IGNORED

Andy Gray Sacked By Sky

downendcity

""Gray was sueing Murdoch for phone hacking. What did he expect""

What?

Never heard that. Whats that all about?

Basically, there's this Coulson-gate thing. When he ran News of the Screws, there was a lot of controversy over phone-hacking. Hundreds of famous people. One of them was apparently Andy Gray, hence he is suing News International over it. Since Murdoch will soon probably own BSkyB (he currently owns a decent chunk, but not all) of it the dots are easily joinable.

A pity I think. Gray was one of the few pundits who didn't make me want to hurl something at the telly, his insights were usually interesting even if he did have far too much tolerance for diving pussies and a fairly comprehensive misunderstanding of refereeing. The BBC should hire him to replace Lawrenson and Shearer.

On the plus side maybe Sky will replace Andy Gray with a female presenter? Hopefully one with really big tits.

Spot on, he made out he knew it all, after seeing 7 replays would slag off all officials but never give them credit when they got it right.

Idiot!

Exactly, after the 7th freeze frame he would note that the left leg was in an offside position and the linesman was wrong!!

The best thing is, the lineswoman's decision was correct and Gray was wrong!

PC Brigade 1 Andy Gray 0, what a joke this pathetic country is. Women my dinners not on the table yet, you still washing your yellow flag. :surrender:

read the link in my post above. this has nothing to do with political correctness. We're talking about a company that employs female presenters based on there blonde hair and tits. Surely people can see that.

Yes indeed. Balugae (sp) is on it I believe, and who are the others?

Mark Bolton presents, the likes of Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter- proper journalists who know their stuff and can actually communicate - in fact Balague's English is better than the likes of Rednapp, Merson and the other morons. The ex-players involved are far better than those used for the Prem coverage.

Sorry gang but I am 68 years old and the world has gone mad !

Go to your local pub tonight and you will hear all the comments which get these guys sacked ( Gray is not the first ) over and over.

These were off air comments so who cares.

Next thing hundreds will get a lifetime ban from AG for singing " the referees a ****** "

God help my grandchildren in a politically correct society.

Sorry gang but I am 68 years old and the world has gone mad !

Go to your local pub tonight and you will hear all the comments which get these guys sacked ( Gray is not the first ) over and over.

These were off air comments so who cares.

Next thing hundreds will get a lifetime ban from AG for singing " the referees a ****** "

God help my grandchildren in a politically correct society.

I'm with SC-Red, it's not about that. They just wanted him out. i bet he has made loads of comments off air, but they chose to hang him with this one. Very convenient.

Pathetic decision and just a case of sky bowing down to the PC brigade. Complete and utter horse crap.

Either way, he'll no doubt be working for ESPN by the end of the season no doubt for alot more money, already does work for them for US, so just a matter of time until he works on their UK stuff.

Won't effect him in the slightest

Thank god, the guy got right on my nerves and chatted a load of rubbish. Thought he knew everything, never realized unlike the officials he had cameras to look back over fouls etc and always gave them a hard time over it. Hope the bloke is never heard of again.

Luckily I haven't lived at home for a few years, in respect of having my ears abused by this bloke. He was an ok forward that overchieved as a pro and a failure as a manager. He took the easy way out and took Sky's money for way way way way to long and that was the fault of Sky.

A new face I suspect will do everyone some good and Andy Grey can go ahead and retire!

Have to say I'm surprised but good on sky sports for coming out and saying this type of comment will simply not be tolerated.

Sorry but sky have gone too far. The female in question made andy gray look stupid by making a big decision in the game and getting the offside spot on.

Was she hurt by these comments? no - her reputation is enhanced, she's proved she is good at her job. Did Andy Gray really deserve to lose his??

One last time.

Gray wasnt sacked for the comments. He was sacked because he's sueing his employer (Murdoch) for hacking his phone.

This was just leaked to give them an excuse to get rid of him.

Listen to the tapes. At the Wolves game it was Keys and the other bloke feeding him stuff and getting a reaction from him and the Charlotte Jackson thing was ages ago and just a silly comment to a colleague. Wouldnt surprise me if Keys and the other bloke were paid to stitch him up.

The 2 main culprits got a suspension. Gray got sacked. Only one reason for that and its nothing to do with what was said.

One last time.

Gray wasnt sacked for the comments. He was sacked because he's sueing his employer (Murdoch) for hacking his phone.

This was just leaked to give them an excuse to get rid of him.

Listen to the tapes. At the Wolves game it was Keys and the other bloke feeding him stuff and getting a reaction from him and the Charlotte Jackson thing was ages ago and just a silly comment to a colleague. Wouldnt surprise me if Keys and the other bloke were paid to stitch him up.

The 2 main culprits got a suspension. Gray got sacked. Only one reason for that and its nothing to do with what was said.

One last time PC Brigade :laugh: as if i give a flying

Mark Bolton presents, the likes of Guillem Balague and Graham Hunter- proper journalists who know their stuff and can actually communicate - in fact Balague's English is better than the likes of Rednapp, Merson and the other morons. The ex-players involved are far better than those used for the Prem coverage.

Ah yeah, I know who you mean now. Absolutely, all 3 of those journalists excellent. If only Sky could use them on Premier League coverage more often.

Failing that, I would recommend somebody such as James Richardson perhaps. Good on Italian football coverage and now the Guardian podcast.

The backlash is gathering momentum - interesting to note that even the PC BBC forum censors have been overwhelmed.

See 'Is Sexism Just for Men' debate on their website. A resounding 'Yes'. Bit of a wake up call for the PC brigade!

The backlash is gathering momentum - interesting to note that even the PC BBC forum censors have been overwhelmed.

See 'Is Sexism Just for Men' debate on their website. A resounding 'Yes'. Bit of a wake up call for the PC brigade!

Sorry, backlash against who/what ?

Archived