IGNORED

Is It True

Royz

Ralph, are you pissed! Their great hero Hollowhead played a massive part in taking them down. Didn't they finish 23rd the year before it was two up, two down? So near....

That meant they had to play a League cup qualifier, which they promptly lost to Boston United!

They didn't even qualify for the mickey mouse cup.

Doh!! What a knucklehead, OK OK so I had hit the red wine a bit early.

I think it must of been there first time then, I just remember a gashead colleague keeping on telling me they had never been in the bottom league, I kind of try and forget they exist since moving to France.

That meant they had to play a League cup qualifier, which they promptly lost to Boston United!

They didn't even qualify for the mickey mouse cup.

They are are proudly the only football league club ever to fail to qualify to play in the League Cup. Well done them!

And as they always tell you: Never been in the top, never been in the, er, top.

Well the thing with tradition is that it nearly always gets broken at some point - so I say this year is as good as any to ditch this tradition.

Too true! Less than 10 years ago City had NEVER won at Northampton, Plymouth, Hartlepool or Tranmere. Since 2002 City have won at all four grounds.

As for the previous post, 1999-2000 Rovers were in a play off spot going into the final game of the season, home to already relegated Cardiff. Rovers lost that game whilst 7th placed Millwall won and Rovers finished 7th instead, City were 9th. The following year City again finished 9th, but Rovers dropped into Div 4.

1938-39 season Rovers finished bottom of Div 3 South and had to apply for re-election to the League and the other clubs duly voted to keep them in. It does mean of course that the gas heads who sadly lost their lives in WW2 died knowing they supported the worst team in the League.

Doh!! What a knucklehead, OK OK so I had hit the red wine a bit early.

I think it must of been there first time then, I just remember a gashead colleague keeping on telling me they had never been in the bottom league, I kind of try and forget they exist since moving to France.

it's the top league they have never been in.

Too true! Less than 10 years ago City had NEVER won at Northampton, Plymouth, Hartlepool or Tranmere. Since 2002 City have won at all four grounds.

As for the previous post, 1999-2000 Rovers were in a play off spot going into the final game of the season, home to already relegated Cardiff. Rovers lost that game whilst 7th placed Millwall won and Rovers finished 7th instead, City were 9th. The following year City again finished 9th, but Rovers dropped into Div 4.

1938-39 season Rovers finished bottom of Div 3 South and had to apply for re-election to the League and the other clubs duly voted to keep them in. It does mean of course that the gas heads who sadly lost their lives in WW2 died knowing they supported the worst team in the League.

I was at Plymouth in 1967 ish and we won 2-1.in fact we have won at Plymouth quite a few times.

Is it aslo true that in almost 100 years they hav only ever been above us league-wise about twice?! Damn the football league rules. A few years back when they came 23rd in league 2 only one team went down, only for the bloody rules to change to two down a year later. Sepp Blatter doesnt hav anyfin to do with the football league aswell does he?!

Is it aslo true that in almost 100 years they hav only ever been above us league-wise about twice?! Damn the football league rules. A few years back when they came 23rd in league 2 only one team went down, only for the bloody rules to change to two down a year later. Sepp Blatter doesnt hav anyfin to do with the football league aswell does he?!

I'll never forget that end of season. On transfer deadline day they signed about 7 players , most of them loans to enable them to stay up. Since other clubs' players saved them, I have hated the loan system with a passion ever since.

1999-2000 Rovers were in a play off spot going into the final game of the season, home to already relegated Cardiff. Rovers lost that game whilst 7th placed Millwall won and Rovers finished 7th instead, City were 9th.

With 10 games to go they were top as well. The joke of course being: what's the difference between the gas and an arsonest? An arsonest wouldn't through away his last 10 matches.

And then funnilly enough the next season they struggled sacked Hollowhead in the latter half an ended up getting relegated anyway. . . . . . . they can maybe teach a lot about what not to do :shifty:

Is it aslo true that in almost 100 years they hav only ever been above us league-wise about twice?

OK folks, I've delved into the record books. 1901-02 City enter the League and are Bristol's only League team until 1922-23. Rovers have since finished higher than City in only the following 27 seasons; 32-33, 33-34, 34-35, 36-37, 48-49, 49-50, 50-51, 51-52, 52-53, 53-54, 54-55, 55-56, 56-57, 57-58. 58-59, 59-60, 60-61, 61-62, 62-63, 81-82, 82-83, 83-84, 88-89, 89-90, 91-92, 95-96 and 99-2000. Although Rovers finished higher in the 30s & 50s, they've only finished higher than City 11 times in the last 50 years.

22A... First off well dug up.

Secondly, I like the way you put an overwhelmingly positive spin on the stats as if they have finished above us on only 3 or 4 occasions when in reality it's a very respectable 28-29 odd percent of the time.... Pretty respectable for a 'small team' from Horfield.

Archived