IGNORED

Andy Carroll >< Nicky Maynard

TBW

And Carroll isn't worth a quarter of that figure. Liverpool are pathetic and the game of football has sunk to new even lower levels today. Another chunk of my enthusiasm for the game is chipped away

Cant quite believe I have seen the day when Andy Carroll has been sold for £35m. Laughable!

If Andy Carroll is worth £35 million what is Nicky Maynard worth, they were pretty much on par with each other last season. Nicky's got to be at least worth £25 hasn't he? :tumbleweed:

As I just said to my Owls supporting mate, at £2m per goal going by last seasons tally (I can't be bothered to do exact maths) Maynard is now worth £45m. The world has gone mad!

I'm so glad I'm City. My Facebook is full of people who have never seen Liverpool play calling Torres a judas (for wanting to better himself?!) whereas I'm chuffed that Keith Millen has had the good sense to identify good players to better this club. I'm still unsure about the reasoning behind giving Millen a 3 year deal, but I want stability, and KM has an eye for a player. The joy that I'll get from watching Keogh and Woolford (hopefully) far outweighs what any of the people I mentioned will get from watching Andy Carroll ponce about in a Liverpool number 9.

And Carroll isn't worth a quarter of that figure. Liverpool are pathetic and the game of football has sunk to new even lower levels today. Another chunk of my enthusiasm for the game is chipped away

I think him and Wilshire are the future of the England team , maybe Kenny see's the same with Carroll, but £35m is questionable only time will tell.

I think him and Wilshire are the future of the England team , maybe Kenny see's the same with Carroll, but £35m is questionable only time will tell.

Maybe in time he will prove to be a top player, but right now he is unproven at Prem level, let alone international CL level. He scored less goals than at least two other players in the Championship last season, and has been in the Prem 5 minutes. Utterly, utterly, utterly ludicrous. In fact, disgusting. The game of football is dead from the game I grew up to love

Maybe in time he will prove to be a top player, but right now he is unproven at Prem level, let alone international CL level. He scored less goals than at least two other players in the Championship last season, and has been in the Prem 5 minutes. Utterly, utterly, utterly ludicrous. In fact, disgusting. The game of football is dead from the game I grew up to love

Less goals than Maynard, Chopra, Adam and Hooper.

Respect your opion, but i really think he can go on to be a special player, its a crazy world at the moment football is a just following suite.

Words really cannot describe how ridiculous this transfer is. I heard it on the radio today in work and firstly thought they said 13 million which i thought was probably about right. When my mate said no its 35 i really didnt believe him.

That sort of money would probably get you a world class striker on the continent, Forlan, Benzema, Milto, Fabiano to name but a few would probably go for that sort of money. MADNESS!

Words really cannot describe how ridiculous this transfer is. I heard it on the radio today in work and firstly thought they said 13 million which i thought was probably about right. When my mate said no its 35 i really didnt believe him.

That sort of money would probably get you a world class striker on the continent, Forlan, Benzema, Milto, Fabiano to name but a few would probably go for that sort of money. MADNESS!

According to these players valuations throughout the window - Forlan 9m, Fabiano 18m, benzema 20m - they could in theory have had any 2 of these....

Crazy stuff!

Chelsea have now spent in excess of 70m in one day completing deals for Torres 50m & David Luiz 20m... CRAZZZYY!!!

Compare the prices. Andy Carroll to Liverpool £35 million

David Villa to Barcelona £28 million.

I know which one I would have, and it's not Carroll.

I was taken to task on here for stating Daren Bent wasn't worth £18 million.

I apologise, I was wrong, he seems a bargain now.

Completely agree with your point Bill although some reports suggest Villa's move to Barca was upto £55m!!

However with Torres being his preferred strike partner since the Euro's in 2008 many speculated that L'pool were one of the few British clubs he would have considered joining..

This is just crazy!

Every year, the likes of Comic Relief gets thousands of people grafting and scraping together donations for charity and they tend to raise approx. £35million, and yet you get the likes of Chelsea are offering £50million and Liverpool offering £35million, which if spent properly would go to helping the inflicted and unfortunate. Instead, all we see happening, is knobs like Diouf, Carroll, Barton running around in their Chromed up Hummers/Range Rovers, spitting, fighting and acting obnoxiously.

Would any of this money go near the needy - not on your nelly ! Would they put any of it back into the game - not a chance! ...and it's all coming from our pockets through TV, Ticket pricing, replica shirts and any other way they can fleece us!

Disgusting amount of money and the sooner football goes bust the better - here's hoping that Chelsea, Liverpool Man City, and Man Utd all suffer, because they're the worst offenders!

This is just crazy!

Every year, the likes of Comic Relief gets thousands of people grafting and scraping together donations for charity and they tend to raise approx. £35million, and yet you get the likes of Chelsea are offering £50million and Liverpool offering £35million, which if spent properly would go to helping the inflicted and unfortunate. Instead, all we see happening, is knobs like Diouf, Carroll, Barton running around in their Chromed up Hummers/Range Rovers, spitting, fighting and acting obnoxiously.

Would any of this money go near the needy - not on your nelly ! Would they put any of it back into the game - not a chance! ...and it's all coming from our pockets through TV, Ticket pricing, replica shirts and any other way they can fleece us!

Disgusting amount of money and the sooner football goes bust the better - here's hoping that Chelsea, Liverpool Man City, and Man Utd all suffer, because they're the worst offenders!

Do you pay money to watch matches?

Do you pay a subscription to Sky tv?

Millions of us who do are just as responsible for this, we pay for it. If you don't like it, don't pay for it. If enough of you held your own little revolution then maybe things will change. In the meantime, as much as I hate the modern game with it's plastic seats, officious stewards, moneybags foreign owners, non contact, overpaid overhyped players I still bloody love it and it's great entertainment.

I'm going to continue with my Sky subscription for the moment bud, and as long as millions of us continue to do so, then year after year there'll be crazy transfers and millions of pounds exchanging hands.

You'll do well to remember that a lot of clubs, players and associations do actually put a hell of a lot of money into charity and community, and don't just line their own pockets.

So indirectly, my Sky money is in some very small way contributing to all of the good work that football puts in.

Do you pay money to watch matches?

Do you pay a subscription to Sky tv?

Millions of us who do are just as responsible for this, we pay for it. If you don't like it, don't pay for it. If enough of you held your own little revolution then maybe things will change. In the meantime, as much as I hate the modern game with it's plastic seats, officious stewards, moneybags foreign owners, non contact, overpaid overhyped players I still bloody love it and it's great entertainment.

I'm going to continue with my Sky subscription for the moment bud, and as long as millions of us continue to do so, then year after year there'll be crazy transfers and millions of pounds exchanging hands.

You'll do well to remember that a lot of clubs, players and associations do actually put a hell of a lot of money into charity and community, and don't just line their own pockets.

So indirectly, my Sky money is in some very small way contributing to all of the good work that football puts in.

Wouldn't you rather nominate and give to your chosen charity rather than let the club/players do it, and have lower ticket, merchandise, food, beer prices etc..?

Wouldn't you rather nominate and give to your chosen charity rather than let the club/players do it, and have lower ticket, merchandise, food, beer prices etc..?

I do.

But are you saying that if you didn't pay £xx per month for your Sky subscription you'd probably give it to charity instead?

If City reduced their prices by £10 per match, would you put £230 per year towards a charity instead?

You very well may do, but millions of others who put money into football probably wouldn't, so in the long run the charities would miss out.

I'm not saying I'm completely happy with the amount of money in football, but I don't complain about it either as I am part of it. If it wasn't for me and millions like me, this huge industry would not exist.

Archived