IGNORED

Would You Take Johnson Back?

Carey 6

Maybe if supporters weren't so impatient managers would be able to plan long term.

I wonder if SL was also impatient. After the play off final I did comment that it might be time to refresh the squad, with a view to 1/2 years re-building, then have another crack. We seriously over-achieved that year, and I felt that the squad would need more than just a few additions to achieve that level again. I think we got very lazy with our signings, instead of looking for up and coming players, or encouraging our own youth, we just played it safe, so we got quantity, but not necessarily quality. If we did try something different (Stuyvar, Saborio, Sno, Akinde, even Trundle to a degree), Johnson did not seem to know how to get the best out of them, either that or they really were poor signings. Somehow, we thought of ourselves as a top Championship club, but in reality, remained a relatively small club, only competing due to the largesse of a wealthy chairman, and that cannot last indefinitely.

Would any of you take Johnson back, or keep Millen in charge?

Johnson - Set us up more not to lose than go for the win and let the players know when he wasnt happy with them - but very boring football

Millen - Sets us up more in an attacking style, but we keep getting caught out and conceding many goals - but some games (sheff u, cardiff etc) we have played very entertaining football.

Im undecided on this one, your thoughts?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night

James

Stewart

Caulker

Adomah

Pitman

Keogh

6 of the 11 starters last night none GJ signings.

Would I get GJ back? to bloody right and ship out the two players who remain from last years debacle. If SL had any sense he will of been n the phone already!

look at it this way

JCR

Elliot

Johnson

were Johnsons and were the 3 worst players BY A MILE on the pitch against Swansea

look at it this way

JCR

Elliot

Johnson

were Johnsons and were the 3 worst players BY A MILE on the pitch against Swansea

I felt sorry for both Johnson and Elliott on Tuesday. They were being asked to do the work of four players, as the lack of movement from other players left them exposed and isolated in midfield. Campbell Rice on the other hand was absolutely appalling, and to be honest I don't think he's had a particularly good game all season (and actually, not since he joined us). If it was down to me, he would have been one of the first players being offered to other clubs in January.

Once we had changed our shape In the second half, I thought both Elliott and Johnson did a lot better. I'd go so far to say that the first 15 minutes of the second half was Johnson's best spell of the season, and I think replacing him with Clarkson was madness. At that stage I'd have taken Keogh off, pushed Albert up front and brought Ivan in on the wing.

He should not have left in the first place; said it at the time but rumours of changing room bust ups probably preclude a return anyway not least because it would probably be a disruptive force rather than a calming one.

Were GJ in the role already though and the clock was re-set to zero on this season with only the 20 odd games to go i would be a lot more confident of him keeping us up than Millen.

Millen had his stint and, as many have said, should have gone when GJ went. That was SL's biggest mistake by a country mile and he probably knows it now, well for sure he knows it, lets be open and frank.

Publicly, he will back 'Project Millen' until it is almost, and i stress almost, too late. Then, he will wield the axe. Whether that is this season or in the close season remains to be seen. I suspect we will stay up and then, the big 50k question is this; will SL have the guts to make the right decision for BCFC? His heart is absolutely 100% in the right place but, under his tenure, his judgement has been a little hit and miss on the manager front.

I felt sorry for both Johnson and Elliott on Tuesday. They were being asked to do the work of four players, as the lack of movement from other players left them exposed and isolated in midfield.

Cant really agree with this.. there was zero productive effort from johnson and jcr.. Marv had flashes and Albert was showing some promise..

Campbell Rice on the other hand was absolutely appalling, and to be honest I don't think he's had a particularly good game all season (and actually, not since he joined us). If it was down to me, he would have been one of the first players being offered to other clubs in January.

Agreed, and he may have been offered .. but who is going to buy a left winger with no left foot..

Once we had changed our shape In the second half, I thought both Elliott and Johnson did a lot better. I'd go so far to say that the first 15 minutes of the second half was Johnson's best spell of the season, and I think replacing him with Clarkson was madness. At that stage I'd have taken Keogh off, pushed Albert up front and brought Ivan in on the wing.

Agreed, Johnson looked the part after the half time team talk and was looking good.. just goes to show he can do it.. but he faded badly.. He had to be taken off and I hope he never plays for us again as I feel with him its all about attitude and his is carp.

