IGNORED

What A Joy To Watch...

spudski

...Swansea, the best footballing side i've seen at the Gate for many a year.

Fair play to them. They played us off the park, and it was like watching a Spanish league outfit.

Leon Britton, played just in front of their back four and controlled the game from start to finish. What a great little player.

If i was SL, i'd be saying 'I want some of that'. Get back to the drawing board, and get some Spanish coaches in. Learn to play attractive, controlled football.

Sometimes, you just have to hold your hands up, forget the result, and admire what the opposition has achieved.

I've got to the point now, where i go to watch City, and think, 'Right just enjoy, regardless of how we play or the result'. It's a lot less stressfull, and although we lost...I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.

Agree with everything you have said above Spud, spot on.

One question, why did we give them the time and space to play this way?!?!

When playing against a team like that who like to play passing football, you need to hurry and close down players continually, I know Skuse was injured but I would have gone for Cisse and Marv, it's not an ideal partnership but it at least has industry and determination, no creativity but we created NOTHING anyway with our "creative" midfielder playing.

Crap tactics, crap commitment, crap passion from some crap players, hats off to Swansea for showing us how to play, can't see them going up personally though.

Agree with everything you have said above Spud, spot on.

One question, why did we give them the time and space to play this way?!?!

When playing against a team like that who like to play passing football, you need to hurry and close down players continually, I know Skuse was injured but I would have gone for Cisse and Marv, it's not an ideal partnership but it at least has industry and determination, no creativity but we created NOTHING anyway with our "creative" midfielder playing.

Crap tactics, crap commitment, crap passion from some crap players, hats off to Swansea for showing us how to play, can't see them going up personally though.

Agreed...we had a period of about 5 mins at the start of the second half, where we closed them down and caused a few problems. But it was all huff and puff with no quality. I said to my old man, that Swansea would soak this up, continue to keep their shape, bide there time and score again...They did.

They continued to create space for themselves, even when we were harrying. Quick, one touch football, with plenty of movement off the ball. Loads of options for a pass.

Even there pass to feet, was always the furthest away from the closing defender. Simple things, that make so much difference, and creates just enough time to turn or pass.

City, don't even move into space for throw in's, let alone, during play. They all looked like Rabbits in headlights to me. Even simple throw in's are thrown at hip height, rather than feet. Simple school boy errors. We just don't have the quality of players, or imho, coaches that are able to point these things out.

As a city fan he/she thoroughly enjoyed tonight?.... Sorry, very easy to understand I should think? Take the sportsmanlike pc hat off for a sec and have a think. I've nothing against Swansea, but if I wanted to see a good side play I'd wax lyrical over one that hasn't just made us look every bit the pile of shit we are. How can you come away from the Gate tonight having enjoyed yourself??? Seriously

Fair play to them. They played us off the park, and it was like watching a Spanish league outfit.

Leon Britton, played just in front of their back four and controlled the game from start to finish. What a great little player.

If i was SL, i'd be saying 'I want some of that'. Get back to the drawing board, and get some Spanish coaches in. Learn to play attractive, controlled football.

Sometimes, you just have to hold your hands up, forget the result, and admire what the opposition has achieved.

I've got to the point now, where i go to watch City, and think, 'Right just enjoy, regardless of how we play or the result'. It's a lot less stressfull, and although we lost...I thoroughly enjoyed tonight.

God i wish i could be more like you! i got moaned at about 4 times because i was shouting to much and going mental! how anyone could just sit back and say nothing walst the players serve up that rubbish i dont know! fair play though!!

As for Swansea, what a breath of fresh air! i would love city to play like that LOVE it! they have over taken us big time for 1 reason or another!

As a city fan he/she thoroughly enjoyed tonight?.... Sorry, very easy to understand I should think? Take the sportsmanlike pc hat off for a sec and have a think. I've nothing against Swansea, but if I wanted to see a good side play I'd wax lyrical over one that hasn't just made us look every bit the pile of shit we are. How can you come away from the Gate tonight having enjoyed yourself??? Seriously

Because my faith was restored in watching some class football at this level. Yes, they made us look crap, but i did think to myself, if Swansea can do this, why can't we?

People bemoan the fact that you can't play a Continental style football in this League and be competitive. Swansea proved that you can.

Would you not like to watch football like that down the Gate, everyweek? Rather than the dross most Clubs in this league put out, week in, week out. Pure Entertainment.

If SL wants to put bums on seats at AV, then i'd try the Swansea route. Looks good to me.

God i wish i could be more like you! i got moaned at about 4 times because i was shouting to much and going mental! how anyone could just sit back and say nothing walst the players serve up that rubbish i dont know! fair play though!!

As for Swansea, what a breath of fresh air! i would love city to play like that LOVE it! they have over taken us big time for 1 reason or another!

I used to be like that many moons ago. It isn't worth it in the long run. Not good for your health or sanity. Far easier just to try and admire the football on display, try and enjoy it, and celebrate if City play well or win. I always try to see something positive from a game, whether it's an individual or the oppositions performance. I've found i enjoy watching City more, by having this way of watching the game. Otherwise, it can spoil the whole week, and get you seriously depressed. Works for me.

I used to be like that many moons ago. It isn't worth it in the long run. Not good for your health or sanity. Far easier just to try and admire the football on display, try and enjoy it, and celebrate if City play well or win. I always try to see something positive from a game, whether it's an individual or the oppositions performance. I've found i enjoy watching City more, by having this way of watching the game. Otherwise, it can spoil the whole week, and get you seriously depressed. Works for me.

