final has been at best adequate but in the main poor fare. The whole club just feels a bit 'stale' for want of a better description.' The expectations of the supporters have only reflected the noises coming from the boardroom etc.

....And one final whinge.... we have had endless posters pointing out how much money the club is/has lost in recent seasons. A large amount of the recent losses have been due to the pursuit of the new stadium, and have also been not helped by steadily falling attendances. Which brings me full circle to the standard of football we are witnessing. I am a s/t holder who now frequently attends because 'I should', 'it might be better this week', etc etc, Is it too much to ask to be able to look forward to watching football at City again?? I know without the slightest hesitation that I would not pay the 'walk-up' price to watch what I have witnessed this season. In that clearly, I am not alone.

This season is anything but a write off. As far as I can see we are still involved at the wrong end of the table and are far from safe. Looking at the next six games doesn't fill me with confidence either. If Sl doesn't allow us to make a couple signings and we go down then the outcome would be far more catastrophic for the club. We haven't scored for 3 games now, we have a squad full of injuries and low on confidence. I'm sure signings will be made soon whether permanent or not. Millen has been very unlucky this year with injuries etc and the signings he has made have been good IMO. I'm sure with a bit of backing he will have us moving away from the drop zone.

:clapping: :clapping: A very eloquent and sensible response to this thread. I agree with everything you have said and would add that with very very very few exceptions, the football we have seen at AG since that Play-Off final has been at best adequate but in the main poor fare. The whole club just feels a bit 'stale' for want of a better description.' The expectations of the supporters have only reflected the noises coming from the boardroom etc.

....And one final whinge.... we have had endless posters pointing out how much money the club is/has lost in recent seasons. A large amount of the recent losses have been due to the pursuit of the new stadium, and have also been not helped by steadily falling attendances. Which brings me full circle to the standard of football we are witnessing. I am a s/t holder who now frequently attends because 'I should', 'it might be better this week', etc etc, Is it too much to ask to be able to look forward to watching football at City again?? I know without the slightest hesitation that I would not pay the 'walk-up' price to watch what I have witnessed this season. In that clearly, I am not alone.

Just out of interest, but what do you think the board should have set as our expectation for this season in the summer?

Finishing 4th,10th,10th; could only suggest you look to go higher. Top 10 finish isn't saying higher, so I guess looking at Play Off's had to be the only target? You can't say 8th/9th surely?

I agree with most of what you say, but the board could only place that expectation couldn't they?

Attendances. 100 down on Avg for last year. Declined since 2007. First season in Championship and then the ST deal for 'possibl' Premisership football, overinflated the core who currently watch footbal.

Interestingly, we have the 4th lowest reduction (% terms) on comparison to last seasons Championship attendances. Only Cardiff and QPR have increased attendances.

Just out of interest, but what do you think the board should have set as our expectation for this season in the summer?

Finishing 4th,10th,10th; could only suggest you look to go higher. Top 10 finish isn't saying higher, so I guess looking at Play Off's had to be the only target? You can't say 8th/9th surely?

I agree with most of what you say, but the board could only place that expectation couldn't they?

Attendances. 100 down on Avg for last year. Declined since 2007. First season in Championship and then the ST deal for 'possibl' Premisership football, overinflated the core who currently watch footbal.

Interestingly, we have the 4th lowest reduction (% terms) on comparison to last seasons Championship attendances. Only Cardiff and QPR have increased attendances.

I think if Coppell had stayed everyone would have bought a season in which we consolidated and built for the future...if there'd been some signs that that was what we were doing. And I for one would have believed he knew what he was doing as he'd been there and done it before.

Last season the ST push was all built around Coppell's appointment and a push for an eventual promotion...that was a perfectly understandable strategy...which makes his replacement by KM all the more baffling to me...I quite accept that he has his supporters on here.

