IGNORED

Blackpool Target Elliott As Adams Replacement

sh1t_ref_again

According to Caugt off side

Due to the shoe-string budget that Blackpool have to play with it is rumoured that Marvin Elliott, the athletic Bristol City central midfielder, has been scouted by Blackpool as a potential replacement to Charlie Adam should the talk of his transfer to Liverpool come to fruition. No official approach has been made by the Lancashire club but it is thought that City value Elliott at around £1m which may prove to be a stumbling block

Could leave us very short in midfield if true

According to Caugt off side

Due to the shoe-string budget that Blackpool have to play with it is rumoured that Marvin Elliott, the athletic Bristol City central midfielder, has been scouted by Blackpool as a potential replacement to Charlie Adam should the talk of his transfer to Liverpool come to fruition. No official approach has been made by the Lancashire club but it is thought that City value Elliott at around £1m which may prove to be a stumbling block

Could leave us very short in midfield if true

Would BITE their hand off for a million.

Marv might just make a Premier League player if only a manager would play him in his correct position i.e. as protection for defence. God only knows why he's not been given that role - and only that role - for the entirety of his career here ... I just cannot believe that anyone sees him as an attacking midfielder. Chase people, pressure them, win the ball, give it to the players in the team with skill and flair a la Shaun Derry at QPR, that should be Marvin's job.

Marv might just make a Premier League player if only a manager would play him in his correct position i.e. as protection for defence. God only knows why he's not been given that role - and only that role - for the entirety of his career here ... I just cannot believe that anyone sees him as an attacking midfielder. Chase people, pressure them, win the ball, give it to the players in the team with skill and flair a la Shaun Derry at QPR, that should be Marvin's job.

+1

I read that completely wrong, I thought you were saying Derry was a flair player for a minute! Was just about to question your sanity!

so if the prem really is worth all this money, why are blackpool on a shoestring budget?

they've put a limit of 10k a week on all players so they don't go bankrupt basically, which means Stead and Pitman must be on £££ along with James, Maynard and others!

£1,000,000 would be a stupidly good price for Elliott, for us

they've put a limit of 10k a week on all players so they don't go bankrupt basically, which means Stead and Pitman must be on £££ along with James, Maynard and others!

£1,000,000 would be a stupidly good price for Elliott, for us

i heard pitman only got offered 2.5k a week at b'pool. i cant imagine him being on more than 10k a week here

bloody hell haven't heard that! Yeah true, i'd imagine maybe around 5-6k maybe, Stead will be on a fair bit though

i think that his basic will be around 7k but with appearance money etc, probably more like 10k a week if he gets a game/scores etc.

but if it is true, bite hollowheads hand off, 1mill, i'd give marv a piggy back up there.

Can't see this happening at all, Holloway's very good at picking talent up and Marvs form hasn't exactly been good lately*.

*Substitute the phrase "lately" with "for the last two years"!

Elliot had a fantastic first season with us but has gone down hill ever since. His first touch is awful and he has a non-existent passing ability. Premiershit. You're having a laugh.

*Substitute the phrase "lately" with "for the last two years"!

Elliot had a fantastic first season with us but has gone down hill ever since. His first touch is awful and he has a non-existent passing ability. Premiershit. You're having a laugh.

agree. plays on his rep

Archived