IGNORED

Rovers Going Bust

redhead

If their debt is to HMRC, then they are in trouble, as they've started clamping down big style on teams who owe them and can't/won't pay. They MUST be paid before any of their other creditors, no matter the size of the debt. Chester City were wound up last year over a debt of £25,000 to HMRC, which comapred to the amounts some clubs are regularly paying to them is absolute peanuts.

I am a bit sceptical regarding the validity of the story though. As others have said, if they're in imminent danger, why were they signing players in January, and not selling their most prized asset (Hoskins)?

29 replies and counting to a rumour with no source and the OP has vanished since posting.

to be fair, it is well documented that they aren't exactly flush with cash, and considering the impending relegation and money spent on sacking Trollope et al could mean this "rumour" has more credence than most.

if nothing else, it's fantastic to talk about the possibility of exacting revenge.

to be fair, it is well documented that they aren't exactly flush with cash, and considering the impending relegation and money spent on sacking Trollope et al could mean this "rumour" has more credence than most.

if nothing else, it's fantastic to talk about the possibility of exacting revenge.

"Aren't exactly flushed with cash" is a term that applies to 95% of teams in the entire football leagues. Much as I'd love this to be true, I have read or heard nothing anywhere that suggests Rovers are on the verge of administration.

In these hard times we are all experiencing, can a City the size of Bristol accommodate two football league teams?

It might take a decade or so for younger fans to grow up without a Rovers influence but then we might finally be able to get this city out of the football wilderness.

Be carefull what you wish for. To be honest i hope they dont go into admin as theres always a possibility that someone or some consortium will come in who have more ambition and cash than the current lot.

Keep the other lot in so they can just tread water and fluctuate between the bottom 2 divisions for the next 20 yrs. They will eventually die of natural causes, dont worry about that.

Keep the status quo and they will never danger us in anyway. Send em into admin then there will be a small chance new money gets pumped in with increased ambition.

"Aren't exactly flushed with cash" is a term that applies to 95% of teams in the entire football leagues. Much as I'd love this to be true, I have read or heard nothing anywhere that suggests Rovers are on the verge of administration.

i'm with you on this.

Wont believe a word until a link or news report about it.

nearly every club in England is in debt. It means nothing.

Exactly, unless the OP is close personal mates with Nick Higgs I think this is just a case of wishful thinking.

Long before my time was 1982, so I didn't want to be factually incorrect as it's not something I know too much about.

However, someone should write to Steve! we could present it as Steve wanting to help fund Bristol Sport by giving BRFC the money to survive whilst garunteeing the long term future of Bristol Rugby... then just kick them out and give it back to the Rugger club!!!

the more I think about this the more I like it, Serves them right for their lack of support over the new stadium and everything else they've done...

Karma is a bitch, and Revenge is a dish best served cold!

Give the fans something to laugh about Steve, destroy them under the pretence of helping!!

How about just buying it and trying to get planning permission for a super stadium in Bristol, where BRFC and BRFC pay rent to Mr. Landsdowne. Lets face it the whole place is a dog toilet and no one can claim its not!!

:tumbleweed:

• Admin

..... the sags owned 2 houses at the Alton Road end of their ground that was needed for the phantom redevelopment of the Mem .

:whistle2:

Come on guys it is not rocket science that Rovers has had financial problems in the past, when a team does go into administration it very rarely comes out of the blue, look at a team like Plymouth that has been fighting real financial issues this season and they have not had to have the 10 point deduction (yet).

All responding to a pointless posting that probably has no more fact than a Chinese whisper !

Lets worry more about getting three points off Leeds !!!

Some posts on their shitty little excuse of a forum referred to losses of £5 mil... for a team struggling in League 1 with **** all income from the limited TV rights we have in the Championship..sure wouldnt wanna be in their shoes. Cant stand the poxy club, but ultimately they are all fans in the main albeit inbred Whorefield ones. Starting in League 2 with points deducted is what led Lu'on to the conference. If that happens it will stop their pathetic 82'ers crap anyway

Only one club I'd wish bankruptcy on is Cardiff Shitty FC.Couldnt happen to a nicer club

I hope they do not go bust - I can already see the answer to our stadium from the Council and Ashton Vale groups - An existing stadium with planning permission to improve it also with housing/conference facilities. I don't want to have my club transported North :-(

I hope they do not go bust - I can already see the answer to our stadium from the Council and Ashton Vale groups - An existing stadium with planning permission to improve it also with housing/conference facilities. I don't want to have my club transported North :-(

Naturally that would never happen under any circumstances

Archived