You're right to mention the ST sales pitches of recent years...last year the sales promotion was rescued by Coppell (and later DJ) adding zest. I can't see what the PR campaign could be built around this year...and I can see ST sales falling. There'll be 2 less bought in my household...a tough year ahead and not much value being got out of this year's STs

You say that but we actually have a better squad on papaer than quite a few teams in this division and should be alot higher in the table than our current standing! we are a top 10 championship team hence the reason we have finished 4th, 10th and 10th since we have been in the division! we havent yet finished outside of the top 10! this just shows how lazy our current batch of players are or maybe its somthing else behind the scenes that we dont know about? either way we as a club are under achieving greatly and it really gets to me and many other fans! look at Swansea for example, we got promoted a year before them yet they are now miles ahead of us in every single department, WHY? there not a bigger club? they dont exactly have better players?... fans have a right to be peeed off at the mo.

Take a look at how Swansea are run and you will see major differences. A good youth policy, coupled with a transfer policy that has a mix of freebies, loan signings, and well-targetted purchases. We froze out Trundle (Money for nothing), they took him on loan and got some value out of him, albeit in a limited role (A return on investment). Sums up the difference.

City have assembled an unbalanced squad of mediocre journeymen on high wages, and don't give youth players a chance to develop at first team level. Millens signings have started to reverse this trend, and maybe once safe, the like of Edwards and Jackson will get a chance to prove themselves - It will just take a few years to reverse the mistakes of previous Managers.

I'm feeling down as I've got nothing to feel happy about! We've gone backwards when at the beginning of the season I had high hopes. I was sold a Sunseeker boat and got a canoe.... And we are all in the canoe up sh*t creek without a paddle as we've also sold our Orr

Your last statement speaks volumes, both clubs have backed the rhetoric, by signing better players and seeking to progress whilst playing attractive attacking football. Our expectation in my humble opinion, should be to consolidate as a top 10 Championship side, improving incrementally by producing more of our own young players, who are good enough to move the club forward. We were spolied by getting to a Play-Off final in our first season back at this level, and most of us realistically accept that we are nowhere near emulating that extraordinary feat now. Accepting that may be all the easier if we saw more gutsy free flowiung exciting football played by our lads at AG.

Your last statement speaks volumes, both clubs have backed the rhetoric, by signing better players and seeking to progress whilst playing attractive attacking football. Our expectation in my humble opinion, should be to consolidate as a top 10 Championship side, improving incrementally by producing more of our own young players, who are good enough to move the club forward. We were spolied by getting to a Play-Off final in our first season back at this level, and most of us realistically accept that we are nowhere near emulating that extraordinary feat now. Accepting that may be all the easier if we saw more gutsy free flowiung exciting football played by our lads at AG.

Everyone wants the club to do well, its more frustration rather than negativity. We started the season with an exciting manager and added some good players to the squad this season yet we haven't improved as a club. Surely with fans paying up to £28 for a ticket down the Gate, the frustration is bound to build up over a season like this, especially with the home form the way its been this season.

I think that if we stay up this season we have a good foundation, James, Adomah, Stead, Pittman, Maynard, Eliiott, Fontaine, plus Rose and Caulker if we could get them for a another season. With a few additions to a foundation like that we could be right up there next season. We need 6 or 7 wins this season I don't care how we get them, because if we don't the frustration we feel now will only be a pittance of how we would feel in league 1!

It's understandable for fans to feel down. It feels like the rug has been pulled from under our feet.

People were all doom and gloom last season, because we were playing unattractive football under GJ and struggling. We survived, when the players started playing again when GJ left.

Pre Season, SL goes actively looking for a manager. He approaches SC ( remember SC never applied for the City job ) and is persuaded to come on board. On paper it looks a good aquisition. Then talk of the New Stadium, World Cup football in Bristol, Signing DJ, the associated press are mighty impressed. Pundits have us as dark horses to go up...expectations of more quality signings once DJ arrived etc,etc,etc. Allusions of grandeur...the world was a Rosy place.

The rest we know is history. Poor old KM is lumbered with a poor squad, SL goes hiding, unless it's talk of the new stadium, and the honest fan is expected to watch a crock of shite, whilst struggling to make ends meet. Turns up at AG, and see's Berty Big Bollocks wannabe gangsta rapper, sliding out of his blinged up pimp mobile, giving it the big time charlie act, then put in an inept performance on the field. And i'm meant to feel an affinity with this Club and it's players? Gell on...

It's understandable for fans to feel down. It feels like the rug has been pulled from under our feet.

