IGNORED

£4 Booking Charge

spudski

I'm a BCFC member and purchased as usual, a Premier seat for the Leeds game.

I phoned the club to purchase the ticket and paid by Debit card.

Ticket is £35 + £1 charge for debit card. It goes autmatically on my membership card, which i'm able to use at the turnstile.

On this occassion, i was told they were going to send the ticket to my address, which they insisted on.

On looking at my receipt, i've been charged £39... £4 extra!!! what's that all about? Fuming...

From official website:

Booking Fees - as from August 2010 In person

Cash: No charge

Cheque: No charge

Debit card: No charge

Credit card: £1 per ticket

By phone

Credit/debit card: £1 per ticket

Postal charge: £1

Credit/debit card: £1 per ticket, including TicketFast.

Postal charge: £1; free for supporters using TicketFast.

I travelled with the Posh fans when City were home to P'boro' last season. £20 for the coach and another fiver for paying at the booking office with a card instead of cash!

How much extra do places like the Colston Hall etc charge if you book to se a show there?

I travelled with the Posh fans when City were home to P'boro' last season. £20 for the coach and another fiver for paying at the booking office with a card instead of cash!

How much extra do places like the Colston Hall etc charge if you book to se a show there?

Is'nt it a shame the price of the ticket is not 'the full price'?

Any company that attempts to disguise the full, complete price, is pulling the wool over- to an extent. When I go to the supermarket, they don't normally charge booking fees / fees for use of the store / etc, etc.

This sort of practice is a bit like booking a ticket with Ryanair - what you end up paying is not what you thought - EVEN IF THE SMALLPRINT says so

I booked two tickets for the first game this season online, as a member of BCFC. and the website allowed me the member discount on both tickets instead of the one. Who's fault is this?

Mine apparently - which is why the club staff accused me of being a thief - even after a drove to The Gate to give them the extra £2 I had 'stollen' from them!!

:angry:

BCFC: please make your prices transparent and honest.

At colston hall I Got charged £1 for card booking and 75p for postage, I thought this was reasonable, as for o2 academy £15 ticket ended up £18.50

watching football is a mugs game these days, i admire you lot who go regular, you must have more money than sense.

I used to go watch Liverpool (best team in the world back then) Arsenal Man U (crap then) Chelsea ( crap then) etc etc etc in the East end for 70p

And yes the football was a much higher standard, £30 for the dolman, plus fees, your having a tin bath

Well blow me down... Fair play to the Club, they obviously read this forum.

Just had a phone call from a nice lady at the Club, saying they had noticed i'd been overcharged, and they have now refunded me the difference and sent out a new ticket.

Fair play to them and it was much appreciated.

watching football is a mugs game these days, i admire you lot who go regular, you must have more money than sense.

I used to go watch Liverpool (best team in the world back then) Arsenal Man U (crap then) Chelsea ( crap then) etc etc etc in the East end for 70p

And yes the football was a much higher standard, £30 for the dolman, plus fees, your having a tin bath

On a few occasions would give the turnstile operator 50p and jump over the barrier,thats why our gates were never accurate[and not forgeting all the freebies given out like confetti].

"Which?" magazine has now taken up this issue. In today's copy of the mag they call on the government to stop these charges as;

1. People are often not told of the charge until they make the purchase.

2. It costs the organisation 20p if you pay using a debit card and

3. just 1 or 2% of the total cost if you use a credit card.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/02/which-to-launch-card-fee-super-complaint--244377/

http://www.which.co.uk/money/credit-cards-and-loans/guides/charges-for-paying-by-credit-and-debit-card/the-card-surcharge-problem-explained/

Our main objection to these charges is that they are not fair or transparent. The cost to the retailer of processing a debit card transaction is approximately 10-20p, while the cost for a credit card transaction is approximately 1%-2% of the transaction. The charges passed on by many travel companies to the consumer are much higher.

These charges are often not declared until the final point of purchase. This means that the customer is unable to make meaningful cost comparisons between flights without proceeding to the screen where a purchase is made.

Thats a great response from the club. Another bookmark in the power of the forum.

:chant6ez:

Just had a phone call from a nice lady at the Club, saying they had noticed i'd been overcharged, and they have now refunded me the difference and sent out a new ticket.

"Which?" magazine has now taken up this issue. In today's copy of the mag they call on the government to stop these charges as;

1. People are often not told of the charge until they make the purchase.

2. It costs the organisation 20p if you pay using a debit card and

3. just 1 or 2% of the total cost if you use a credit card.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/02/which-to-launch-card-fee-super-complaint--244377/

http://www.which.co.uk/money/credit-cards-and-loans/guides/charges-for-paying-by-credit-and-debit-card/the-card-surcharge-problem-explained/

Our main objection to these charges is that they are not fair or transparent. The cost to the retailer of processing a debit card transaction is approximately 10-20p, while the cost for a credit card transaction is approximately 1%-2% of the transaction. The charges passed on by many travel companies to the consumer are much higher.

These charges are often not declared until the final point of purchase. This means that the customer is unable to make meaningful cost comparisons between flights without proceeding to the screen where a purchase is made.

When it comes to football, rather than concerts or holidays, say, it's not quite so simple.

If your ticket is posted out then you have to add that cost of that. Then there's the cost of the people that work in the ticket office putting them in envelopes etc.

And finally (that I can think of) most online ticketing is provided by a third party who will take a cut of each transaction for providing the platform and designing the software.

So it's pretty easy to get up to £1-£1.50 per ticket, or at least closer than it actually seems on first inspection.

That's great - and it doesn't altogether surprise me.

The ticket office folks, in my experience, have always gone out of their way to help me. I think they do a terrific job.

They may not score the goals, but there are so many people at BCFC 'in the background' who should be noted for their efforts.

Which magazine are about to launch a big campaign about these swinging credit card charges. Even debit cards are often an excuse to make a charge when in fact, in the main, the seller does not pay a fee to the bank.

To the guy who got done £4.... Don't get angry just get even; write a letter to the boss and quote the conditions as outlined on the web site. Not only have you been overcharged but you have wasted your valuable time; you support a team which should be sufficient without having to be their auditor for mistakes as well. If you were complaining to me I would be sending you a good will fiver to spend in the club shop on top. Don't ask you don't get. Good luck.

To be fair, I think it was a genuine mistake on the part of the person who took my booking. I was going to go to the ticket office tomorrow, so i hadn't wasted any time. And we all make mistakes, and they phoned me to rectify it. So fair play to them.

As for the Club shop, not my bag i'm afraid. Polyester overload...

Archived