I see what you mean! some great points and tips there mate! some that i'll deffinately take on board!! cheers fella.

Because my faith was restored in watching some class football at this level. Yes, they made us look crap, but i did think to myself, if Swansea can do this, why can't we?

People bemoan the fact that you can't play a Continental style football in this League and be competitive. Swansea proved that you can.

Would you not like to watch football like that down the Gate, everyweek? Rather than the dross most Clubs in this league put out, week in, week out. Pure Entertainment.

If SL wants to put bums on seats at AV, then i'd try the Swansea route. Looks good to me.

Swansea didn't make us look crap, we did that ourselves, we were absolutely dire tonight. Yes Swansea seem to be a good organised side, but as for the best team you have seen down here in many a year then you are talking out of your hat. When we actually started to work a little harder for about 15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half, they looked very ordinary and started to give the ball away alot, but then we took our foot off and let them play again. We were utter garbage tonight and if the players had any morals they should give there bloody wages to charity, because they don't deserve to be paid.

Of course I'd love to see us playing some nice, neat, passing and incisive football. Swansea played like we did the season we came back up to the Championship. I understand all of that. It's the bit about you coming away having "thoroughly enjoyed yourself" I can't get my head around.

Thanks for the praise. That's the best we've played for a while!! You just couldn't get the ball off us.

Must admit I would pay very good money to watch football being played properly to that level every week unlike the total abject rubbish that we have to put up with?

Pratley and Britton totally dominated our non existent midfield and Richards (Where did you get him from????) was a constant threat on the left.

Your performance was as good as ours was dire, just hope you play the same against our "mutual" friends Crapdiff on Sunday

• Admin

I can understand where the OP is coming from, West Ham spanked us 5-1 in Sept 92, loads of City fans walked out, I stayed, it was fantastic display that day by West Ham, the best football I'd seen in a long time at AG, whilst I took no enjoyment from our loss, that day I enjoyed watching class football.

swansea were a great footballing unit and passed us to death,

Why did it take city 47 minutes to put in a challenge?

Why didn't city find a red shirt with any passes?

Why did city lump the ball only for it to come back at us 30s later?

How can a team who got promoted the same time as us be so far ahead,

This club has been going backwards for a while now People are still blaming Johnson for this well theres been one consistant and that Millen.

The players look dis-intrested and defeated before kick-off,

If 11th wasn't good enough under Johnson why is 19th good enough under millen?

I actually think I have heard it all now.

I can understand you saying how good a team Swansea are and how well they played, but you actually enjoyed it last night....as a City supporter! CUUKKKKOOOO.

TBH, I'm suprised anyone thought Swansea would play any differently. It was like watching the game at the Liberty all over again, only that time we scored first and managed to hold on.

I was thinking this after 15 mins - as much as it pains me to say it they were a credit to entertaining football last night and like you said if I was Steve L I would be thinking this is what I want.

You lot make me laugh, if the City played like that every week you would be tearing your hair out. Even the City fans around me were screaming at Swansea players to shoot! They scored two goals almost by accident, I swear Pratley would have made one more pass to a guy standing on the goal line if it had been available to him, and knew nothing about the second. I lost count of the number of times that they could have turned towards goal with space in front of them, but they didn't even appear to be looking for the opportunities to shoot at goal, I think they will get destroyed at Prem level if they try to play like that.

I have just looked at the match stats and I don't think I will ever believe them again, did they really have only 52% of the possession and put 10 shots on target? The first figure seems to be incredibly low and the 2nd unbelievably high.

We've got Leeds United coming up and one of the chants they used to enjoy singing in their relegation season was "we're shit and we know we are". Spudski seems to have the same mentality.

he might have but we are shit so the sentiment is right aint it. we're worse than Wilsons last season and as bad as the last rookie managers spell in charge. City fans sang that song away at Lu'on that season. Unless we get plyers in who will work their asses off and a manager who has a clue what to do when plan A goes tits up then we will be in that category.

You lot make me laugh, if the City played like that every week you would be tearing your hair out. Even the City fans around me were screaming at Swansea players to shoot! They scored two goals almost by accident, I swear Pratley would have made one more pass to a guy standing on the goal line if it had been available to him, and knew nothing about the second. I lost count of the number of times that they could have turned towards goal with space in front of them, but they didn't even appear to be looking for the opportunities to shoot at goal, I think they will get destroyed at Prem level if they try to play like that.

I have just looked at the match stats and I don't think I will ever believe them again, did they really have only 52% of the possession and put 10 shots on target? The first figure seems to be incredibly low and the 2nd unbelievably high.

I'm a football fan first and foremost, who happens to support Bristol City. I enjoy Football of all standards, Pro and Amateur. Tearing my hair out over City's performance would do what? I can't control what's going on. I sit and observe, and appreciate good football or footballers, whoever plays it.

Yes it's not pleasant watching my team play so poorly, but like i said, what good does screaming and shouting do? It is, what it is.

If you base only enjoying football, on the performances Of City, then it is going to lead to a pretty average experience for you. History and results prove that.

have to agree that we were very poor last night , nothing in midfield, jcr was very ineffective on left, rangel owned him , yet swansea took anvantage of that and totally outclassed us, i know people always say that they dont produce the end product but hey i would pay too watch that kind of football every week and take a midfielder scoring aswell, it was a joy to watch and although i have supported city since 77 , i also appreciate good football when i see it and will praise those that deliver it

Archived