I wonder if SL was also impatient. After the play off final I did comment that it might be time to refresh the squad, with a view to 1/2 years re-building, then have another crack. We seriously over-achieved that year, and I felt that the squad would need more than just a few additions to achieve that level again. I think we got very lazy with our signings, instead of looking for up and coming players, or encouraging our own youth, we just played it safe, so we got quantity, but not necessarily quality. If we did try something different (Stuyvar, Saborio, Sno, Akinde, even Trundle to a degree), Johnson did not seem to know how to get the best out of them, either that or they really were poor signings. Somehow, we thought of ourselves as a top Championship club, but in reality, remained a relatively small club, only competing due to the largesse of a wealthy chairman, and that cannot last indefinitely.

Not all actually true. There was no quality as opposed to quantity in the summer after the play off final as we only signed 2 players then (hardly quantity) and one of those was Nicky Maynard (surely quality?).

It actually started to go wrong towards the end of that season, with the likes of Iriekpen, Stvyar and Stern John brought in, though as we were still finishing in the top half of the Championship SL was never going to replace him then, was he?.

Johnson then went for quantity over quality the following summer, bring in 7 with expensive flops like Nyatanga and Clarkson and letting McIndoe go and not replacing him, before going for broke with Sno and Saborio and then that succession of baffling loan strikers (Iwelumo apart).

So in short, thanks for the two seasons of amazing progress GJ, the "always believe" the candles, the punching the air after another hard working gritty win, but as they say "never go back" so no to a return.

You are completely spot on about us being a relatively small club in Championship terms, though, anything above about 16th is punching above our weight to me.

Interesting to see GJ nail his sail to the Brentford mask when he has been reportedly linked to the Owls job... like the job he took at the Posh, he seems to be more than happy to settle for a small team management roll since leaving City... could it be almost in reverence to his feelings for City and that this will be his biggest job until he retires? All rather interesting to me. .. here is the news from the local west London paper:-

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88145&p=1733221#post1733221

Interesting to see GJ nail his sail to the Brentford mask when he has been reportedly linked to the Owls job... like the job he took at the Posh, he seems to be more than happy to settle for a small team management roll since leaving City... could it be almost in reverence to his feelings for City and that this will be his biggest job until he retires? All rather interesting to me. .. here is the news from the local west London paper:-

http://www.griffinpa...221#post1733221

probably because its a small club with no name players or likely to have, and he can do what he does best, get the best out of unfashionable club, and work with a selected squad of his type of player?

way too much expectations at Wednesday, and he'd have to work with big name players without a shadow of a doubt.

http://www.griffinpa...221#post1733221

A perfect club for GJ...and a great chairman in Greg Dyke. Lovely family atmosphere. Chance to punch above their weight.

Wednesday would be a tall order for any manager at the moment.

A perfect club for GJ...and a great chairman in Greg Dyke. Lovely family atmosphere. Chance to punch above their weight.

Wednesday would be a tall order for any manager at the moment.

Great chairman ? He's just sacked an allegedly bright young manager after one poor run.

Oh and to answer the question. I was a big GJ fan and was sad when he left.

I was appauled by his treatment by some of my fellow "fans" and the negativity created by the likes of Ian Gay (Radio Bristol) and Alan Robinson (OTIB). They and others are as responsible as anyone fo the state of things at the club, and losing the best Manager in a generation.

Named and shamed for the third time, will there be a responce this time?

Anyway, get him back?............ NO.

What a load of shit. Robbo Red is in no way responsible for the 'state our club is in'. What a moronic comment. So because he was a critic of a manager who did an excellent job for us before gradually losing everything that was good about his management style he is responsible for the fact we're losing shit loads each year and are in a lowly league position? Rubbish. I pray that you meant something else by your comments but I can't see how else they can be interpreted. That really is an absurd view. Laughable.

What a load of shit. Robbo Red is in no way responsible for the 'state our club is in'. What a moronic comment. So because he was a critic of a manager who did an excellent job for us before gradually losing everything that was good about his management style he is responsible for the fact we're losing shit loads each year and are in a lowly league position? Rubbish. I pray that you meant something else by your comments but I can't see how else they can be interpreted. That really is an absurd view. Laughable.

Laughable eh?.......... well if that's the case why did SL mention negativity during the press conference that saw GJ leave? Why did bradley Orr feel the need to phone Radio Bristol after a game to defend the team against rediculous and constant negative comments?

The negativity was fan based by "supporters" that had their own agenda. You must have been abroad or something around the time that GJ left not to recognise this point of view.

