IGNORED

Km...you What?

spudski

Quote from KM today...

"But you can't defend like we did for their two goals and expect to get something out of the game. We didn't defend our 18-yard box well enough on the day, and they did, and that was the story of the game.

"You can talk about the shape of the team and all the things that went on between the two penalty areas and it doesn't really matter.

"They are the key areas in any football match and we were second best in those areas.

"We allowed Leeds to score their goals far too easily, by not doing more to stop them getting into our box.

"At the other end, you need to put balls into good areas and have forwards going past defenders. We didn't do that in the first half and then had to chase the game.

"Saying that, we finished the first half on a bit of a high and I told them at half-time to start the second half the same way and take the game to Leeds. Instead, we've conceded another poor goal five minutes in and, to be 2-0 down at home again, is a difficult place to be."

Apparantly, the shape of the team doesn't matter and everything that goes on between the two penalty areas doesn't matter...WTF!!!

The blokes a complete idiot. No wonder our Midfield is non existent, if that's what he thinks. The blokes a complete Moron.

I noticed and got the feeling on saturday that he doesnt and has never felt like our manager. Im a ST holder and I dont think I have heard a pro Millen chant all season?

Millen says get behind the team...walking in a millen wonderland....millen give us a wave

I have not felt as if he is our manager since he took over and we are still waiting for a permanent mgr to step in.

It must be wierd for the players to have a goal keeper who is bigger than the manager.

How must James feel playing under managers such as redknapp etc and now being under millen?

To be fair I have understood this differently.

Poor choice of words but I think he's in a round about way saying it does not matter what tactics and system I give them, the defence have been consistently s**t, letting both him & the fans down and the attack aren't doing their utmost to try and knick a goal here n there ala stead months ago.

I'd be genuinely surprised if Keith does not think the shape and system do not matter.

To be fair I have understood this differently.

Poor choice of words but I think he's in a round about way saying it does not matter what tactics and system I give them, the defence have been consistently s**t, letting both him & the fans down and the attack aren't doing their utmost to try and knick a goal here n there ala stead months ago.

I'd be genuinely surprised if Keith does not think the shape and system do not matter.

But defence doesn't start around the 18 yard box. It starts with your forwards, then works back. Perhaps this is why our fullbacks are constantly being left exposed?

You defend as a team, not just a back four. If the ball is in your opponants half, they are never going to score. Push up and defend further upfield. Instead we let them bring it on. It's not rocket science.

I'm sorry, but KM has been coming out with a 'Poor choice of words' since he's been in charge. Personally i think he's clueless.

But defence doesn't start around the 18 yard box. It starts with your forwards, then works back. Perhaps this is why our fullbacks are constantly being left exposed?

You defend as a team, not just a back four. If the ball is in your opponants half, they are never going to score. Push up and defend further upfield. Instead we let them bring it on. It's not rocket science.

I'm sorry, but KM has been coming out with a 'Poor choice of words' since he's been in charge. Personally i think he's clueless.

Oh yes I agree with what you have said, I was being as polite as can be when I said 'poor choice of words'

It's an odd one as Keith is bit of an enigma - he definitely has some of the tools to be a good manager i.e. ability to spot a player and does not cave in to ridiculous fees and demands by clubs / players.

On the flip side, i do not believe he has the aura of a strong manager / motivator or necessarily the tactical nouse (barring preston away give credit where it's due)

The real burning question for me is, who do we look to bring in come the end of the season? A lot of realistic managers have since been employed into other roles.

Roberto Dimateo? Bit of a gamble though as he would need to buy in a lot of Footballers and ship out our work horses..A big ask

You defend as a team, not just a back four.

Like you say its not rocket science,defend as a unit,attack as a unit,AS A UNIT.

Quote from KM today...

"But you can't defend like we did for their two goals and expect to get something out of the game. We didn't defend our 18-yard box well enough on the day, and they did, and that was the story of the game.

