IGNORED

Rovers Going Bust

redhead

I think Lansdown should buy the Mem from them and kick them out, leasing it perminantly to the rugby club and banishing the gas to cheltenham or wherever else.

they "allegedly" tried to steal AG in 1982... why not take the chance to exact some revenge.

^ what he said

**** them

Nothing alleged about it.

Long before my time was 1982, so I didn't want to be factually incorrect as it's not something I know too much about.

However, someone should write to Steve! we could present it as Steve wanting to help fund Bristol Sport by giving BRFC the money to survive whilst garunteeing the long term future of Bristol Rugby... then just kick them out and give it back to the Rugger club!!!

the more I think about this the more I like it, Serves them right for their lack of support over the new stadium and everything else they've done...

Karma is a bitch, and Revenge is a dish best served cold!

Give the fans something to laugh about Steve, destroy them under the pretence of helping!!

If they did go bust, how ironic and also possibly the best thig that could happen to city's finances bar premierleague football

That raises a very good point....

I myself want to hope they do not go under and keep up the rivalry which has been there all my life and I would honestly miss if they did dissapear...

On the other hand though...........the possible financial gain of being truly the ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL is something not to be ignored......

I think Lansdown should buy the Mem from them and kick them out, leasing it perminantly to the rugby club and banishing the gas to cheltenham or wherever else.

they "allegedly" tried to steal AG in 1982... why not take the chance to exact some revenge.

Indeed, can never forgive what they tried to do, it's a shame Bristol Rugby are in such a bad state as it would be the perfect time for them to reclaim their home.

Stuff it, buy the Mem, let Bristol use it until Ashton Vale is open and let them groundshare with us for a feww and then Bulldoze the mem for houses, modern pitches can handle football and rugby.

They have run out of cash. Nick Higgs is paying the salaries out of pocket - his own words. I believe they have up-coming liabilities to HMRC, so maybe this rumour has some legs.

If they have ANY debt whatsoever, they MUST MUST MUST pay the HMRC, they got majorly shafted by us in 82 and have been on the heals of football clubs ever since because of us, thankfully we have a wise man at the helm and they are the first people we pay each year.

Long Term, whether it is now or later, Rovers are stuffed, Bristol can't sustain two clubs in modern climate and with City established in this division and getting to play the likes of Newcastle, West Brom, Boro and anyone else who's come down from the prem in a decent stand, young fans aren't going to be interested in watching Rovers in a crap ground getting beat by the likes of Brighton and Rochdale.

It's just a matter of time, I'll be honest, it is sad though....I do miss the odd derby game and every season I do hope we get them in the first round of the league cup....when they qualify

Archived