I DO believe that "supporters" like Alan Robinson using media like OTIB did create an atmosphere of negativity that eventually led to GJ leaving.

You can believe what you like, but I am sick of his and others comments claiming to be "in the know" and have challenged him over a recent post. He posted that the players would not want GJ back. The only way he could know this is if he knew a player or players.

If he does, I have asked him why the same players don't want to play for Millen, the fans, the shirt, and do they actually care? I have to say it looked on Tuesday like they don't!

Have I had a reply? NO.

You must have been abroad or something around the time that GJ left not to recognise this point of view.<br /><br />I DO believe that supporters like Alan Robinson using media like OTIB did create an atmosphere of negativity that eventually led to GJ leaving. You can believe what you like, but I am sick of his and others comments claiming to bein the know and have challenged him over a recent post. He posted that the players would not want GJ back. The only way he could know this is if he knew a player or players.If he does, I have asked him why the same players don't want to play for Millen, the fans, the shirt, and do they actually care? I have to say it looked on Tuesday like they don't!Have I had a reply? NO.

Johnson was the only manager who I fiercely critised. You think that I was simply being vindictive but everything I posted turned to out to be accurate especially with regard to the boring boring football that he served up for almost two seasons plus his habit of constantly disrespecting the players. Just read Trundle's view on GJ if you don't believe me. Darren Ferguson said only this week that he wanted to restore players confindence and George Boyd also mentioned the loss of moral in past months. Just remind me of who was the last Posh manager?

I doubt the voices of Ian or myself had any bearing on the departure of Johnson.Fans don't have that much influence. How many people actually read this forum anyway?

As for the players 'not playing for Millen'. Thats rubbish. They were definately playing for him when City were on a decent run recently. Whats happening now is a loss of confidence down to the poor run that City are on.

There is only one person to blame for the panic & poorly scouted signings of Styvar, John, Agyemang, Maierhofer etc, etc and that wasn't Robbored.

Gary Johnson had lost the plot completely.......why?, probably quite a few reasons, club expectations, fan pressure, believed his own hype, signed a different style of player that he was used to are probably just a few I would have thought.

Steve Lansdown doesn't make panic decisions, he could see like everyone else that GJ was struggling big time with tactics, formations/shape, baffling substitutions & ultimately very poor signings which were costing the club millions.

To suggest Gary Johnson's sacking was down to purely one person is ridiculous.....it may have helped but wasn't the main reason........RESULTS were the MAIN reason for Gary Johnson's departure.

BCAGFC

Johnson was the only manager who I fiercely critised. You think that I was simply being vindictive but everything I posted turned to out to be accurate especially with regard to the boring boring football that he served up for almost two seasons plus his habit of constantly disrespecting the players. Just read Trundle's view on GJ if you don't believe me. Darren Ferguson said only this week that he wanted to restore players confindence and George Boyd also mentioned the loss of moral in past months. Just remind me of who was the last Posh manager?

I doubt the voices of Ian or myself had any bearing on the departure of Johnson.Fans don't have that much influence. How many people actually read this forum anyway?

As for the players 'not playing for Millen'. Thats rubbish. They were definately playing for him when City were on a decent run recently. Whats happening now is a loss of confidence down to the poor run that City are on.

You are always right even when you're not.

I just find it incredible that you defend Millen to the hilt and yet things were never this bad under Gary Johnson.

Personally I find it hard to attribute that to anything other then mischief making and spreading poison.

To be fair though Robbored, if you had your way, we may never have been promoted. Also, let's not forget that we were at the wrong end of the league 1 table when GJ took over, so he really turned the club's fortunes around. However, to suggest that you are somehow responsible for GJ leaving is also laughable. As you say, fans do not have that degree of power. What's been said and done, is exactly that. It is embarrassing to watch certain individuals follow you around the forum and keep harping on about your views on GJ. He has left the club and is now consigned to our history books. He has certainly left me with some great memories from his time here, but it is now time to move on.

One great result against a struggling Preston side will not silence the Millen bashers, on here, but he got the tactics and formation spot on today.

Give the man some credit and as for GJ coming back, FORGET IT.

Keogh and Woolford look like two excellent signings. Can't wait to see them both playing at AG v Leeds.

Avoiding relegation remains the top priority for us but it is beginning to look very unlikely - especially if we play well against Leeds.

Laughable eh?.......... well if that's the case why did SL mention negativity during the press conference that saw GJ leave? Why did bradley Orr feel the need to phone Radio Bristol after a game to defend the team against rediculous and constant negative comments?

