IGNORED

Backs To The Wall Mentality...

spudski

Actually that is not quite correct; Millen has been blaming his 'inheritance' on more than one occasion.

Very true, i was only just looking to find where he had said exactly that recently.

As for a minority on this forum feeling apathetic...I wouldn't say that is correct either. The general feeling with all City fans i've met seems this way.

Actually that is not quite correct; Millen has been blaming his 'inheritance' on more than one occasion.

Very true, i was only just looking to find where he had said exactly that recently.

As for a minority on this forum feeling apathetic...I wouldn't say that is correct either. The general feeling with all City fans i've met seems this way.

Very good and honest post, the problem this season is that the anti GJ brigade have now become the pro-Millen militia and defend that position at any cost however slim and they as you can see from virtually every post on this and other threads will not enter into the debate, their tactic is to just stifle the debate with abuse at non believers and that is what is causing all of the antagonism on this forum.

As SB City said on another post, we don't win for 6 games get a result and straight we get 'who wants Millen sacked now threads' and then another 4, 5 or 6 games without a win and as soon as we win one straight away again it starts again.

Apart from a few I can't see many people thinking (including me) believing Millen should be sacked now, but we are entitled to a meaningful debate about it and not just threats and abuse and not have that debate stifled from the start.

well said. No wonder the club is so small time in its attitude. It's possible for the management of our club to be a fiasco and no blame be attached in some eyes to either the man coaching and picking the team or the man who's run the club for the best part of a decade. Must be the easiest Chairman role in world football!

Those of us questioning Millen's appointment from the start despair...this season has taken a sadly predictable course. The appointment of a guy with no profile and barely any experience was a gamble we didn't need to take. Despite wishing him well we've had a couple of great results but mostly dross. Nothing...nothing...to get excited about. KM should have gone before Christmas...a couple of good results in the run of consecutive home matches saved him. Time will tell whether that was a good thing or not.

The rewriting of history from the anti-GJ folk is laughable. A golden age compared to most of what went before and what's followed.

And I too was there in the 80s.

A backs to the wall mentality is needed on the pitch. Off it questions should be asked.

And what is wrong Millen stating a fact that is there for all, and not just Millen, to see?

If it was A.N. Other Manager we'd all no doubt be agreeing with him.

i refer you to the full point of fodbarmyarmy's thread.. go back up and read it.

as for your second comment; i for one would not; its a poor man who blames the tools of others 6 months in... in fact its downright disingenuous because its him as number 2 for the last 6 or 7 years... but thats missing the point of course.

Give me a link to this info. Actually don't bother just read all the threads on the official site and nowhere does it say Haynes WANTED TO GO!

A club can also say no to a player still under contract, like Blackpool with Adam or as with Harley the player can say no (to get a better deal).

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2271552,00.html

"think it's his belief that a fresh start at a new club will get his career back on track again"

"he was happy with the opportunity to move"

aka.......Millen wants more than happy for him to stay.....he wanted to go

Yes he has and Coppell made the exact same comment when he came in.

As have the vast majority of fans, unfortunately too many crap players are tied up on loan term contracts

well said. No wonder the club is so small time in its attitude. It's possible for the management of our club to be a fiasco and no blame be attached in some eyes to either the man coaching and picking the team or the man who's run the club for the best part of a decade. Must be the easiest Chairman role in world football!

Those of us questioning Millen's appointment from the start despair...this season has taken a sadly predictable course. The appointment of a guy with no profile and barely any experience was a gamble we didn't need to take. Despite wishing him well we've had a couple of great results but mostly dross. Nothing...nothing...to get excited about. KM should have gone before Christmas...a couple of good results in the run of consecutive home matches saved him. Time will tell whether that was a good thing or not.

The rewriting of history from the anti-GJ folk is laughable. A golden age compared to most of what went before and what's followed.

A backs to the wall mentality is needed on the pitch. Off it questions should be asked.