"You can talk about the shape of the team and all the things that went on between the two penalty areas and it doesn't really matter.

"They are the key areas in any football match and we were second best in those areas.

"We allowed Leeds to score their goals far too easily, by not doing more to stop them getting into our box.

"At the other end, you need to put balls into good areas and have forwards going past defenders. We didn't do that in the first half and then had to chase the game.

"Saying that, we finished the first half on a bit of a high and I told them at half-time to start the second half the same way and take the game to Leeds. Instead, we've conceded another poor goal five minutes in and, to be 2-0 down at home again, is a difficult place to be."

Apparantly, the shape of the team doesn't matter and everything that goes on between the two penalty areas doesn't matter...WTF!!!

The blokes a complete idiot. No wonder our Midfield is non existent, if that's what he thinks. The blokes a complete Moron.

Bit of a pointless attack. It wasn't an in depth interview so he wasn't likely to point out details of what went wrong.

Just mentions the basics which you cant really argue with.

You are correct there mate, but you have to admit it is an ambiguous and pretty inane and pointless assessment of the game. That sort of statement only lacks sick parrots and over the moons and is a caricature of the later statements from his predecessor.

It's like he doesn't care. If you know these words are going to be put into print and read by the fans, then you would do your best to explain things better and get them on your side.

The Guy lacks charisma and the ability in getting his thoughts across. I think this is his biggest problem. He seems a deep thinker, but lacks communication skills and the ability the motivate.

You can see it in the players body language, even when they walk out onto the pitch. Beat before they even kick a ball.

Sorry, but the guy doesn't cut it for me, and each week goes by, he proves it even more imho.

You are correct there mate, but you have to admit it is an ambiguous and pretty inane and pointless assessment of the game. That sort of statement only lacks sick parrots and over the moons and is a caricature of the later statements from his predecessor.

True and I also would have preferred to have heard that Millen felt he should have changed the formation at half time given the success we had in the last twenty minutes. It's just that all this anti-Millen stuff is getting very, very, very tiresome. I don't want to sound like a woman, but reading this forum sucks the life out of me presently.

True and I also would have preferred to have heard that Millen felt he should have changed the formation at half time given the success we had in the last twenty minutes. It's just that all this anti-Millen stuff is getting very, very, very tiresome. I don't want to sound like a woman, but reading this forum sucks the life out of me presently.

and who's fault is that?. Firstly the radical Millen militia who fire out propaganda everytime we manage a rare win and praise him for everything from the tea the pies and tell us did you honestly expect a result against this team or that team and secondly Millen himself for spurting out complete drivel like the contents of that interview.

I don't think fans are Anti Millen. Far from it. That's why he never gets booed or abuse at the ground. Everyone wants the best for the Club, but it's clear for many to see, that he's just not the right man for the job.

What positive things are there to write about now on the forum? Not much to be fair, and you are correct it is all very depressing.

and who's fault is that?. Firstly the radical Millen militia who fire out propaganda everytime we manage a rare win and praise him for everything from the tea the pies and tell us did you honestly expect a result against this team or that team and secondly

Millen himself for spurting out complete drivel like the contents of that interview.

I thought you were in Brittany having a holiday?

Why don't you enjoy your holiday instead of sitting there getting all irate every 5 minutes.

Just trying to help ;)

and who's fault is that?. Firstly the radical Millen militia who fire out propaganda everytime we manage a rare win and praise him for everything from the tea the pies and tell us did you honestly expect a result against this team or that team and secondly Millen himself for spurting out complete drivel like the contents of that interview.

Or thirdly; the fans whom have made their stand on Millen's abilities and must shout from the rooftops every negative they can find to reconcile their opinions on him?

Chicken and egg situation.

Or thirdly; the fans whom have made their stand on Millen's abilities and must shout from the rooftops every negative they can find to reconcile their opinions on him?

Chicken and egg situation.

Like the one's who questioned his appointment from day one?, the one's who did'nt believe the hype about what a good coach he is for instance?.