The negativity was fan based by "supporters" that had their own agenda. You must have been abroad or something around the time that GJ left not to recognise this point of view.

I DO believe that "supporters" like Alan Robinson using media like OTIB did create an atmosphere of negativity that eventually led to GJ leaving.

You can believe what you like, but I am sick of his and others comments claiming to be "in the know" and have challenged him over a recent post. He posted that the players would not want GJ back. The only way he could know this is if he knew a player or players.

If he does, I have asked him why the same players don't want to play for Millen, the fans, the shirt, and do they actually care? I have to say it looked on Tuesday like they don't!

Have I had a reply? NO.

Sorry? Since when has thinking it's the right time for a manager to leave been an agenda? I'm not by any means saying I agree with everything RR writes and I do believe he was especially critical of him at times where this criticism wasn't really warranted. However he is in no way responsible for us signing shit player after shit player leading to a thoroughly unbalanced squad and poor financial position nor is he responsible for our failutres on or off the pitch. Saying soemthing like that merely fits your own agenda.

Orr phoned Radio Bristol to defend himself and the team and there's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with ringing up Radio Bristol and giving your honest opinion on the players, manager and chairman, be it critical or not. If you honestly believe RR (or Alan Robinson as you call him so I presume you speak to him face to face if your on first name terms?) or any other fan critical of Johnson's regime played a part in him leaving then you're deluded. The goings on on the pitch and the final bust-up at Plymouth were why we both parted company and it would have been wrong to persist with Johnson, no matter how much success he may have had with us in previous years.

Sorry if I'm being dense here but is Alan Robinson Robbored? and if so why does that matter who he is?

as for Ian - Radio Bristol - Radio Bristol call him, likewise calling Mark from Downend, so if a Radio station phones you and ask's for your view, why is it wrong for him to give it?

For the record, I don't know Alan or the radio bristol people, but I wanted johnson out and felt he should have gone sooner, nothing to do with agenda's or anything like that but because he was endlessly wasting money, didn't know how to manage or man-manage high quality players and also got his team playing some of the most negative and depressing football since Russell Osman.

The day after he left City, I renewed my season ticket, which with Johnson still in charge was unlikely to happen, Johnson nearly destroyed my love of football with final 18months of management.

Was sadly out of his depth at this level.

I haven't got involved in the slanging match, but i think Johnson suffered of the walking before we can run syndrome, Landsdown panicked after losing to Hull, seen what is was all about and has gambled stupidly since, Forest is the way to do it, Billy Davies kept on saying last year we can't go up yet, when they were in the top two, worst thing imo, for this club was getting to the play-off season in the first year, if we went up yes we could of done a Stoke, but exceptions has gone crazy, signing players like James, stadium yes ambition but one step at a time, Rome wasn't built in a day, Landsdown has now realized this.

Sorry if I'm being dense here but is Alan Robinson Robbored? and if so why does that matter who he is?

as for Ian - Radio Bristol - Radio Bristol call him, likewise calling Mark from Downend, so if a Radio station phones you and ask's for your view, why is it wrong for him to give it?

For the record, I don't know Alan or the radio bristol people, but I wanted johnson out and felt he should have gone sooner, nothing to do with agenda's or anything like that but because he was endlessly wasting money, didn't know how to manage or man-manage high quality players and also got his team playing some of the most negative and depressing football since Russell Osman.

The day after he left City, I renewed my season ticket, which with Johnson still in charge was unlikely to happen, Johnson nearly destroyed my love of football with final 18months of management.

Was sadly out of his depth at this level.

Another thing Johnson got wrong was he completed killed the academy. Stories of City fans not even entertaining the idea of choosing City because they knew they would never get a chance here. That's his biggest crime in my opinion.

Another thing Johnson got wrong was he completed killed the academy. Stories of City fans not even entertaining the idea of choosing City because they knew they would never get a chance here. That's his biggest crime in my opinion.

How many of the people (academy) Johnson let go made it higher than the league City are in. Beynon, and a load more are piling there trade at a proffesional level, but name me five above City level now who were there during Johnson?

Indeed. I know a couple of parents of kids and ex-academy kids, who had left the academy and felt they stood no chance whatsoever and that appeared to be the general feeling of much of the squad,

Johnson had no interest in the academy whatsoever.....well until he saw his chance to get his other brother a job within it - Well Done Colin Sexstone for voeting that idea.

Archived