IGNORED

Sack Millen Now Or Wait ?

neilos

Sack (change jobs) Millen now or wait  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fair point, but getting Newcastle up with the players he had isn't as difficult as getting us up with the players we have. Our squad is no where near as expensive'ly assembled as there's.

Likewise, a fair point.

Getting us up is no longer the immediate target though. Keeping us up is.

Agree with this, but often a new manager will have a 'honeymoon period' of good results due to his arrival instilling a fresh face, fresh ideas and a general 'feelgood factor' amongst players that have gone stale or lost belief in the previous incumbent.

A well known saying is 'A change is as good as a rest'. These players seem to need a rest from Millen.

A new manager's 'honeymoon period' is the only way I can see these players stringing the few wins we need together between now and the end of the season.

No.

We sacked our manager last season. Did it help?

no because we appointed someone to replace him who wasnt interesetd and then stupidly appointed the assistant to the previous manager, who had over stayed his welcome. farcical. we need a complete clear out.

Its too late. A new manager now could make things even worse. We need to just hope and pray Millen can by some mircal just scrape enough results to see us over the line. With all the doom and gloom merchants about the only glimmer of hope we do have is that Keith and the management team have in fact picked the players up from shite results before this season.. Saturday is a massive massive game now though, god knows why but i have a funny feeling we will get something from it..

If like i said we can get over the line then we without doubt should thank but say goodbye to Millen in the Summer.

No. We will get a couple of players in on loan and things will look better after that.

Millen has already said a few players were lined up to get in loan. A CM and a Defender at the least. With possible getting another CM. Were just lacking 3 players from becoming a mid-table team. Once they are in I will feel much more confident in Keith.

Have faith people things will get better :city:

Forget bottom, if Sheffield Utd win their game in hand we are 2 pts off; that is all we need look at.

The games in hand aspect is quite worrying. I know those teams are at the bottom for a reason but IF they win their games in hand our position will be somewhat different.

IF IF IF, they are down there for a reason

Bottom line is we are 5 points off relegation zone, with a better goal difference

Their game in hand is probably worth a point so I'll accept 4.

Anyway, point is we are in a scrap.

I think Millen will see us clear the danger and I have never said remove him at this stage or at any stage this season; that would possibly make matters worse but he is not the future in my view, well i guess you know that by now.

The games in hand aspect is quite worrying. I know those teams are at the bottom for a reason but IF they win their games in hand our position will be somewhat different.

I bet they all have to play each other still as well, both teams can't get 3 points!

Games in hand can be lost as well and teams below us are there for a reason, there not very good.

I am flabbergasted how people can say keep Millen in his job.

Really wonder if some city fans want a return to League 1.

The man is not good enough to keep us up,his tactics,his motivational skills are non existent.

We are in for a very very tight scrap to stay up if he stays in place.

If you had to choose between GJ or KM to keep us up, there is only one answer Gary Johnson.

I am flabbergasted how people can say keep Millen in his job.

Really wonder if some city fans want a return to League 1.

The man is not good enough to keep us up,his tactics,his motivational skills are non existent.

We are in for a very very tight scrap to stay up if he stays in place.

all well and good saying sack him but what would you do then?

all well and good saying sack him but what would you do then?

replace now with a quality manager or someone on a short contract to steer us clear of muddy waters,we are sinking faster than the titanic,SL must be really concerned deep down,as said loose Saturday MILLEN MUST WALK FOR THE SAKE OF THE CLUB.

replace now with a quality manager or someone on a short contract to steer us clear of muddy waters,we are sinking faster than the titanic,SL must be really concerned deep down,as said loose Saturday MILLEN MUST WALK FOR THE SAKE OF THE CLUB.

easier said than done.

Who would you approach?

Going by the poll, it is certainly an even race so far. However, I'm suprised by the number who would want Millen sacked NOW.

Anyway and IMO, Millen is a dead man walking. If these number of fans want him sacked already, unless he turns it around dramatically between now and Christmas, he'll be gone.

easier said than done.

Who would you approach?

SL will need to make that decision as he is chairman,but there are some very good people available to do a job, short term,or go and and get the man to hopefully take the club back in the right direction which is gonna cost money,however no where near as much as relegation would cost.

Going by the poll, it is certainly an even race so far. However, I'm suprised by the number who would want Millen sacked NOW.

Anyway and IMO, Millen is a dead man walking. If these number of fans want him sacked already, unless he turns it around dramatically between now and Christmas, he'll be gone.

i have not voted on that poll; I'll reserve judgement for a couple of games. At the moment, still on balance, i think it would do more harm than good to oust Millen. I have no anecdotal evidence why i am saying that its just my gut feeling. But that might change pretty fast.

I am fairly sure of one thing; had Copout not come along and Millen had been in charge from the day GJ left through until now he would either be closer to leaving or already gone by now.

SL will need to make that decision as he is chairman,but there are some very good people available to do a job, short term,or go and and get the man to hopefully take the club back in the right direction which is gonna cost money,however no where near as much as relegation would cost.

but who are you thinking of?

easier said than done.

Who would you approach?

When that time comes, and I am sad but sure it will be before this year is out, there are only two names in my book; Chris Hughton or Alan Curbishley and in that order of preference.

Both are available, both would relish the challenge of getting a 'sleeping giant' with a new stadium on the way back into the top flight with a huge catchment area. Both are proven.

They would also be motivated by the fact they would have a chairman who is not a sacker.. so perhaps they are not gonna get the chance for that very reason! ; - They might get snapped up sooner than a vacancy arises at BS3.

i have not voted on that poll; I'll reserve judgement for a couple of games. At the moment, still on balance, i think it would do more harm than good to oust Millen. I have no anecdotal evidence why i am saying that its just my gut feeling. But that might change pretty fast.

I am fairly sure of one thing; had Copout not come along and Millen had been in charge from the day GJ left through until now he would either be closer to leaving or already gone by now.

I agree. There is no point in sacking Millen now and fear it would cause even more disruption.

Millen has to help himself though. And by that I mean, go out, and get an attacking midfielder on a short-term loan. Preferably someone with experience who could lead the team. They don't have to be technically brilliant, but someone who can organise the team from the middle of the pitch.

Millen has just been backed in the transfer window by Steve, he would have also paid out a further £1.2million if Bentner would have wanted the move, so why do people think that The Chairman, less than a week after financially backing him will sack him, madness!

If he was going to sack him it would have happened by now, I don't think it matters what manager we have without a decent midfield Arsene Wenger wouldn't be able to turn things around, I pray that we sign someone on an emergency loan, however I wouldn't bet my house on it!

Millen has just been backed in the transfer window by Steve, he would have also paid out a further £1.2million if Bentner would have wanted the move, so why do people think that The Chairman, less than a week after financially backing him will sack him, madness!

If he was going to sack him it would have happened by now, I don't think it matters what manager we have without a decent midfield Arsene Wenger wouldn't be able to turn things around, I pray that we sign someone on an emergency loan, however I wouldn't bet my house on it!

i have not added them all up but i think most posters on this thread let alone the rest, on subject, agree it would probably not be the right move to oust Millen just now. However, logical or no, the murmurings for that might become a clamour if much more of this dire run and, lets face it, season continues. That may very well be even more illogical in 3-4 games time but the support will have ebbed away so much that SL has little option but to roll the dice once more.

Archived