People were all doom and gloom last season, because we were playing unattractive football under GJ and struggling. We survived, when the players started playing again when GJ left.

Pre Season, SL goes actively looking for a manager. He approaches SC ( remember SC never applied for the City job ) and is persuaded to come on board. On paper it looks a good aquisition. Then talk of the New Stadium, World Cup football in Bristol, Signing DJ, the associated press are mighty impressed. Pundits have us as dark horses to go up...expectations of more quality signings once DJ arrived etc,etc,etc. Allusions of grandeur...the world was a Rosy place.

The rest we know is history. Poor old KM is lumbered with a poor squad, SL goes hiding, unless it's talk of the new stadium, and the honest fan is expected to watch a crock of shite, whilst struggling to make ends meet. Turns up at AG, and see's Berty Big Bollocks wannabe gangsta rapper, sliding out of his blinged up pimp mobile, giving it the big time charlie act, then put in an inept performance on the field. And i'm meant to feel an affinity with this Club and it's players? Gell on...

Spot on!!

Bloody soooooo negative on this forum

Crazy isn't it? The season promised so much back in June/July and here we are in a relegation battle. I can't understand why people are so downbeat....

On the plus side I haven't seen one of these threads yet today:

Title:

Carlos Tevez.

Surely he could do a job for us? Seems to be at odds with Mancini. Why are we not in for players like this?

Crazy isn't it? The season promised so much back in June/July and here we are in a relegation battle. I can't understand why people are so downbeat....

On the plus side I haven't seen one of these threads yet today:

Title:

Carlos Tevez.

Surely he could do a job for us? Seems to be at odds with Mancini. Why are we not in for players like this?

Tevez, naaah Journeyman, changes his clubs like..................................

well said

You must feel an affinity to the club though , or you wouldn't come on this site?

You must feel an affinity to the club though , or you wouldn't come on this site?

I feel an affinity to what the Club holds dear to me...many a fond memory. TBH, At present i don't feel any enthusiasm towards the Club, players or management. I go out of misguided loyalty. In fact i don't have much affection towards modern football fullstop. It isn't what i want, or can feel a part of. It leaves me cold.

The various phrases keep popping up " Promise of jam tomorrow,high expectations,moving forward,club now going backwards,dross big time charlie wanna be's,ground plans dragging on at the cost of playing squad",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,After the club bigging its self up to put bums on seats people of course expected more as older fans will say we have listen to various plans ranging from the simply fantasy island stuff to the more cautious softly,softly thought out business plan............................... People don't want to be constantly negative its just that its so obvious that money rules Cardiff and QPR have more fans this season because they have put money in or blagged it and gone for promotion,, so many have pointed out the price of paying on the day the walk up punter is not commited to the club some people go when they can due to various reasons others because of the opposition factor Leeds Utd are this seasons Newcastle Utd.................... It really is time for strong leadership on and off the pitch at the moment the entire season is one that i can't wait to end just clawing the vital points needed to remain in the Championship....

The various phrases keep popping up " Promise of jam tomorrow,high expectations,moving forward,club now going backwards,dross big time charlie wanna be's,ground plans dragging on at the cost of playing squad",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,After the club bigging its self up to put bums on seats people of course expected more as older fans will say we have listen to various plans ranging from the simply fantasy island stuff to the more cautious softly,softly thought out business plan............................... People don't want to be constantly negative its just that its so obvious that money rules Cardiff and QPR have more fans this season because they have put money in or blagged it and gone for promotion,, so many have pointed out the price of paying on the day the walk up punter is not commited to the club some people go when they can due to various reasons others because of the opposition factor Leeds Utd are this seasons Newcastle Utd.................... It really is time for strong leadership on and off the pitch at the moment the entire season is one that i can't wait to end just clawing the vital points needed to remain in the Championship....

Fair play to QPR...although like you say it's all about money, at least their owner has put it all into the playing and coaching staff wisely.

Watching Prem football, at a jam packed Loftus rd, which only holds 18000 ish, right next to the pitch, will be a fantastic experience.

Mind you, they are 0-1 down right now, after a certain Mr Orr failed to get his foot on a cross.

Archived