Quote from KM today...

It's all Gary Johnson's fault, after all he trained him didn't he?? :disapointed2se:

Like the one's who questioned his appointment from day one?, the one's who did'nt believe the hype about what a good coach he is for instance?.

You are entitled to your opinion on Millen, I am entitled to my opinion on Millen and every Bristol City fan is entitled to their view on Millen. Balanced and fair opinions, that is.

One love, brother.

Over and out....................

If the shape of the side is irrelevant why did he change it at half time at Preston? Keith really doesn't help his cause with his pronouncements at times. Of course saying the shape didn't matter is a way of avoidng having to explain why he used it and didn't chage it sooner. Mind you he is right about what happens between the penalty areas being irrelevant. It's bound to be when the ball is constantly lumped from back to front.:disapointed2se:

But that was my overview of the game.. up one end we waste chances to clear, people falling over and a nutmegged goalkeeper an at the other we're hitting the woodwork and facing a defence putting their bodies infront of everything we throw at them. Reverse these factors an it's us that win.

Thought between the penalty areas the sides were as mediocre as each other an I think Millen's point of which I agree is that talk of systems and formations lose any context when you consider the factors on the result on a rudimentary level as that.

Was it Clough who said Football is a simple game complicated by people who know nothing about Football?

If I was Keith, I would just say to the players before the next game.

McAllister and Carey, your the full backs get the ball up to the wingers or midfield.

Caulker and Fontaine, your the centre backs get the ball out of danger anyway you can.

Adomah/Rose/Woolford your my wingers, its your job to take a run on and get those balls crossed in for the strikers to finish it.

Elliot/Skuse/Cisse/Johnson your the centre midfield, get those tackles in and win the ball. Get the ball foward to the strike force as soon as you can.

Pitman/Maynard/Keogh your the strike force as soon as you get a chance on target take the bloody shot.

We might nick a 0-0 or even a 1-0 then!

But that was my overview of the game.. up one end we waste chances to clear, people falling over and a nutmegged goalkeeper an at the other we're hitting the woodwork and facing a defence putting their bodies infront of everything we throw at them. Reverse these factors an it's us that win.

Thought between the penalty areas the sides were as mediocre as each other an I think Millen's point of which I agree is that talk of systems and formations lose any context when you consider the factors on the result on a rudimentary level as that.

Was it Clough who said Football is a simple game complicated by people who know nothing about Football?

My view of the game as well, a bit sloppy particularly for the second goal and a bit unlucky with some of the efforts the other end. The problem is the negative influences on this forum will constantly hold up any statement made by KM at the moment and find an angle to suit their agenda.

Alastair Campbell would have a hard job competing with some of these guys.

The way they have posted since Saturday suggests they think they have a massive majority behind them even though we had a "should he stay, should he go" type poll on here a couple of weeks ago that showed there were actually a minority.

Mind you on the Rovers forum they are already after sacking "bad" Penney

If I was Keith, I would just say to the players before the next game.

McAllister and Carey, your the full backs get the ball up to the wingers or midfield.

Caulker and Fontaine, your the centre backs get the ball out of danger anyway you can.

Adomah/Rose/Woolford your my wingers, its your job to take a run on and get those balls crossed in for the strikers to finish it.

Elliot/Skuse/Cisse/Johnson your the centre midfield, get those tackles in and win the ball. Get the ball foward to the strike force as soon as you can.

Pitman/Maynard/Keogh your the strike force as soon as you get a chance on target take the bloody shot.

We might nick a 0-0 or even a 1-0 then!

The Brian Clough school of football management. Some pundits would have us believe that it doesn't work in the modern game.

IMO it does.

Quote from KM today...

Im fairly sure ive read this interview some where at some point. I cant personally find a thing wrong with it. If people dont do the basics, it doesnt matter what formation or shape you play, you will get punished. Depends how you want to perceive it i suppose. Although it seems fairly simple to me.

Archived