IGNORED

Coaching And Scouting Staff...

spudski

Your changing history mate, Ronnie Moran, Roy Evans and Souness all either promoted from within or brought in as an ex player and all failures, ergo the policy of jobs for the boys ended.

Bloody harsh on Roy evans considering how little backing he had, I personally feel that had evans been given the backing afforded to houlier Liverpool would have refound their winning mentality!

Bloody harsh on Roy evans considering how little backing he had, I personally feel that had evans been given the backing afforded to houlier Liverpool would have refound their winning mentality!

Roy Evans became probably the first and only manager in Liverpool's history to lose the backing of the fans and went on to do what?

Roy Evans became probably the first and only manager in Liverpool's history to lose the backing of the fans and went on to do what?

I'm just say that considering the money he was given and the challenge of competing with united, he did a good job getting Liverpool playing attractive football with a young english side.

They had some good finishes and I'm sure those fans who did lose patience would agree that it was better under that Roy than the last one!

And he achieved plenty more than most in his career, not neccessarily in management, but as a coach he was highly respected by some of liverpools greatest managers!

I'm just say that considering the money he was given and the challenge of competing with united, he did a good job getting Liverpool playing attractive football with a young english side.

They had some good finishes and I'm sure those fans who did lose patience would agree that it was better under that Roy than the last one!

And he achieved plenty more than most in his career, not neccessarily in management, but as a coach he was highly respected by some of liverpools greatest managers!

Yep, after all 'the last one' only won the champions league, what a millstone to have on your CV.

When the chairman announces at a meeting the academy is working and cites Skuse and a couple of nobodies as proof, then expect the club to continue to close its eyes and put its hands over its ears to the problem. Like the suggestion about Carey becomming a coach here, it's absolutely nailed on and that is the problem. We never spend money in the right areas, we still have a crisis in midfield, yet we look to make getting a striker in as priority. When was the last time we spent a million or 2 on a centre half or midfielder, never.

Top post Sir, if we had spent a couple of £million strengthening the central midfield then we'd probably have 10 points more than we now have. We'd be looking at the play-offs instead of worrying about relegation. I still can't believe this club let Paul Hartley go without finding a worthy replacement. Perhaps Keith Millen and Co should get on the 'phone to Glasgow Celtic and ask if they've got another player like Paul Hartley that we could buy before the transfer deadline.

Maybe it's just me but we have nearly the whole South West to get talent from,

Torquay,Plymouth,Exeter,Yeovil,Cheltenham,Rovers and Bournemouth all have thriving Centre of Excellence's.

The young talent is all being picked up by these clubs.

My lad is at Yeovil and there's lads there from as far away as Salisbury,Clevedon and The far south of Dorset.

Its always seemed to us down here that City focus solely on Bristol.

Plymouth,Yeovil and Exeter are very active in this area.

City are now taking an interest I hear, and about time.

Torquay,Plymouth,Exeter,Yeovil,Cheltenham,Rovers and Bournemouth all have thriving Centre of Excellence's.

The young talent is all being picked up by these clubs.

My lad is at Yeovil and there's lads there from as far away as Salisbury,Clevedon and The far south of Dorset.

Its always seemed to us down here that City focus solely on Bristol.

Plymouth,Yeovil and Exeter are very active in this area.

City are now taking an interest I hear, and about time.

thats not true city have always picked up lads from south wales ,gloucester ,dursley etc

oooops, I forgot about uncle Roy. Now there would be a good candidate for director of football if were looking for one, especially given his past association with BCFC or would that be 'jobs for the boys'???????????

Ha, I personally think another coach would be more beneficial, a director of football is usually in charge of transfers and Millen and Wigley have my trust in that department, the worrying thing is player development/stagnation.

The jobs for boys comment has been focused on too much in this thread, I think most people acknowledge that there is something missing/wrong with our coaching department and there has been for some time. I'm a big fan of Millen, I just wonder if we need somebody fresh and new to help educate and improve our defence? Millen probably no longer has as much time to concentrate specifically on the training, and being slightly ignorant, I do not know what Wigley's area of coaching expertise is...

I'm not "slating" our coaches as such, just questioning whether it is an area we could perhaps improve?

Ha, I personally think another coach would be more beneficial, a director of football is usually in charge of transfers and Millen and Wigley have my trust in that department, the worrying thing is player development/stagnation.

The jobs for boys comment has been focused on too much in this thread, I think most people acknowledge that there is something missing/wrong with our coaching department and there has been for some time. I'm a big fan of Millen, I just wonder if we need somebody fresh and new to help educate and improve our defence? Millen probably no longer has as much time to concentrate specifically on the training, and being slightly ignorant, I do not know what Wigley's area of coaching expertise is...

I'm not "slating" our coaches as such, just questioning whether it is an area we could perhaps improve?

Agree with this, and wish to highlight again for those on this thread who may not agree, it was Millen himself who said last year, that sometimes a new face on the training ground is a good thing, as it brings fresh ideas.

A director of football would be a disaster now. If you go down that route, you do it when you bring in the new manager....if you do it after, you are undermining that manager and showing a lack of faith. As soon as this happens, the manager could then go on to lose the faith of the players

Archived