IGNORED

Bednar

Ryan_BCFC

No way have we blundered blindly into the last day of the window without having a couple of possibilities lined up......have we!?

Sure that KM has at least one more option up front on the go. Looking forward to today, have two appraisals to write up and get done, an assignment to finish and a meeting to get ready for on Wednesday. I can do all that tomorrow though, can't I!

No way have we blundered blindly into the last day of the window without having a couple of possibilities lined up......have we!?

Sure that KM has at least one more option up front on the go. Looking forward to today, have two appraisals to write up and get done, an assignment to finish and a meeting to get ready for on Wednesday. I can do all that tomorrow though, can't I!

Millen will have his targets. Its not as easy as saying I want him, him and him.

Theres a lot of agreement to be reached and any number of things can go wrong. Its like selling a house. You can have a buyer and have a house you want to buy but if the chain breaks down three links up it can all collapse through nobodys fault.

I'd rather Millen knew who he wanted and tried to get them which is what I'm sure he is doing. I dont want him signing someone below par just becase fans expect it and he couldnt get who he wanted.

But he may join when the loan window opens again in a week. Read the subtext. (Sorry if i'm being really stupid here)

To me it seems the club are interested in Bednar and will continue to be ...

Mayb in the summer he will join on a perm deal ...

The player didnt want to join at this time, and wants to establish himself in the prem given the chance :)

On the back of this:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6718228,00.html?

Championship side Bristol City had a £1.2million offer accepted for the Czech Republic international by the Baggies, but Bednar did not want to go to the West Country and will now help his new club in the Turkish Super Lig.

The 27-year-old was surplus to requirements in Roberto Di Matteo's squad, recently spending a month on loan at Leicester City, and with the door to a first-team return at The Hawthorns seemingly slammed shut, the hit-man has decided to make a fresh start.

West Brom sporting director Dan Ashworth told skysports.com: "Bristol City made an offer for Roman that we accepted but he refused the move.

"A Turkish club came in for him for a loan and offered a decent loan fee. We preferred to sell but sometimes you have to get the best deal for the club."

£1.2m seems excessive? Seems that we'd made a firm bid and not a loan bid but £1.2m?

Unfortunately, I think in this day and age 1.2 million is nothing at this level, that's if you want to do well. Times have moved on. Asking price's for players,has moved rapidly in the last few years.

For me, a good Championship side looking to gain promotion, are looking at paying 1 - 1.5 million for each starting position on average. And over £10,000 per week on wages per player. Ridiculous i know, but that's the state of World Football.

Lets face it...the guy has chosen to ply his trade in Turkey, over coming here. I wonder what the package offered was?

Unfortunately, I think in this day and age 1.2 million is nothing at this level, that's if you want to do well. Times have moved on. Asking price's for players,has moved rapidly in the last few years.

For me, a good Championship side looking to gain promotion, are looking at paying 1 - 1.5 million for each starting position on average. And over £10,000 per week on wages per player. Ridiculous i know, but that's the state of World Football.

Lets face it...the guy has chosen to ply his trade in Turkey, over coming here. I wonder what the package offered was?

Who cares, it was no doubt decent plus he gets nice weather and nice women. I would have done the same especially with no chance of glory at BCFC.

Who cares, it was no doubt decent plus he gets nice weather and nice women. I would have done the same especially with no chance of glory at BCFC.

I totally agree...But the worry for me, is again BCFC have put a bid in for a player ( 1.2 million ), who obviously imho, has put lifestyle over Football ambition.

Joining a team in the bottom third of the Turkish League, isn't going to better his career. So you wonder, has he gone for the money and lifestyle?

If so, why are we even contemplating buying such players with that mentality?

It's totally crazy. Have we put in an offer of 1.2 million without even sitting down and interviewing the player, to see where his heads at? You do wonder some times.

With the debacle of Coppell and Hartley, you do start to wonder sometimes, what's going on at City.

I totally agree...But the worry for me, is again BCFC have put a bid in for a player ( 1.2 million ), who obviously imho, has put lifestyle over Football ambition.

Joining a team in the bottom third of the Turkish League, isn't going to better his career. So you wonder, has he gone for the money and lifestyle?

It's totally crazy. Have we put in an offer of 1.2 million without even sitting down and interviewing the player, to see where his heads at? You do wonder some times.

With the debacle of Coppell and Hartley, you do start to wonder sometimes, what's going on at City.

Unbelievably, I agree with you too Spud. Bednar MAY have done alright had he signed, but he also had first-hand experience of our dire form against WBA in recent years, which probably made a move to Turkey look quite attractive despite City's interest.

Interesting point. Turkey is also a lot closer to Afghanistan where the wholesale price for his sunday 'diversion' is a lot less!

umm wouldn't interviewing a player before you have made any kind of bid or have any permission from the club to talk to the player, (which is what making a bid is, it's the selling club allowing the buying club to talk to the player) be tapping up and highly against the rules ?

You can only talk to a player once a bid has been accepted or their contract is near enough to it's end to allow them to discuss terms with anyone.

Bit harsh to criticise the club for simply following the rules.

umm wouldn't interviewing a player before you have made any kind of bid or have any permission from the club to talk to the player, (which is what making a bid is, it's the selling club allowing the buying club to talk to the player) be tapping up and highly against the rules ?

You can only talk to a player once a bid has been accepted or their contract is near enough to it's end to allow them to discuss terms with anyone.

Bit harsh to criticise the club for simply following the rules.

His Club were actively seeking to release him, as he was surplus to requirements. So it wouldn't be tapping up.

Archived