Best post in a while

In short

Appointing GJ = good decision

Sacking GJ = Bad decision

Appointing SC = Good Decision although it wents t**s up

Appointing KM = Bad Decision

Lets hope he gets the next decision right (and soon) as many have pointed out relegation will be a lot more expensive for him personally than any of us.

I agree with most of this post. Well thought out.

Going back to the apathy of the fans...I think a lot of it boils down to the fact that most folk are working class lads and look forward to supporting City as a light relief away from the pressures of the 'real world'. Unfortunately for most passionate fans, going to support City, ends up being more depressing and effects how we feel for the rest of the week.

I know many who have said, they can't be doing with it anymore, because of these reasons. They are not glory hunters. They want to support the club, but be entertained, feel they've had good value for money, feel connected to the club and players, while many have said, they have never felt so remote from their own club.Many feel let down.

http://www.bcfc.co.u...2271552,00.html

"think it's his belief that a fresh start at a new club will get his career back on track again"

"he was happy with the opportunity to move"

aka.......Millen wants more than happy for him to stay.....he wanted to go

Not true at all read exactly what it says. Barnsley made an offer which we accepted by the club and that was put to the player who also accepted, in no way does it say Haynes asked to leave or Millen offered him for sale, it just says it was a situation that suited both clubs at the time and also bearing in mind the club could have said 'no he's not for sale' or the player could have said 'no I want to stay'.

, but we are entitled to a meaningful debate about it and not just threats and abuse and not have that debate stifled from the start.

Here here Brother....:clapping:

Maybe its a sad reflection on the way life is today.......its all give me what "I"want or believe in or F off

Take the Stand up thread...............no consideration for others ......just "If I want to stand I will"

Not true at all read exactly what it says. Barnsley made an offer which we accepted by the club and that was put to the player who also accepted, in no way does it say Haynes asked to leave or Millen offered him for sale, it just says it was a situation that suited both clubs at the time and also bearing in mind the club could have said 'no he's not for sale' or the player could have said 'no I want to stay'.

The player could have said he wanted to stay......he didn't and left promptly.

That is what happened......regardless of your view.

Every player has a price, he wanted to go and has

The player could have said he wanted to stay......he didn't and left promptly.

That is what happened......regardless of your view.

Every player has a price, he wanted to go and has

And that last sentence is your view because you have no idea what Millen said to him behind closed doors; he might have made it abundantly clear that he would probably be bench warming at the least or maybe that he was not in his future plans at worst. Either way Millen clearly had pressure to reduce his wage bill before bringing someone in. The sooner you start realising the city web site is an avenue to put out public announcements and what the club deems correct for the fans to hear and not that it is FACT the sooner we can all have a more meaningful debate with you.

And theres me thinking we stuffed Cardiff 3-0 only 3 weeks ago!

Wasnt it about this time last year we got beaten by the same side 0-6

:rolleyes:

firstly, Cardiff have been shocking the last couple of months

secondly, its just one game

thirdly, it was only a couple of months ago we were beating Middleborough 2-1........

And theres me thinking we stuffed Cardiff 3-0 only 3 weeks ago!

Wasnt it about this time last year we got beaten by the same side 0-6

:rolleyes:

yeah it was. We were 11th at the time with 4 more points than we have now and we'd played 2 games less.

no point looking back to the good old days now though Bill. Try to look forwards.

yeah it was. We were 11th at the time with 4 more points than we have now and we'd played 2 games less.

no point looking back to the good old days

now though Bill. Try to look forwards.

Then we went into freefall and Donny puts 5 past us.

I'm always looking forward as you well know.

No doom and gloom from this kiddie, 18 games to go,Maynard to return soon and then KM can get his squad sorted for next season.

Then we went into freefall and Donny puts 5 past us.

I'm always looking forward as you well know.

No doom and gloom from this kiddie, 18 games to go,Maynard to return soon and then KM can get his squad sorted for next season.

it's like Top trumps your 6 against Cardiff and 5 against Donny, how about 3 against Millwall, 3 against Norwich, 3 against Sheff Weds and 4 against Middlesboro don't they count as a dicking at home?.

Archived