IGNORED

The Season Is Over, Relegation Avoided...

Evy11_BCFC

Warnock is an excellent manager and it would give him the chance to stay in London. Also, Caulker was recommended to Millen by Twentyman dont forget

Andy .. do you really think that Keef is sat at his desk waiting for the twenty pence nod of approval, before he makes an enquiry about a player.

I would've guessed that the Caulks and Rose info probably came from Wiggers or even heaven forbid a scout that watched him last year at Yeovil..

Will James be with us next year on the playing staff? He will be over 40 for one thing, and secondly I may be wrong but didn't he only sign a 12 month contract?

James has a clause in his contract that means if he plays one more game then the club have to offer him another year. Sounds to me like that would be put in by his side to ensure that as long as he feels up to it he can stay playing at the Gate?

Why would BCFC put this clause in as this would mean if they wanted to get rid they couldn't as long as he was playing regularly!

Interesting thing about the OP is the default position of 'release' for any younger player. If we reach safety with a few games to go, it would be nice to see the likes of Edwards and Jackson actually given a chance to prove themselves in the first team. As for the rest, I can't see too many of the other OOC players being given a contract, definitely Carey, with Gerken and Henderson I would like to keep both, but I'm not sure that they will re-sign. Personally, I would offer Henderson a deal, and start him as 1st choice, I think it will be better long-term that giving James another year. I think that much will depend on who is available and who we can actually shift. I just hope that we look at attracting up and coming players, use our Academy properly, maybe accept that survival is our main aim for a year or two, and build for the future in a far more sustainable fashion.

Andy .. do you really think that Keef is sat at his desk waiting for the twenty pence nod of approval, before he makes an enquiry about a player.

I would've guessed that the Caulks and Rose info probably came from Wiggers or even heaven forbid a scout that watched him last year at Yeovil..

Twentystone was asked about it on the radio, and he said he recommended him to Keith. Im just saying....

I can't see too many of the other OOC players being given a contract, definitely Carey,

I don't expect it will be a popular comment but I wouldn't give Carey a new contract. He'll be 35 this time next year, is injury prone and has noticeably slowed up.

I don't want to see City giving new contracts to long serving players out of sentiment like we seemed to do with Scott Murray's last season when he barely played.

The time has come for quite a brutal clear out and for financial responsibility to over ride emotional attachment and unless KM sees Louis as not only a first choice player next season but also one he is convinced has still got the fitness to complete the majority of games if required, then for me, unfortunately, his time is up.

I don't expect it will be a popular comment but I wouldn't give Carey a new contract. He'll be 35 this time next year, is injury prone and has noticeably slowed up.

I don't want to see City giving new contracts to long serving players out of sentiment like we seemed to do with Scott Murray's last season when he barely played.

The time has come for quite a brutal clear out and for financial responsibility to over ride emotional attachment and unless KM sees Louis as not only a first choice player next season but also one he is convinced has still got the fitness to complete the majority of games if required, then for me, unfortunately, his time is up.

Entirely agree. He has been living off past performances too long. While often treated as the saviour he has just as often been part of a defence leaking goals for fun. Furthermore he now tends to spend half of the season injured, a luxury we can't afford. Much the same can be said of McAllister.

For me though he is just part of a wider issue. While I was a supporter of Gary Johnson (why not after what he achieved?) I felt he had to go (though I was and still am uncomfortable with the role player power allegedly played in that). I felt a large part of his downfall was being too loyal for too long to the players who made the play off final, given that none of them have shown the same form or commitment they showed in that season since and slipped into their comfort zone. It's curious that Gary is seen by some as a ruthless manager yet he clung sentimentally to his boys regardless of performances. Not that they showed any gratitude for that misplaced loyalty.

I would be looking to ship out all of those remaining from those days as I can't help feeling they are too comfortable and to that extent poisoning the well. Whether Keith has the courage to be ruthless or wants to be the players' mate remains to be seen though. His recent remarks about McAllister being brilliant suggest not I'm afraid and I fear the usual suspects will still be here next season; though in what division who knows?

I've said I hope he is successful from the outset and I've never strayed from that view.

I support KM at matches but I will certainly question the wisdom of appointing him on here.

Supporters actually want what's best for their club, it's not a question of accepting every decision by the Chairman with blind loyalty even though your gut feeling was it was wrong, and the club is struggling badly.

You cut out my worries about ST sales when you quoted me - my impression is that the Chairman will get the biggest shock of his tenure at the club when renewals are requested. What I'm reading on forums and hearing first hand is that this season has been the final straw for many long term fans - they've simply had enough and will not be renewing. There is no doubt that the choice of manager is a part of their disillusionment.

I will be renewing by the way, whoever the manager is, and whatever division we're in, because I have blind faith and loyalty to Bristol City Football Club - but that doesn't necessarily include it's employees.

Tell me Bill, if the bad results continue at what point will your faith in KM be shaken, and should City be actually relegated will you still support the decision to appoint KM as manager?dunno.gif

No obligation to reply Bill, but I'd be interested to know your thoughts on this.

Earlier this season I might have agreed about Carey, but he was pretty solid at Palace and Forest. He may not play every game, but I think he still has one more season left in him, and provides good cover in two positions.

