IGNORED

Sl Will Not Sack Milly

BS3_RED

We are well in debt and lost 12 million last year, so if SL was in any way thinking about sacking Milly he would not have backed Milly on Monday to the tune of nearly 3 million pounds.

Bednar --- 1.2m

Jones--- 800k

Woolford-- 500k+?

So i suggest that everyone just gets behind Milly and the team cos Milly is going no where.

We are well in debt and lost 12 million last year, so if SL was in any way thinking about sacking Milly he would not have backed Milly on Monday to the tune of nearly 3 million pounds.

Bednar --- 1.2m

Elliot--- 800k

Woolford-- 500k+?

So i suggest that everyone just gets behind Milly and the team cos Milly is going no where.

Have I missed something... Elliot?

Bednar --- 1.2m

Elliot--- 800k

Woolford-- 500k+?

EXACTLY

Millen isn't going anywhere.

The amount of hot air being blown on here this week, I could fly a baloon across the atlantic

<br />EXACTLY<br /><br />Millen isn't going anywhere.<br /><br />The amount of hot air being blown on here this week, I could fly a baloon across the atlantic<br />
<br /><br />Well if that is the case we are going down, or scrape out of it, by the skin of our teeth.

What's disappointing is Millen comes on player week after week say we have completed this in training. I.e before swansea "all week we have worked on creating chances" then we turn out like that.

This week it's we have work on the plan what will beat them and again creating chances.

What is going on in training and are they actually listening or feeling they have achieved something (the players)

I agree, there is almost zero chance of Millen getting sacked until we are relegated or start next year in the Championship poorly.

I wonder why he gave him a 3 year deal and if he's regretting it yet. I'm sure Millen would of been happy to steady the ship for a season and see how things went.

I agree, there is almost zero chance of Millen getting sacked until we are relegated or start next year in the Championship poorly.

I wonder why he gave him a 3 year deal and if he's regretting it yet. I'm sure Millen would of been happy to steady the ship for a season and see how things went.

Ralph, you really need to cut down on that local vineyard stuff!! ; if its been said 10 times its been said a hundred - Millens contract is the same duration as he was already on.. merely a revision to managerial position.

i will highlight it so this question need not be asked again i think.. there you go.

What's disappointing is Millen comes on player week after week say we have completed this in training. I.e before swansea "all week we have worked on creating chances" then we turn out like that.

This week it's we have work on the plan what will beat them and again creating chances.

What is going on in training and are they actually listening or feeling they have achieved something (the players)

Watching Millen is like watching paint dry. He is about as charismatic as a gold fish.

Must be difficult to motivate the players.

This is a results based business, and results affect ticket sales, so judging by SL previous form

I guess the following would lead to Millen going:

Heavy defeat at PNE today (remember Tinnion going after 7-1 defeat at Swansea)

Defeat at home to Leeds next week (team get booed off, SL starts to get stick)

Very poor season ticket sales when the doors open next Saturday.

Hope none of the above happens fingerscrossed.gif

Ralph, you really need to cut down on that local vineyard stuff!! ; if its been said 10 times its been said a hundred - Millens contract is the same duration as he was already on.. merely a revision to managerial position.

i will highlight it so this question need not be asked again i think.. there you go.

Not sure how this clears things up? You're just stating fact here and not providing any explanation as to why Lansdown thought it would be appropriate to give a laughably inexperienced 'manager' 3 years at the helm. It's not like instating Millen as the manager for 3 years was the only option - there is such a thing as negotiation. If Millen really wanted to be boss why wasn't his contract 'revised' to last until the end of the season by mutual agreement.

If you're going to put forward the theory that a new manager needs the security of a long contract I don't buy it. If said manager is tried and tested at this level, then yes. If he is a total novice (sod what he achieved at the end of last season - that was an entirely different kettle of fish) and the club is taking a massive gamble, then no he should only be given a year to demonstrate that he's able.

I'm not saying I think Millen is performing badly in the circumstances (I think it would be suicidal to sack him now), but how the board thought it would be wise to make him manager for 3 years is beyond me.

Watching Millen is like watching paint dry. He is about as charismatic as a gold fish.

Must be difficult to motivate the players.

That's a bit unfair on goldfish

He was on a three year contract as assistant.

Who in there right mind would accept a reduction in their contract?