I'm not sure that Gary's main fault was over-loyalty, of the starting XI, by the end Basso, Noble, Trundle, McIndoe, Adebola and Carle had gone. The back 4 remained (Carey, Fonts, McAllister and Orr), and have generally done OK, even McAllister - just see how much we have missed him lately. That leaves Elliott who has not progressed at all. He never replaced McIndoe properly, managed to fall out with Basso, somehow let Adebola leave, and failed to get much out of Trundle. He seemed to spend an awful lot of money on replacements, without ever really improving things, or getting any balance into the squad. He focussed too much on 'experience', so we never looked at up and coming players, ignored Academy youngsters, and seemed to struggle with any players other than reliable, hard-working pros. (Trundle, Stuyvar, Sno, Akinde, Saborio, anyone associated with the Academy)

Just seen this, my whole belief is that you don't judge a manager until he has has sufficient time in the job.

I find it ludicrous that some on here wanted him out after 10 games.

Gary Johnson had a FAR worse start than KM and the fans stuck with him, so why know are there some on here who want KM out.

My thoughts are that we are only just past the halfway mark of the season and a lot can still happen.

None of us can predict what the last 18 games have in store, but it's up to us to

support the team and manager and hope we can climb the table.

All this Relegation talk is just panic imo, it's 46 games that we play, so let's see where we are then.

The alternative to KM is hiring another one

of those failed managers that are out there waiting. There only waiting for a job because they weren't good enough (FAILED) in there last one.

6 of the 7 teams below us have changed there manager this season, where has that

got them?

When any club goes through a dodgy phase it seems that some throw the towel in and panics.

Others get behind the club and support, I know which camp I'm in.

Just seen this, my whole belief is that you don't judge a manager until he has has sufficient time in the job.

I find it ludicrous that some on here wanted him out after 10 games.

Gary Johnson had a FAR worse start than KM and the fans stuck with him, so why know are there some on here who want KM out.

My thoughts are that we are only just past the halfway mark of the season and a lot can still happen.

None of us can predict what the last 18 games have in store, but it's up to us to

support the team and manager and hope we can climb the table.

All this Relegation talk is just panic imo, it's 46 games that we play, so let's see where we are then.

OK, it looks like you don't see relegation as a genuine threat so you're not really considering it or what might be done to lessen the possibility.

I wouldn't say that those of us who worry about relegation are panicking exactly, it clearly could happen.

I don't think recognising that in any way indicates a lesser support of the club.

If City were to be relegated would you still maintain KM was the right choice?

Been out of the country for a couple of days on business...which must have been a relief for Jordan Tansley's blood pressure...

Well, I didn't exactly expect to come back to Keith's new signings...is he still looking for that left back and creative midfielder?...jam tomorrow?...(or on Monday?)

but we do have a fact...we flogged a striker when one of our front men was injured...and now we're short up front.

Doesn't so himself any favours does he?

How inept can the management of this club get?

OK, it looks like you don't see relegation as a genuine threat so you're not really considering it or what might be done to lessen the possibility.

I wouldn't say that those of us who worry

about relegation are panicking exactly, it clearly could happen.

I don't think recognising that in any way indicates a lesser support of the club.

If City were to be relegated would you still

maintain KM was the right choice?

It's pretty obvious that he would have failed if we were relegated. But unless you give people a chance then you will never know how good they are at a job.

When Johnson went I stated on here that O Driscoll would be my choice.

I support all City managers unless they lose the plot, KM hasnt, he's seems an honest decent bloke, and I hope he's successful.

Been out of the country for a couple of days on business...which must have been a relief for Jordan Tansley's blood pressure...

Well, I didn't exactly expect to come

back to Keith's new signings...is he still looking for that left back and creative midfielder?...jam tomorrow?...(or on Monday?)

but we do have a fact...we flogged a striker when one of our front men was injured...and now we're short up front.

Doesn't so himself any favours does he?

How inept can the management of this club get?

you have obviously been mis informed whilst abroad. Haynes went before last Saturday, Haynes wanted to leave us.

Stead found out midweek that he needed an operation, a week after the Haynes deal was done.

You were obviously not one of the many on here who was glad Haynes was going then?.

But of course it must ALL be KM's fault!!!

A few of you on here are keen on statistics so here are a couple.

Millen has been manager for 36 Championshp games, during which we have accumulated 50 points.

During GJ's last season in the job he was manager for 37 games, during which he accumulated ...... 45 points.

So on the last 2 seasons Millen is the better manager right?

Another one.

Millen's points per game works out at 1.39.

Johnson, inaccurately lauded by some as City's greatest ever manager, managed 129 Championship games for 180 points, which works out at.... 1.39 per game.

you have obviously been mis informed whilst abroad. Haynes went before last Saturday, Haynes wanted to leave us.

Stead found out midweek that he needed an operation, a week after the Haynes deal was done.

You were obviously not one of the many on here who was glad Haynes was going then?.

But of course it must ALL be KM's fault!!!

pretty neutral on Haynes to be honest...good on Football Manager! Bit headless chicken.

Stead's been unfit for a bit. I was only away for two days. It's laughable to let one striker go and then lament the fact that a long standing injury to another leaves you short...had no one checked out the long term prognosis on John Stead? This is a multi-million pound business after all.

All fine of course if they have someone better than Haynes in the wings...maybe they do?

pretty neutral on Haynes to be honest...good on Football Manager! Bit headless chicken.

Stead's been unfit for a bit. I was only away for two days. It's laughable to let one striker go and then lament the fact that a long

standing injury to another leaves you short...had no one checked out the long term prognosis on John Stead? This is a multi-million pound business after all.

All fine of course if they have someone better than Haynes in the wings...maybe they do?

Well, we have been told on many occasions that we have to sell before buying.

Haynes went for ( whether true I don't know)£400,000. So we now have a little to spend.

The player KM tried to bring in on loan but was quoted a fee for!! Was a striker I heard, and that was at the same time as Haynes went.

It still could be an interesting couple days.

Archived