A complete novice in management would if he wanted the job badly. It was hardly a situation where it was either Keith or noone. Just 3 months previous we were told that the applicants for the vacant job were of a high quality.

If a job came up at work where it was an opportunity for you to prove to your company that you were capable of stepping up into a senior managers role on a 6 month temporary basis before you were offered it full time, you would woudn't you. Surely it's common sense to see if the person can do the job before you give it to them permanantly.

Keith steered City to safety at the end of last season, perhaps SL off the back of those results thought he had a ready made replacement and didn't factor in that maybe GJ's replacement could have been a cardboard cut out of Jose Mourinho and still had the same positive result.

A complete novice in management would if he wanted the job badly. It was hardly a situation where it was either Keith or noone. Just 3 months previous we were told that the applicants for the vacant job were of a high quality.

If a job came up at work where it was an opportunity for you to prove to your company that you were capable of stepping up into a senior managers role on a 6 month temporary basis before you were offered it full time, you would woudn't you. Surely it's common sense to see if the person can do the job before you give it to them permanantly.

Keith steered City to safety at the end of last season, perhaps SL off the back of those results thought he had a ready made replacement and didn't factor in that maybe GJ's replacement could have been a cardboard cut out of Jose Mourinho and still had the same positive result.

a flawed analogy because you would be allowed to take your previous job should they not keep you on, If Millen failed his management and possibly coaching career would be over.

I cant and dont really want to see Keith going anywhere.

• His first agenda last season was to steer us to safety - tick.
  • His second agenda this season was to get us off the bottom - tick.
  • His third agenda was to steer us to safety (again) - hopefully a tick.

I cant judge him until he has had a summer to implement his own pre season. I still think he is the right man for the job.

I cant and dont really want to see Keith going anywhere.

• His first agenda last season was to steer us to safety - tick.
  • His second agenda this season was to get us off the bottom - tick.
  • His third agenda was to steer us to safety (again) - hopefully a tick.

I cant judge him until he has had a summer to implement his own pre season. I still think he is the right man for the job.

The Championship was just a single game into it's season when KM took over - it's not as though we were marooned at the bottom or anything.

As for his 3rd agenda, i.e his target for the season - surely that would have been to get City into the play offs?

I do not believe for one moment that the ever ambitious Mr. Lansdown would have lowered his sights so completely that suddenly surviving relegation in the following 45 games would deem KM's appointment a success.

He was on a three year contract as assistant.

Who in there right mind would accept a reduction in their contract?

If he really wanted to be the manager he would have accepted that he be given a year to prove himself. If he didn't fancy losing two years, he could have declined...

If he really wanted to be the manager he would have accepted that he be given a year to prove himself. If he didn't fancy losing two years, he could have declined...

Stop being so naive.. Find fault in anything you like, the style of play, the poor form, the lack of creativity... But to find fault in something like this, which have been EXPLAINED more than enough times by SL, KM, etc is nothing short of pathetic. I don't mean to be rude, but you're living in a dream world if you think anyone would accept a reduction in their contract... especially in plausibly the least stable profession in the world.

Stop being so naive.. Find fault in anything you like, the style of play, the poor form, the lack of creativity... But to find fault in something like this, which have been EXPLAINED more than enough times by SL, KM, etc is nothing short of pathetic. I don't mean to be rude, but you're living in a dream world if you think anyone would accept a reduction in their contract... especially in plausibly the least stable profession in the world.

You are missing the point completely.

Nobody is forcing Keith Millen to take the managers job or indeed any managers job. He accepts the terms or someone else does the job, afterall, there were quality applicants just 3 months previous.

The question should have been if you want to be Bristol City manager this is what I am offering as you are not experienced enough so it is a gamble to take you on, if you accept, I will give you a 1 year rolling contract, you will have to show me you are good enough to earn an extension to this contract, also accepting the managers job means your previous contract will be torn up, if you don't want to be manager you will carry on with your 3 year contract as assistant to the next manager. It's not hard to understand is it.

Bednar --- 1.2m

Jones--- 800k

Woolford-- 500k+?

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else think that is a bit high offers for 2 out of contract in the summer players?

A new job can come with a new contract, SL could of ripped up the old one and offered a new one with new conditions.

Presumably by just adjusting his existing one means there wasn't too big a wage hike.

And no I hadn't even got the corkscrew out when I posted that.

Archived